Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

How is your Yamamoto Isoroku campaign going on?

116 members have voted

1. 1. How is your Yamamoto Isoroku campaign going on?

• I haven't started it yet...
    • I am at Stage 1...
    • I am at Stage 2...
    • I am at Stage 3...
    • I am at Stage 4...
    • I finished the campaign and got the unique captain!

49 comments in this topic

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,613 battles

I did it a few weeks ago, the collection afterwards is an utter grind however. I've got about half of that so far, mildly offensive how the last collectable is the plane that kills him :Smile_hiding:

[5PIW]
Players
13 posts
7,145 battles

only 7 collectibles left and im done with the entire "grinding"

he is already on 19 points, and waiting for Musashi aboard Yamato, heh.

Beta Tester
1,831 posts
6,121 battles

The collection is finished, i need one more star to unlock the final mission on stage 3, it comming along be it slowly, got about 650k EXP wating for him. :Smile_Default:

Edit: its 400k, forgot i spent some on another skipper. 

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,478 posts
7,928 battles

I don't play enough tier 8-10 regularly to keep the campaign moving along, so I'm still only on the 4th part.

Playing with tier 10s (in other words sailing any tier 8-10 ship) is really draining, since they are so incredibly passive most of the time. I need to keep my spirits up by playing tier 4-7 or I'll end up not wanting to play at all.

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
813 posts
7,246 battles

Finished it and Myoko with 7 second reload is very fun to play for the short time I have to play it.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,911 battles

Captain been in port and 2 flags on my IJN ships for weeks know.. Not placed him yet. He will go in Izimo when i unlock her.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
6,104 battles

Only the Final xp  task missing.But i dont play much ATM.

But a lot of Missions  to get all done. ESP the CV Missions

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
252 posts
13,278 battles

The collection finished amost 5 weeks ago and campaign 3 weeks ago. Isoroku with 19p is a skipper on my lovely Shima...

[AAA-]
Players
662 posts
5,031 battles

Creepingly slowly with the 40.000 base xp mission over and over at the fore-last-stage. The pieces I got 34/40 so still 6 but I get only duplicates so 30 dupls. needed of which I now got 15/30. I did however unlock the 2 flags and camo for the dd seemed to be the most interesting for me.

[ATRA]
Beta Tester
388 posts
7,128 battles

I'm on the last stage with 5 stars short from Yamamoto...

Also, it will sound weird, but....Where do you get the items for the collection?? Is it once you get Yamamoto?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,284 posts
7,514 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

I am almost there...

I am at stage five (no poll option for that :Smile_hiding:) with like 4 Stars left to unlock the final mission.

The Missouri i recently got helps grinding those one star missions by earing 3 mio credits....

Still not sure what i will do with Yamamoto though as i have lots and lots of capable (over 10 skillpoints) IJN captains already.

I am mostly doing this for the double flags on my IJn ships and the cooler looking camo for my Shima. (if i eventualy run out of captain xp camos)

Just now, aquiles7389 said:

Also, it will sound weird, but....Where do you get the items for the collection?? Is it once you get Yamamoto?

You will get one Yamamoto container (the same like those in the premium shop) from the last mission that also gets you the captain.

Once you have one of those (and the collection started) you will find collection items randomly in your normal dayly containers.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,054 posts
9,066 battles

Collection finished a week ago, campaign two days ago.

He's sitting in my reserve since I have no use for him.

[PMI]
Players
2,308 posts
5,463 battles

Collection complete, 2/15 on last stage, will eventually get him.

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

Campaign complete a couple of days ago and I just started the collection. I will come back to the unfinished tasks later, will try to complete 100% of the two other campaigns before which still have a few tasks unfinished

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,284 posts
7,514 battles
Just now, elblancogringo said:

Campaign complete a couple of days ago and I just started the collection. I will come back to the unfinished tasks later, will try to complete 100% of the two other campaigns before which still have a few tasks unfinished

Have fun with the "clear sky" ones (like kill 40 planes in a Tier IX+ cruiser or 30 planes in a BB)

There are some tasks in the campaings (especially the Yamamoto one) I instantly put in the "nope" drawer.

Beta Tester
873 posts
7,041 battles

Finished it all last weekend ... and i am sick and tired of hightier battles ...:Smile_sceptic:

But these red tracers are fun, for sure :Smile_great:

[TCNF]
Beta Tester
343 posts
6,307 battles

i am stuck with the CV missions, since i have no CV, and am too broke to to buy a one, it will take months to buy the Ryojo and get to T VIII, such poorly designed campaign tbh, forcing us to play a particular class 

[NWP]
Players
887 posts
8,163 battles

Finished the collection first, about 3-4 weeks ago and the campaign about 2 weeks ago.

Havent done all the missions yet (i.e. the t9/10 CVs missions cause I dont have a CV above t8), gained the stars by replaying missions I had already done.

Put Adm. Yamamoto on the Yamato, was considering the Zao also but think Yamato has more chances for the first blood with a devastating strike.

Cheers

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Weekend Tester
397 posts
5,123 battles

Completed the collection weeks ago, got Yamamoto yesterday and put him in my Akizuki for now as it only had a 16 point capt and all my other lines had 18 pointers in the top tier ships (T8).   Didn't want ot lose out on 3 points on my other captains.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,938 posts
22,448 battles
2 hours ago, aquiles7389 said:

I bought one container in the premium shop so I could start the collection immediately, you do not have to wait for the one in the missions last goal.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,938 posts
22,448 battles
53 minutes ago, Needy_Game said:

i am stuck with the CV missions, since i have no CV, and am too broke to to buy a one, it will take months to buy the Ryojo and get to T VIII, such poorly designed campaign tbh, forcing us to play a particular class 

You just repeat the missions to get the necessary stars, but for me also I know that the CVs i will probably never do.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,938 posts
22,448 battles

Well finished the campaign 15 th of oct 36/54 missions done, have not done one more after that as I have not played enough and I have now chosen three different more one game achievements, one per class of DD/CA and BB, 7 dev strikes, 3 witherers, kill 2 dds and survive - all doable but it will take time and I am a little burned out in higher tier play atm. Have come a bit with the dev strikes and witherers and i take a Zao game now and then but it is not so easy to kill 2 dds and survive, I have killed one and survived many times, and killed two DDs and got sunk. But it will come, I have after the finishing of the campaign returned more to midtier play and Kutuzov. Kutuzov you can get witherer with however the IFHE is so strong that even if I reach 120-140 K which I have a few times there has not been enough fire. I have had many high tier cruiser games with 45-59 fire damage but only 1 60+ after the mission was chosen, but it will come, I am in no hurry.

After I recieved the 39th collectible on 20th of oct I decided with over 60 duplicates that enough is enough.

In the campaign I have no faith in the CV missions, I doubt if I will ever reach T8 in Cvs.