Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Xaero_

y u do dis MM

11 comments in this topic

Players
137 posts
6,579 battles

Just to be safe, i'm not calling out anyone on this thread, just me scratching my head at how games are so utterly one sided it makes me wonder how the MM system works P:

Print screen will show what I mean, just makes for utterly boring games for both sides, I rarely seem to be in the situation that the skill balance is fairly equal on both sides

shot-17.11.02_18.02.22-0342.jpg

[NWP]
Players
6,566 posts
7,484 battles

Look at the enemy teams Division HINTHINT

A and B same clan, seem to be very good players (not that Rank 1 is necessary a skill indicator...) but missouri missouri Black... ontop of that another R1 Des Moines player. Seems to me tho the R1 players did deserve their Rank here.

Obviously someones gonna put that "same clan" arguement in my mouth, im not blaming anyone here, just pointing it out, maybe it was unintentional.

Maybe would have been a bit better if your team would have had one of their divisions instead (Yamato and Izumo, BB divisions always give me a shiver in hightiers...)

Players
137 posts
6,579 battles

For me if you manage to get to level 1 you must be fairly decent at the game, so goes for other players that get 10+ on ranked. It's not best indicator though, just wished I wasn't constantly barraged with really one sided games 

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,559 battles
7 minutes ago, _Xaero_ said:

For me if you manage to get to level 1 you must be fairly decent at the game,

unfortunatly its about how manny games u want to put into it.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,566 posts
7,484 battles
5 minutes ago, lameoll said:

unfortunatly its about how manny games u want to put into it.

Yep, 1000+ games Rank 1 with <45% WR do exist... sadly.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,610 posts
16,729 battles
2 hours ago, _Xaero_ said:

I rarely seem to be in the situation that the skill balance is fairly equal on both sides

Well, yeah, that's kinda the thing about random MM.

And it's gonna stay that way because this is not a super competitive MP game.

Players
4,544 posts
8,228 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

And it's gonna stay that way because this is not a super competitive MP game.

You could easily implement this. Give people the option to slap passwords onto servers, let them pick maps and limits of players, classes, tier etc...

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,610 posts
16,729 battles
13 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

You could easily implement this.

It is more or less in the game via training room, which is used for the more competitive side of WoWs.

Still doesn't mean this game is meant to be a competitive one on a fundamental design basis.

Players
4,544 posts
8,228 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

It is more or less in the game via training room, which is used for the more competitive side of WoWs.

Yea I know. But its not per default there - which is stupid for other reasons also - and you dont earn XP and credits there. Which kinda makes playing exclusivly there stupid, since earning credits is a core mechanic of the game.

2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Still doesn't mean this game is meant to be a competitive one on a fundamental design basis.

It wouldnt take away anything from people that want to ignore such a gamemode. Im right now at the point, where Im sick and tired of random battles. I cant bear the stupidity anymore.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,426 battles

Still can be seen as naming and shaming so always blur out all names that aren't your division, and possibly even blur out your divisionmates. Your own name you can keep, noone cares about that :Smile_teethhappy:

The MM doesn't care of players skill, it only balances ships to some extent. Basically points that count:

• equal numbers of CVs
  • +/-1 BB
  • +/-1 DD
  • possibly +/-1 tier A ship compared to the number of tier A ships on the enemy team, but I'm not sure if that is a thing

If you get a thing that shows you player skills (similar to WoT XVM) you'll notice that generally teams are quite "balanced" - you have 2 to 4 ok to good players and 8 to 10 potatoes per side, with the average win rate differing by up to 5...6% between the teams. If one team is clearly superior that tends to be the short 6 min onesided game.

Sign in to follow this