You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Themistocles__

How do I get my standalone launcher back?

37 comments in this topic

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
165 posts
12,254 battles

Does anyone use the WG Game Centre ??
is it working well or is it laggy ??? I have read all the posts here and it looks like a good idea but I am not sure .
Please any one who has it can you let me know .
Ta in advance :)

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
165 posts
12,254 battles
19 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Wargaming continues to push users towards its "Game Center" toy. (Latest Patch Notes for Public Test 0.6.14 are urging users to do this)
That is overkill for me, Considering that I only play ONE online game.  (Which would be ZERO if I could break the addiction)

If Wargaming want to "unify" their games such as "World of Tank", "World of Warships", "World of War Planes" etc, let's see them unify gold & credits across those games first before messing about with poncy launchers. :Smile_smile:

well at least the gold as they are the same cost on all 3 games .  

Players
160 posts
8,209 battles
On 3-11-2017 at 8:04 PM, Aotearas said:

It isn't working properly a good chunk of the time.

For example a clanmate of mine (@Lanfear1981) tried to install WoWs on his laptop today, but the Game Center kept telling him that he had no internet connection ...which is false as said clanmate of mine was talking to me over TeamSpeak to see if we can perhaps troubleshoot for potential user error and writing tickets to WG support from the same laptop.

Tell him tro try and reset the tcp stack. Might be timing out due to socket errors.

Open command prompt with admin privileges

netsh winsock reset

then reboot the computer. Might fix the issue.

Launcher works fine on my PC. Never had any issues with it.

Edit: you might also want to point out that Lanfear is a female character from wheel of time so slightly weird for a guy ^^

[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
45 posts

Yeehaaa - my wg games is working properly AGAIN and i can launch them with the launcher.

Just as "themistocles" i did the mistake to installe game center. I didnt like it and deinstalled it, but had to fiddel around to get games (wot, wows, wows public test) to work again, and they could only be launched by the exe file, because when you install game center it delete the games launcher.cfg and launcher.log file. Problem is, if you have installed game center and delete it, you can launch the game with the exe-file, but only until next game update, then you have to installe game center if yo want to update and play the game and that was what happened when wows p-t had a minor update, i couldnt launch the game with exe-file anymore.

Yesterday i did some (a lot) searching and found the proper installer to wot and wows p-t, and by luck i ended up here in this thred and got the link to wows installer kindly presented to us by "themistocles" (you are my friend for life).

I spend the rest of the day to install game againg, and by advice of an old gamer friend i installed games over old installments and preserved all changes made in game settings, mods and so on.

Damn im a glad ol' man today, smiling from ear to ear. And i have lerned a lesson: NEVER DELETE OLD INSTALLERS. All 3 are now in stock in a seperate folder.

[_KTM_]
Beta Tester
109 posts
8,365 battles
On 11/3/2017 at 9:29 PM, __Themistocles__ said:

I found an old file in my Downloads folder, I suggest you do the same, might find it. The name is "WoWS_internet_install_eu.exe"

Thanks man , you're a life saver . 

In my briliant wisdom i decided to do a clean reinstall of wows ( BIIIG mistake) there was nothing wrong with the game however that's what i do from time to time . 

So of course i was forced to use Game Center  .... . Boy idk what's wrong with it but i hope they don't fully release it like this . 

Main issue  some weird [edited]crashes mid game , or at start  , and even if i manage to recconect there's a 70% chance game will crash again imediately  . 

I NEVER had this issue with the old launcher  , even with 8 GB of mods running just fine . 

Players
648 posts
6,841 battles
On 16/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

If Wargaming want to "unify" their games such as "World of Tank", "World of Warships", "World of War Planes" etc, let's see them unify gold & credits across those games first before messing about with poncy launchers. :Smile_smile:

Isn't this the aim of the WG centre?

I downloaded WoWp and ended up the the game centre, but I also ended up with a load of gold and XP from when I played WoT a year or so back. Free to use in WoWp.

