Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Broken_Rudder

Won Tier 10 ships for clan battle

18 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
1,296 battles

Hi,

I just won 3 tier X for clan battles but i can use them in random battle and its says they wil be replace by other ships after 7 days.

Anybody know about this and what kind of ships you get for it in return?

Thanks already

[SM0KE]
Players
3,416 posts
8,839 battles

Am I reading this correctly: if a muppet like me is ill-advised enough to just play a single Tier VIII battle, then we get three T10s to mess about with in random battles (whilst they're obviously meant for Clan battles)?

That strikes me as a colossally bad idea - I'm a newbie still; at my skill level I shouldn't be anywhere near a T10...!

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Am I reading this correctly: if a muppet like me is ill-advised enough to just play a single Tier VIII battle, then we get three T10s to mess about with in random battles (whilst they're obviously meant for Clan battles)?

That strikes me as a colossally bad idea - I'm a newbie still; at my skill level I shouldn't be anywhere near a T10...!

No, you cant use those ships in random...

Reading the article helps.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,416 posts
8,839 battles
7 minutes ago, Juanx said:

No, you cant use those ships in random...

Reading the article helps.

I only glance read it; our OP said they could use them in randoms.

Great relief if that's not the case...!

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I only glance read it; our OP said they could use them in randoms.

Great relief if that's not the case...!

Nah, OP is wrong.

Not that the playerbase at TX is any better you know...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
659 posts
12,465 battles

It's annoying to have ships in your port you cannot use, the mission to unlock them should have only been available to players in clans. I wish I could just make them go away.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,132 battles
1 hour ago, ajb13 said:

It's annoying to have ships in your port you cannot use, the mission to unlock them should have only been available to players in clans. I wish I could just make them go away.

They also annoy those people that are in a clan.....

I wish i could get rid of them too as I had/have most of them anyways. (at least from the last batch of rentals)

They sit there and collect dust while looking less decorating than my Premiums sitting there and collecting dust......

It's really annoying to have the port clogged up by ships you don't want (anymore) but can't get rid of. (looking also at you halloweenships)

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles
1 hour ago, Kenliero said:

Not sure if using them in clan battles is any better?

They cant use camo so prolly a big fat NO?

[SM0KE]
Players
3,416 posts
8,839 battles

Isn't there a click box that hides things like Halloween ships? I haven't looked in WOWS, but there certainly is in tanks..?

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

7 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Isn't there a click box that hides things like Halloween ships? I haven't looked in WOWS, but there certainly is in tanks..?

In your port, bottom right just above your ship carousel there is a cog which gives you access to options what to hide in your port and in battle.

On the left you have filter options for tiers and ship classes.

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,559 battles
4 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I'm a newbie still; at my skill level I shouldn't be anywhere near a T10...!

if only all the others would have your self reflection

[SM0KE]
Players
3,416 posts
8,839 battles
5 minutes ago, lameoll said:

if only all the others would have your self reflection

As much as anything, it's a result of lessons learned in WOT (although I only got my first T10 there a couple of months back, after about three years of playing)...

I do think WG could make a better job of articulating that the point of the game is not necessarily to get to T10 as quickly as possible, in both WOT and WOWS - if you take the time to look around on the way up the tiers, you'll find yourself having a lot more fun...

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,363 posts
8,627 battles
2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I do think WG could make a better job of articulating that the point of the game is not necessarily to get to T10 as quickly as possible, in both WOT and WOWS - if you take the time to look around on the way up the tiers, you'll find yourself having a lot more fun...

I think part of the problem is how often you play a bottom tier ship and how many top tiers are around (sometimes it's painful).   The thing that players probably see is 'if I had a TX I'll always be top tier'.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,416 posts
8,839 battles
1 minute ago, BrusilovX said:

I think part of the problem is how often you play a bottom tier ship and how many top tiers are around (sometimes it's painful).   The thing that players probably see is 'if I had a TX I'll always be top tier'.

Very true.

Perhaps the thing to try and get across is that if, say, you spend your way to T10, you're going to get crucified because most other players will be better than you.

Mind you, since that would hurt WG's earnings, I believe the technical term from the statisticians is 'a fart has a greater chance of surviving a hurricane'...?

[SM0KE]
Players
3,416 posts
8,839 battles

To be fair to WG, though, they have produced a lot of good premiums in the mid tiers, so (maybe) reducing the tendency to buy ridiculously high tier premiums that you haven't the first idea what to do with.

I don't think WOWS has the equivalent of the Defender/252U, has it?

Sign in to follow this