D3mone

FIX x Big World Client error | Windows 10 update 1709

9 comments in this topic

Question

[-CRM-]
Players
7 posts
3,310 battles

Hi guys, here the solution for Big World Client error after updating Windows 10 to last big patch.

This issue come after the last Windows 10 update (version 1709 build 16299) and is NOT related to directx, permission or visual C++ (not waste ur time) but with a single "bugged" option in Windows.

Solution for Wows crash and for minimized games at startup:

- Go to Control panel

- Go to System

- Go to Tablet Mode

- Turn off the two "hide" options (generally u should have only 1 option enabled)

Wows and  minimized games now will work correctly.

8 answers to this question

[FAD]
Players
86 posts

I think the latest windows 10 updates does not support the latest World client and it causes issuses maybe e Reinstall will fix it 

Players
6 posts
4,173 battles

Hello, I've done the suggested changes, but unfortunately I do not work. I disconnect both options in tablet mode but have not been good since then. Can anybody have any solution?

error.jpg

[LOBUZ]
Beta Tester
1,044 posts
5,521 battles
On 2.11.2017 at 2:56 AM, D3mone said:

Hi guys, here the solution for Big World Client error after updating Windows 10 to last big patch.

This issue come after the last Windows 10 update (version 1709 build 16299) and is NOT related to directx, permission or visual C++ (not waste ur time) but with a single "bugged" option in Windows.

- Go to Control panel

- Go to System

- Go to Tablet Mode

- Turn off the two "hide" options (generally u should have only 1 option enabled)

I got this problem. Hope your solution will help because I'm running out of ideas. :( Will check and inform.

Edit: Didn't work :(

Beta Tester
75 posts
4,069 battles
On 02.11.2017 at 4:56 AM, D3mone said:

- Go to Control panel

- Go to System

- Go to Tablet Mode

Used it and it worked. Thanks :) 

But now I'm suffering a huge fps drop. I used to play at 60 fps but now it barely makes 20. Did you have the same issue? If you did, how did you fix it? 

Players
116 posts
3,229 battles

I updated my Nvidia driver, a new version came out 20.12.17. Also turned off the Tablet mode thing, It is still unstable, i tried to launch wows and managed to do it in windowed mode but the huge fps drop made me switch to fullscreen non windowed mode... I should not have done that, now i cannot even access the options at the login screen because the game freezes up instantly as soon as i launch it. 

I was really looking forward to earning Duke of York, playing in the new season 8, buying some containers, possibly Scharnhorst discounted cuz the camo look awesome... 

All of this is just gone as an option for me now that Windows 10's latest update has completely fucked alot of my games. I notice it in Warhammer 2 Total War aswell, and even in Skyrim when playing in windowed mode i can see an fps drop lol...

[LLOD]
Players
2 posts
4,212 battles

I have the same issue after update of Windows 10 to build 1709.

It is caused by the DX11 rendering. Here is the easy fix:

1. Locate the preference.xml file in game folder (for example C:\World_of_Warships).

2. Edit the file

3. Find the following section GRAPHICS_API

4. Change the value from 1 (DX11) to 0 (DX9).

5. Save the changes and run the game.

• Cool 1

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles

Whatever driver i use, the most stable for my card or the latest, it's the same story, straight from a fresh windows 10 install, settings at medium, changes of drivers etc. Crashes, after crashes after crashes.

The last funny event was my driver prevented WoW to access it, that simple.

I don't think it is a hardware or driver issue, it started two updates releases ago and it haven't improved with the last one, now i'm unable to play in Random and in less demanding modes it crashes too often to make the game enjoyable, and like most of you guys i pay my premium. 

SO W.G please sort this sh!t out because there are other games online and i'm not going to spend more dosh on this one if i can't play it for cause of instability. Thanks in advance.

crash list.jpg

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles
On 26/12/2017 at 4:52 PM, Maddoc206 said:

I have the same issue after update of Windows 10 to build 1709.

It is caused by the DX11 rendering. Here is the easy fix:

1. Locate the preference.xml file in game folder (for example C:\World_of_Warships).

2. Edit the file

3. Find the following section GRAPHICS_API

4. Change the value from 1 (DX11) to 0 (DX9).

5. Save the changes and run the game.

This trick seems to work but there is a detail i would like to point out.

My Windows automatic update was disabled...

This indicates the possibility of an incompatibility with DirectX11, i have been playing both Ops and Random so far without any further issues other than slight screen pollution, which i am trying to fix by installing the known most stable driver for my graphic card.

If you wish to uninstall and reinstall your drivers, there is a little app which i did find very useful, it's free and it works.

Download DDU from the developer and follow the instructions below (use your own graphic card driver, doing dome research for the known most stable can also help): 

Display Driver Uninstaller.

NVIDIA-Instructions.png.da92fd2b7056f3101f6263f285c5f957.png