Sign in to follow this  
The_White_Baron

New WG Launcher update Has caused BIG problems!

6 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts

Well, it started when I tried updating my World of Warplanes and it changed it to the 'all in one' launcher. I didn't want this, I just wanted the updates!

After hours of updates I ended up with not only my World of Warplanes being on it but World of Warships and World of Tanks!

So basically I no longer can independently run World of Warships without it being on this new screen.

Ok so fine. I try running my World of Warplanes. Game won't even start! It crashes totally and throws me back to desktop.

I try world of warships and it goes to the same all in one screen and wants to update the game before it'll even run and will probably lead to the same crash?

Help!

EDIT. I can get WOWS running and  WOT. So I guess I have a WOWPs issue only.

Weekend Tester
5 posts
5,675 battles

I don't know if it's coïnsedence but I updated/upgraded to the (beta) launcher this weekend and suddenly WoWs battles take ages to load. The game is minutes underway. I can even see my teammates ships moving on the map in the loading screen. Switching ships in port takes a while loading signals (flags) on my ships takes a while. All in all everything is slower. Played some battles in WoT and WoWP and there seems to be no problem.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,829 posts
3,634 battles
1 minute ago, ThudXperiment said:

I don't know if it's coïnsedence but I updated/upgraded to the (beta) launcher this weekend and suddenly WoWs battles take ages to load. The game is minutes underway. I can even see my teammates ships moving on the map in the loading screen. Switching ships in port takes a while loading signals (flags) on my ships takes a while. All in all everything is slower. Played some battles in WoT and WoWP and there seems to be no problem.

Coincidence, me thinks. Haven't had any issues with the launcher, game runs like a truck here.

Weekend Tester
5 posts
5,675 battles

Don't get offended but what is the use of commenting when it works for you?

There are 2 people who think they have a problem and both experincing simular issues and are adressing it in this forum.

Maybe it's game/launcher related maybe not. Give a solution, an explenation or a suggestion. But those useless comments that it works for you doesn't really help.

On the contrary. I only litters up a thread which could be a collection simular issues people might have. (not talking about this thread particular) Something that could be usefull for the game developers to collect.

And you give "a truck" as example. Where I come from trucks are pretty slow.

Now back to the issue. WoWP battles seem to be loading much quicker to me but maybe it's a much smaller game to load. 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
61 posts

I've just built a new and was not given a choice, even though the launcher still says it's a beta.  It didn't like starting the install insisting ona fresh machine I had other games for it to find, then it started the download.  not sure what it's doing but it's hammering my network and disk but is slower than my old machine, data qunatity wise and that was failing fast, hence it wanted 8-12GB of downlaods to repair files.  Was still a lot quicker than this.

Sign in to follow this