The start of unified accounts everyone's been asking for?

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,540 posts
7,002 battles
1 minute ago, DB2212 said:

Isn't this the aim of the WG centre?

I downloaded WoWp and ended up the the game centre, but I also ended up with a load of gold and XP from when I played WoT a year or so back. Free to use in WoWp.

The start of unified accounts everyone's been asking for?

Not for wows that's for sure, since it doesn't use gold.

Players
648 posts
6,841 battles
Just now, domen3 said:

Not for wows that's for sure, since it doesn't use gold.

Agreed, but I used gold and XP from WoT in WoWp. As I said, isn't this the aim of the game centre, to start to unify across all games?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
13 hours ago, DB2212 said:

Agreed, but I used gold and XP from WoT in WoWp. As I said, isn't this the aim of the game centre, to start to unify across all games?

No sadly not. (at least as i know using logic)

The unified use of Gold and free xp happened long before this Launcher saw the light of the day. They did it back in the day to keep WoWP from dying instantly (you may renember or heard what happened).

That fact (that WoT and WoWP already shared Gold & Free xp) didn't stop them though to introduce Dubloons to WoWS as soon as they opend up the premium shop. Much salt came from the community back then.

They tried to gloss over the issue with a lame excuse that Dubloons are a temporary thing until the games were unified, which they can't do right now because they are instead working on more important issues with the game. (fair point as the game were rather fresh and had some issues that needed fixing sooner rather than later).

Then some time later the salt came back when they "unified" the games but only doing so with premiumtime being shared in all games not gold and free xp though. Their excuse this time was the imbalance between xp gaining in WoWS to other games (fair point - just needs some adjusting though), the different price of gold and dubloons (BS ofc) and "technical issues" (even greater BS).

Said "technical issues" are the most recent stated reason for not doing it (yet lol). It was in some recent (as in few month ago - around Gamescom as far as i renember) Q&A. I am too lazy to search for it now though. :Smile_sceptic:

tldr.: NO just Wg being late to the party forcing unnecessary Game centers on you even if you ever want to play only ONE game included (see Origin, UPlay etc.), only because they see what steam did and the money they are making with it. (and to make advertisement for their other games even if you only want to play the one i guess)

• Cool 2

Players
648 posts
6,841 battles
10 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

No sadly not. (at least as i know using logic)

The unified use of Gold and free xp happened long before this Launcher saw the light of the day. They did it back in the day to keep WoWP from dying instantly (you may renember or heard what happened).

That fact (that WoT and WoWP already shared Gold & Free xp) didn't stop them though to introduce Dubloons to WoWS as soon as they opend up the premium shop. Much salt came from the community back then.

They tried to gloss over the issue with a lame excuse that Dubloons are a temporary thing until the games were unified, which they can't do right now because they are instead working on more important issues with the game. (fair point as the game were rather fresh and had some issues that needed fixing sooner rather than later).

Then some time later the salt came back when they "unified" the games but only doing so with premiumtime being shared in all games not gold and free xp though. Their excuse this time was the imbalance between xp gaining in WoWS to other games (fair point - just needs some adjusting though), the different price of gold and dubloons (BS ofc) and "technical issues" (even greater BS).

Said "technical issues" are the most recent stated reason for not doing it (yet lol). It was in some recent (as in few month ago - around Gamescom as far as i renember) Q&A. I am too lazy to search for it now though. :Smile_sceptic:

tldr.: NO just Wg being late to the party forcing unnecessary Game centers on you even if you ever want to play only ONE game included (see Origin, UPlay etc.), only because they see what steam did and the money they are making with it. (and to make advertisement for their other games even if you only want to play the one i guess)

Didn't know that, thanks for the info

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,861 posts
17,421 battles

Brows to your WOWS Install folder Find File Worldofwarships.exe... Right click Create a Shortcut. copy this to your Desktop..

Use this it will take you straight to WOWS Login prompt