Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lectere

carrier games always massively outnumbered

56 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
650 battles

I'm pretty new with World of Warship, and I've made it so far that I have a tier 7 carrier now. 

But what really grind my gears is; I have one fighter group, one torpedo bomber group and one dive bomber group. I've been playing around 50 aircraft carrirer games now, and on every single game the enemy has at least double the amount of airplane groups in the air. This seems very, very unfair. What the F am I missing here?

Last game for example I was up against a same tier carrier, but there like 4 enemy fighter groups in the air, up against my one fighter group. And on top of that, they also had 2 groups of torpedo bombers, and 2 groups of dive bombers

Why is this so unfair?, how come my team is always outnumberd?

[SCRUB]
Players
638 posts
11,962 battles

Unless you were playing a game with double carriers per side there is just no way to see five fighter groups. 

I guess you are playing US CVs with 1-1-1 load out. On average your squadrons are larger and your fighters are better than the Japanese counterparts. 

Strafing helps ;) 

Alpha Tester, Players
5,155 posts

dont joke hiryu with as have 3x same as saipan , and as ranger have 2x , so  1 : are u blind or didnt see 2x cv game ? or 2 : or you that bad ? yes very bad 44% and 29k dmg ,,,,, -_-i would say go play coop until  you learn, at this line up you just making team lose

[ONE2]
Players
2,497 posts
14,552 battles

Soooo playing USN carrier by any chance are you? :fish_cute_2: Hehehe!

That is the deal and main difference between Japanese and US Carriers. You WILL always have less airgroups that your IJN counterparts BUT to compensate, they will be larger, you have 6 planes per group and IJN usually has only 4 so you could still make it work. Unless, of course IJN player has the "Air Supremacy"-captain skill, which will increase their airgroup strength to 5. Of course, to counter, you can also get that same skill and increase yours to 7. :Smile_smile:

Players
7 posts
650 battles

Maybe I'm naming the other planes wrong, maybe they are not fighter groups, but I see at least 4 other enemy plane groups in the air besides the bombers.

[ONE2]
Players
2,497 posts
14,552 battles

Yupsie, that's the deal here BUT since your airgroups are bigger (6 planes) the actual numbers of planes available to you and the IJN player are just about the same. It's just that your planes are concentrated in bigger but fewer groups whereas IJN has many groups with less airplanes in them. :cap_popcorn:

Of course, you also must consider the replacement planes as well, not just the ones in the air at the same time.:Smile_great:

Also yeah, while Hiryu does have more planes with 72 against your 58, with bigger squadrons and better planes you will still be able to wipe them out from the sky with relative ease in one-on-one squadron fights. The IJN player will have to concentrate both his fighter squadrons, if he intends to match your 1. :cap_cool:

[PUPSI]
Players
6,399 posts
1 minute ago, Lectere said:

Maybe I'm naming the other planes wrong, maybe they are not fighter groups, but I see at least 4 other enemy plane groups in the air besides the bombers.

then either the enemy has two CVs or you only see the fighters of cruisers and battleships...

• Cool 1

Players
383 posts
10,987 battles

You might want to take a look at what loadouts other T7 CVs have to offer. Should you feel like lets say Hiryu suits you better, then you should probably try the japanese line instead. Also check out some videos on how to play carriers properly ... this will surely make playing more comfortable for you regardless of the ship you pick.

Players
7 posts
650 battles

Yes, they are fighters of cruisers and battleships, but why the F, is the enemy team always outnumbering me?

Our team has battleships and cruisers two, why don't they launch aircraft? And no, there were no double carriers...

[ONE2]
Players
2,497 posts
14,552 battles
3 minutes ago, Lectere said:

Yes, they are fighters of cruisers and battleships, but why the F, is the enemy team always outnumbering me?

Our team has battleships and cruisers two, why don't they launch aircraft?

Hhehehe! That question you probably should ask them then. We cannot explain that, but almost every BB and Cruiser in the game at tier 7 has some planes, either for spotting or fighters.:cap_tea:

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

They probably do but catapult fighters only circle the ship they were launched from so they will stay near the ships of your team.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles
22 minutes ago, Lectere said:

I'm pretty new with World of Warship, and I've made it so far that I have a tier 7 carrier now. 

But what really grind my gears is; I have one fighter group, one torpedo bomber group and one dive bomber group. I've been playing around 50 aircraft carrirer games now, and on every single game the enemy has at least double the amount of airplane groups in the air. This seems very, very unfair. What the F am I missing here?

Last game for example I was up against a same tier carrier, but there like 4 enemy fighter groups in the air, up against my one fighter group. And on top of that, they also had 2 groups of torpedo bombers, and 2 groups of dive bombers

Why is this so unfair?, how come my team is always outnumberd?

Firstly do not go beyond T7.

Secondly learn what the 3 types of plants and what they do.

Thirdly learn that Alt Manual drops are far more effective for bombings but they need a bit of practice.

