You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

WG thank you - the "Clan Wars" (once in the "Gale League") offer best consistent gameplay experience in WoWs!

37 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,674 posts
11,194 battles

Hi all,

WG thank you - the "Clan Wars" (once in the "Gale League") offer best consistent gameplay experience in WoWs! :Smile_great:

It is really great when in battle your Clan has 7 players communicating all the time (via TS or similar), all player are good (usually much much better than 50+ WinRate with great average damage and other stats) and the victory or defeat comes only because enemy is even better and/or they had better strategy/tactics on particular map... :Smile_Default:

Atmosphere in 7-man team is friendly, there is no "salt" and everybody is supporting eachother - truly fantastic experience! :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 12

[NED]
Players
4,374 posts
12,045 battles

I couldn't agree more. I think it's the best what happened in wows! You either prevail or go down together as a team. Also the communication with the "enemies" is very benign and often extremely funny. I'm having a blast!

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

yeah i am enjoying CB also.. i am just missing report function so we can went salt at OM when we lose :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[-TWA-]
Players
886 posts
12,568 battles

Its a fun mode.

Contrary to my initial reaction the biggest hit was the removal of the CV. Plane spotting in a 7v7 situation would have created a very stale environment.

I would have preferred if it was 9v9 with wider cap spread to create more "fronts" on each battle but the 7v7 works well atm though it needs 1 or 2 more maps.

• Cool 2

[N0RSE]
Players
1,739 posts

CW is very fun, but exausting. A nice place to hide away from all the potatoes. GJ WG. Still don't like the primetime tho. 

After each game you can discuss what went wrong and how to improve. 

I wish we could have the maps with the correct capture points in trainingrooms. Not just the standard once. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,064 posts
4,886 battles

I tried it and found it indifferent as expected. The primetime is too short and any pleb who hasn't reached a T 10 ship because reasons is basically out. Had it been 18 - 24 and on T 8 I could have played it more, as things stand the whole experience cost me 7 million credits for a return of 25 flags.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Lovely game mode, as a DM player a bit passive, always looking at caps, but then you have those amazing brawls putting all your DPM :cap_rambo:  finishing sometimes into rams (Because if you dont have torps you are the torp) 

I also like the comunication with other teams, its usually friendly.

And you have the rewards, pretty nice, a bit more than 2k gold, 1 month premium and a ton of good quality flags and camo+ some flags and enough oil to be invaded by the USA.

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

If it only were running at a time most players could play it...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,674 posts
11,194 battles

Hi all,

12 minutes ago, Juanx said:

If it only were running at a time most players could play it...

Very true... this is my one big grievance with it... it is hard to "collect" all the people from all different European time zones at precise time... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

[HOO]
Players
467 posts

This thread gives me hope... haven't managed to make it in to CW yet, but now I see it is largely seen as fun, so I'll keep trying.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
1 hour ago, Cosseria said:

as things stand the whole experience cost me 7 million credits for a return of 25 flags.

I'd pay 70 million credits for the fun I had so far! :cap_money:

Players
2,433 posts
11,419 battles
1 hour ago, Hawg said:

This thread gives me hope... haven't managed to make it in to CW yet, but now I see it is largely seen as fun, so I'll keep trying.

Same here.

I have still only mobile Internet, iam without real Internet for 5 months now (thanks Telekom, you will hear from my Lawyer) and sometimes my ping goes over 9000 (literally) and my ship dosent react at all for serval seconds, or i even get disconnected completely and the game throws me back to the login-screen, so i dont play competetive atm to not ruin the matches for my clan mates.

But what people say here, proves what a lot of people including me were saying since the beta of WoWs:
Competetive gameplay is the future and the true fun in this game.

