You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Der_Himmel

We met very serious Racial Discrimination, will you punish them?

25 comments in this topic

[CHN-R]
Players
2 posts
9,150 battles

Hello dear WOWS designers,

I am a normal WOWs player, in the clan war today we met very serious Racial Discrimination. A player has given trash words about Chinese and African. It was really a serious situation. We all think we were insulted. I wonder if the players in EU server can say whatever they want, this game would be a trash can. Will you punish this behavior?

Sincerely,

Der_Himmel

1. Nov

59fa56c8362bc_Reportforracism.thumb.jpg.0247819c844e3eea0b6b307e6ad8f28d.jpg

EDITED]

Edited by MrConway
Replay removed for naming and shaming!

[BYOB]
Players
3,806 posts
15,430 battles

First, there are rules against naming and shaming.

Second, WG will do nothing besides reminding you of the report function, which does (also) nothing.

• Cool 1

[CR-S]
Players
557 posts

Showing names in screenshots is forbidden, "naming&shaming".

Regarding your question: i see more and more racism etc too. In serious cases you write a ticket to the customer support, they take care of his.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

First of all, delete the name and clan tag of him, else you will get a warning for naming and shaming.

Send it to the support if you want WG to do something about it.

Second... Honestly, I have seen way worse things. I don't say that this is not a form of racial discrimination but compared to other things things I have seen and heard this hardly seems report-worthy... I don't even know how to express what I feel about this statement. :Smile_amazed:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

It's always worth reporting.

I reported someone with a homophobic username and WG took action, they even apologised I had to play along side someone like that.

Checked afterwards and they enforced a name change on the guy!

• Cool 2

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Naming and shaming :Smile_coin:

Also you can not report on CWs, imagine the salt, ez 70 reports in a single game. Your only option is to send a ticket, but still, if words offend you dont go on the internet.

About the insults... seen way worse, I personally like the little insults ingame, on one of the CWs tonight I blow out the 2 frontal turrets of a DM, just made fun of him while he... welp, he did nothing, poor guy. After all its a war game, dont talk about mummies (and mommies) and it should be fine.

• Cool 1

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,844 battles

The player is a moron, I hope his mummy gave him a smack and took hid teddy bear away for a month.

report him, write his name on a bit of toilet paper, and you should know what to do with it afterwards.

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
8 hours ago, iJoby said:

The player is a moron, I hope his mummy gave him a smack and took hid teddy bear away for a month.

report him, write his name on a bit of toilet paper, and you should know what to do with it afterwards.

mummy?

Image result for mummy
  • Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,269 posts
9,070 battles

"Oh no somebody said bad things on the internet, i am so offended i am literally shaking" - Everybody, 2017

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,049 posts
9,411 battles
12 hours ago, Der_Himmel said:

Hello dear WOWS designers,

I am a normal WOWs player, in the clan war today we met very serious Racial Discrimination. A player has given trash words about Chinese and African. It was really a serious situation. We all think we were insulted. I wonder if the players in EU server can say whatever they want, this game would be a trash can. Will you punish this behavior?

Sincerely,

Der_Himmel

1. Nov

59fa56c8362bc_Reportforracism.thumb.jpg.0247819c844e3eea0b6b307e6ad8f28d.jpg

*Edited

LOL :cap_popcorn:

Beta Tester
2,049 posts
9,411 battles
9 hours ago, Negativvv said:

It's always worth reporting.

I reported someone with a homophobic username and WG took action, they even apologised I had to play along side someone like that.

Checked afterwards and they enforced a name change on the guy!

His name wasn't Kevin Spacey by any chance?

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
22 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

His name wasn't Kevin Spacey by any chance?

Lel no, it was pre Spacey scandal :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,434 posts

As I see a few of them here (and them even getting likes):

Apologists for such behavior are just as bad the one throwing the racist comments around.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
14 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

As I see a few of them here (and them even getting likes):

Apologists for such behavior are just as bad the one throwing the racist comments around.

In case you include me: I admitted that this is some form of racial discrimination. However, this is neither the "I want to be funny" kind (like jokes about French(wo)men, Germans or Americans) nor a hard "I f* your mum you >insert religion< >insert inhabitant of East-european country here<" kind of racism. The sentence the OP takes offence to is more like a random statement without any context which is something I'd rise an eyebrow to in confusion but that's it.

Then again, Im am neither Chinese nor black, nor do I believe in the existence of God or something like souls so for me everyone is soulless, no matter the skin colour, gender or hair colour. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,434 posts
3 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Then again, Im am neither Chinese nor black, nor do I believe in the existence of God or something like souls so for me everyone is soulless, no matter the skin colour, gender or hair colour. :Smile_smile:

Neither am I.

It still remains a racist comment. And looking away, doing nothing, or even creating apologies for the one who wrote them, is not the way we should deal with it.

[EW_YK]
Players
439 posts
10,960 battles

Some of you guys really need a thicker skin like really. Did the bad word cause a bleed or did you get a broken arm if not than basically it means 0 all this [edited] [edited]racism that seems to be hyping around western europe and the west in general makes me sick. Have you ever heard of the term joke? And frankly all I see in there is a attempt to throw you off you're game. What you should have done was beat the living crap out of them and then go back and tell them they got there asses handed to them by those they want to insult problem solved. Words will only ever hurt if you let them so be the bigger man/woman,

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,132 battles

Jeah racism in any form is not cool and has no place in a game.

I have to admit though i had to grin on that South Park reference about certain soulless races because i renembered the particular episode. (It was the golden PSP one for anyone wondering)

Every sensible way to deal with it was said above though so this topic became kind of pointless.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,374 posts
12,045 battles

Granted not the most likeable things they wrote but aren't you exaggerating a bit by making this much of a fuss about that?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,729 posts
2,775 battles

No need to really discuss this at length, simply report it to customer support in a ticket.

And as many have pointed out, naming and shaming violates our forum rules, so please do not post screenshots with identifiable nicknames here.

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,808 posts
9,981 battles

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

Players
204 posts
183 battles

Thread closed. As mentioned before, you should contact Customer Support. There´s nothing that can be done about it here on the Forums.

12 hours ago, ShuggieHamster said:

would raise a ticket and send this into customer support. they are best placed to deal with it

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/tickets

Thank you.

• Cool 2