Lastly watch a lot of YouTube and learn how CVs work. https://www.youtube.com/user/farazelleth He does the best guides but might be a bit complex until you've grasped the basics.

• Cool 5

[ONE2]
Players
2,497 posts
14,552 battles

Oh yeah, there's that too. BB and Cruisers planes are purely for self-defence. They cannot actually send them out on combat missions to attack enemy fleet or aircraft (unless within their own AA gun range). So they will not be able to accompany you on your way to attack the enemy fleet, only CV's can do that.:cap_old:

Oh yeah and also, the Planes Cruisers or BB's send out are not "real" fighter squadrons of several planes each, they are just single aircraft, so even if it seems a lot. There is just 1 plane each. So they are not really a threat to your squadrons, their job is only to disrupt them, only the enemy CV is something to worry about.:cap_yes:

Players
7 posts
650 battles

I suspected that the BB and cruiser planes are not able to wonder around. And that al seems fair enough, but why the F it seems that these rules do not count for the oposite team?

I seems as if the planes from the cruisers and BB from the other team are going where they please, 

[ONE2]
Players
2,497 posts
14,552 battles

Well, if you think about it... Their planes also just circle their own ships, but when you attack them or fly over them then you would be smack in their active range right?:Smile_Default:

So in a way, they are just where they are supposed to be and of course, once the enemy sees your planes approaching, they all will immediately launch their planes to counter you. :etc_red_button:

But OFC, they cannot follow you back to your Carrier or anything like that, you will leave them behind as soon as your planes go on their return trip. Well the enemy CV fighters will still be there to give chase tho.:cap_rambo:

Players
776 posts
12,491 battles
4 minutes ago, Lectere said:

I suspected that the BB and cruiser planes are not able to wonder around. And that al seems fair enough, but why the F it seems that these rules do not count for the oposite team?

I seems as if the planes from the cruisers and BB from the other team are going where they please, 

Spotters and catapult fighters circle their mother ships and the latter attack the first enemy squadron that goes within their patrol circumference. You may think that they "fly wherever they like" under two circumstances: their mother ship is concealed (in a smoke, for example) or sunk. In the second case they represent no threat, since not having a ship to defend they stay flying in small circles for a while and attacking nobody unless engaged. It's good to get rid of them though, because they still can spot ships, torpedoes and other planes until they fall to the water, thus being a hindrance.

Salute.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,556 posts
9,775 battles
1 hour ago, Lectere said:

You're playing the US CVs. That's the problem. Not that WG seems to particularily care ...

If you really want to play CVs, go with the IJN line. Though I wouldn't particularily advise sinking in too much effort unless you really, REALLY want to because CVs are like the unwanted stepchild to WG with them postponing the much needed CV rebalance, not fixing its UI issues (stutters and overall just having a bad control UI) and flat-out locking them out of clan battles.

[WGB]
Players
2,061 posts
26,011 battles
2 hours ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

i would say go play coop until  you learn

And then, you will meet Blogis in co op and wished you played Random. :cap_haloween:

EDIT. Op, well done for getting to T7, I lost interest in CV's after T4 T5's had manual drop nerfed. 

• Cool 2

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Strike US carriers were fun, I was really in love with Lexi, 21 1k lbs bombs, 6 torps, ez oneshots on BBs.

But now, the strike GZ has more strike power, the one with only TB has fighters, you also have Enterprise around, so no real point on playing Lexi. 

Players
961 posts
4,916 battles

Good thing you came here seeking advice and being actually interested in learning a thing or two. 

Carriers are the most complex and demanding class to play and do well in (as evidenced by me having quite good stats in them even though I really suck at micro management games -> mostly farming potato cvs).

Negativvv was spot on.  Farrazeleth, while complex and a bit on the long side, explains the logic and tactics behind cv play beautifully. A lot to be learned there. 

Not playing US cvs myself (don't like the load outs), but keep going, keep informing yourself and you will improve quickly. 

Players
3,801 posts
6,004 battles
9 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Carriers are the most complex and demanding class to play and do well in

This is your very own POV, because...

9 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

I really suck at micro management games

Thats the reason. People, who favor RTS-games, will do well in CVs pretty quick, while having problems to make other classes work. Its just that the usual RTS-Player is not attracted to come to wows.

Beta Tester
1,361 posts
5,279 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Thats the reason. People, who favor RTS-games, will do well in CVs pretty quick, while having problems to make other classes work. Its just that the usual RTS-Player is not attracted to come to wows.

Not entirely true. I enjoy RTS games a lot, the problem is that the CV interface is buggy and unresponsive and you have a different set of rules to anyone else.

Not to mention the AA powercreep at tier 6-8 that makes any progress for me grind to a screeching halt.

Players
3,801 posts
6,004 battles
22 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

the problem is that the CV interface is buggy and unresponsive

Which is a total different problem. Has nothing to do with skill, again. Needless to say, it needs to be fixed.

Sign in to follow this