This gives me really much hope for World of Warships. Clan wars should have been added way earlier.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
358 posts
13,505 battles
4 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

WG thank you - the "Clan Wars" (once in the "Gale League") offer best consistent gameplay experience in WoWs! :Smile_great:

It is really great when in battle your Clan has 7 players communicating all the time (via TS or similar), all player are good (usually much much better than 50+ WinRate with great average damage and other stats) and the victory or defeat comes only because enemy is even better and/or they had better strategy/tactics on particular map... :Smile_Default:

Atmosphere in 7-man team is friendly, there is no "salt" and everybody is supporting eachother - truly fantastic experience! :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

Sarcasm? :fish_glass:

Getting serious again: Despite all the haters hating and 99% of the CCs calling the current version of CB the end of WoWs it looks as if this mode is a huge success. It is very unfortunate that "CV-mains" are somewhat excluded, but we manage to build them into the team and get them the flag for Stalingrad.

Yes, sometimes battles get stale but overall I see a lot of pushing and flanking going on. Also a lot of different setups are used. Depending on playstyle and players abilities I have seen all Cruisers in good Typhoon teams. Teams are utilizing their different setups to do different strategies, from controlling caps to "we come and get you with overwhelming firepower".

• Cool 4

Players
1,064 posts
4,886 battles
2 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

I'd pay 70 million credits for the fun I had so far! :cap_money:

Because you presumably have T 10 ships of your own and both experience and good captains on them. Anyone lacking those is bound to a miserable experience. I was almost forced to join last night, after a foreseeable defeat I was 7 mil credits poorer and I would have been more effective had I been allowed to bring my Tashkent to battle, or even my Benson or Kagero. Of course WG adopted the T 10 only policy in order to make players feel obliged to grind up to T 10. I'm actively campaigning against CBs in my clan as it's spoiling the good vibe we had so far. New players are feeling guilty as they lack T 10 experience and the credits to join, the bosses are putting the pressure on everybody to join CBs even if you just log in for a few easy randoms, it's getting beyond crazy.

Players
986 posts
5,083 battles

I enjoyed the battles a lot so far. It was the only reason I looked for a clan and actually managed to find a great one at that. Lots of good times had so far. 

The battles are quite exhausting, simply because you want to do your job and not let your guys down. Still, with proper communication you can work miracles. 

I still feel the format should be tweaked in future seasons to allow cvs. If WG were to announce such plans now more people would start grinding them and learning to do well, which would also counter bb overpopulation. Good hunting guys, just not when up against us ;).

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,674 posts
11,194 battles

Hi all,

5 minutes ago, TobiAssho said:

Sarcasm? :fish_glass:

Getting serious again: Despite all the haters hating and 99% of the CCs calling the current version of CB the end of WoWs it looks as if this mode is a huge success. It is very unfortunate that "CV-mains" are somewhat excluded, but we manage to build them into the team and get them the flag for Stalingrad.

Yes, sometimes battles get stale but overall I see a lot of pushing and flanking going on. Also a lot of different setups are used. Depending on playstyle and players abilities I have seen all Cruisers in good Typhoon teams. Teams are utilizing their different setups to do different strategies, from controlling caps to "we come and get you with overwhelming firepower".

No sarcasm at all - I really think that "Clan Wars" is the best thing the WG did so far in proper team vs. team gameplay! :Smile_Default:

BTW, I also very much like the "play-offs" where you can ensure the stay in higher leage without depending on just one single game (and in which your team might get unlucky)... :Smile_great:

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,674 posts
11,194 battles

Hi all,

Just now, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

I enjoyed the battles a lot so far. It was the only reason I looked for a clan and actually managed to find a great one at that. Lots of good times had so far. 

The battles are quite exhausting, simply because you want to do your job and not let your guys down. Still, with proper communication you can work miracles. 

I still feel the format should be tweaked in future seasons to allow cvs. If WG were to announce such plans now more people would start grinding them and learning to do well, which would also counter bb overpopulation. Good hunting guys, just not when up against us ;).

Yesterday my Clan had a battle where our two surviving ships had less than 5% HP at the end - but they ensured our victory!

It is really intense and fun...

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
986 posts
5,083 battles

Not saying it isn't Leo, I'm having  blast and encountered @Tellson and his cats yesterday, all I am saying is that I still believe there can be improvements made, like 10 players, max 1cv and 2bbs. Stuff like that. 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
32 minutes ago, Cosseria said:

after a foreseeable defeat I was 7 mil credits poorer

Can you explain this a bit further please?

