Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Tyke

Hood vs KGV

6 comments in this topic

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

I like my cruisers, and I like my RN.  I enjoy my low tier games too. 

But time for a change. The latest patch has stopped the enjoyment for me in almost every game. So despite my dislike of BB gameplay this is my chosen course while I wait to see if WG do something to compensate for the disastrous hit inflicted on RN cruisers.

Whine over . . .

So I just unlocked the KGV. Its a lot of fun (I grudgingly admit) despite being a higher tier than I am usually comfortable with. Seems to be favoured well by the MM too, which is always a bonus. 

Now, I do like my premium ships and the idea of having the Hood parked in my port is very appealing. But why would I want two RN boats of the same tier.

This is the dilemma for me.

I do not need the credits or the XP another premium would bring, I just fancy the idea of having her.

Is the Hood a different enough type of boat to warrant parting with about £30, or are they about the same for game play?  

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,669 battles

Save the cash for something else, i doubt the def AA consumable youll get on Hood is worth the cost, KGV may have smaler caliber guns, but it has more of them, so you dont loose much in firepower, instead get more chances of starting a fire and getting consistend damage. 

But if you are a hardcore collector, then theres nothing one can say, its all up to you.

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles
2 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

But if you are a hardcore collector, 

No, no, not at all. I enjoy having them, but I am by no means hardcore.

I genuinely just want to know what benefits I might get from Hood over KGV. Thanks for your quick reply.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
536 posts
13,689 battles

Probably some cash since Hood is prem but other than that I don't know, haven't played Hood to be honest but KGV is a decent ship for her tier.

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Thanks for the tips, guys.

I shall leave Hood in the shop window.

Sign in to follow this