I think saying that everyone who hasn't got a 19-point commander "is bound to a miserable experience" is quite harsh.

There are probably quite a few players in Squall and Gale League who don't have good commanders on their ships. There are also some [ships] in Storm League.

Players
986 posts
5,083 battles
2 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

I think saying that everyone who hasn't got a 19-point commander "is bound to a miserable experience" is quite harsh.

There are probably quite a few players in Squall and Gale League who don't have good commanders on their ships. There are also some [Ships] in Storm League.

Didn't have one on shima until yesterday, at about 16k commander xp per win (wo premium account) it didn't take long to get there. 

Still wonder why some people complain about tier limitations in a game fundamentally focused on progression. Be glad there are rental ships at all. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,064 posts
4,886 battles
Just now, SeeteufeI said:

I guess there are a lot players in Squall and Gale League who don't have good commanders on them. There are also some [Ships] in Storm League.

That was the price I had to pay to fit the Zao with upgrades, in order to be at least partly competitive.

1 minute ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Didn't have one on shima until yesterday, at about 16k commander xp per win (wo premium account) it didn't take long to get there. 

Still wonder why some people complain about tier limitations in a game fundamentally focused on progression. Be glad there are rental ships at all. 

I complain because there are players like me who don't see T 10 as the ultimate goal and never bothered grinding one, and never will. Then CBs came out and I felt compelled to join as my duty towards the clan, but as I foresaw it was an unrewarding game experience both for me and for my clan mates who didn't own a T 10, mostly because of that T 10 setting.

Anyway, just to point it out: I'm not saying that anybody who's having fun is a fool. Actually, I'm glad somebody find this mode a success. I'm just trying to objectively point out the reasons why somebody else has got more harm than benefits from that game mode.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,674 posts
11,194 battles

Hi all,

45 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Not saying it isn't Leo, I'm having  blast and encountered @Tellson and his cats yesterday, all I am saying is that I still believe there can be improvements made, like 10 players, max 1cv and 2bbs. Stuff like that. 

Of course - it is, after all, the "Pilot Season"...

Leo "Apollo11"

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
33 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

I fully agree. I'll not discuss about the benefits of a highly skilled commander here, I just wanted to point out that basically saying you can't have fun in clan battles without such commander is not true, in my opinion.

//off topic

Spoiler

A KKTM member without a 19-pointer? Whaaat?! :P

I'm just kidding, when I was looking for a clan about a year ago, you guys caught my attention. But since I can't take part in training sessions that much I didn't apply.

o7

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
7 minutes ago, Cosseria said:

That was the price I had to pay to fit the Zao with upgrades, in order to be at least partly competitive.

I think they'll be removed and put into your inventory for free, so it's not that big of a deal.

I mean the credits aren't lost...

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,247 posts
12,636 battles
6 minutes ago, Cosseria said:

Anyway, just to point it out: I'm not saying that anybody who's having fun is a fool. Actually, I'm glad somebody find this mode a success. I'm just trying to objectively point out the reasons why somebody else has got more harm than benefits from that game mode.

That is anything but objective. 

It was literally all your choice. Your loyalty to your clan is commendable but it's not WG's fault that you decided to act on that loyalty. What I mean is if clan battles would have been at t6, I would have had to spend money and get some t6 ships. I would hate every moment playing at that tier but I would do it. However, I wouldn't consider it to be WGs fault. 

The fact that you don't see t10 as the ultimate goal is totally arbitrary. That is the end goal of the game. In Diablo 2 a lot of people spent their time farming Mephisto. That wasn't the game's end goal though. So while I get what you're saying, again I don't think it's WGs fault.

Yes, it's not for everyone, some people won't like it or won't ave ever bothered getting a t10 ship etc. But that would have been the case with any chosen tier. Someone would have not enjoyed some aspect. 

T10 makes sense because it's natural progression, it's well balanced and it ensures that people playing have at least some idea of how to play the game.

I think the current iteration of Clan Wars is brilliant and I am having a lot of fun. :)

• Cool 2