Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vanhal

Unification of events on NA, EU and ASIA - It's happening!

63 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

You may noticed we have a november calendar, which is identical as the NA one. Quoting Lordofdroid from Reddit:

382.gif

Better late than never and i hope that will stands. I'm so happy now i almost* want to remove the look of disapproval from my signature. :fish_cute_2:

*Almost.

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
1,674 posts
10,232 battles

So now other servers will get harder and fewer missions like the EU server? :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 7

[TAITO]
Players
325 posts
4,917 battles

Wow that would have been made two years ago if they would have cared back then.

I dont forget so easily nor will many of us.

• Cool 3

Players
525 posts

Okay, it's novembre.

So why do I have the feeling, it will last for one month and on decembre, the christmas month, WG-EU will do again do their own Edited...

Edited by Asklepi0s
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,477 posts
7,928 battles
5 minutes ago, Alipheese_XVI said:

Okay, it's novembre.

So why do I have the feeling, it will last for one month and on decembre, the christmas month, WG-EU will do again do their own $hit...

If they've finally set up the logistics to synchronize the specials, events and missions, what's their motivation for going back to the old ways?

No point assuming the worst. We'll find out anyway if they continue or not.

4 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Cool.

Maybe we will get unification of shekels anytime soon aswell.

With how much gold they're throwing at you when playing WoWP, I seriously doubt that.

[-I-N-]
[-I-N-]
Players
693 posts
12,427 battles

Maybe it is connected to WoWs going to steam? Will they also unify the patchdays or can steam handle region specific patch distribution?

Players
525 posts
7 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

If they've finally set up the logistics to synchronize the specials, events and missions, what's their motivation for going back to the old ways?

As I assume this logistic for synchronization could had been there from the start and wasn't to hard to implement, I will stay doubtful.

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles
11 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

That is probably because the Steam release. And they had the logistic all the time, just they CHOOSE not to do it.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
Players
728 posts
8,267 battles
8 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

What do you mean? It's WG EU!

BTW: It's so clear that WoWS is going down that they : went to Steam, globalized things so started to care, which means only that they started losing players, and all those premium ships that are coming instead of regulars

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,477 posts
7,928 battles
3 minutes ago, Alipheese_XVI said:

As I assume this logistic for synchronization could had been there from the start and wasn't to hard to implement, I will stay doubtful.

The way they've done it goes back all the way to the launch of WoT. Who knows why WG decided to completely segregate community teams/sites/forums back then.

2 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

What do you mean? It's WG EU!

That still doesn't mean you gain anything from being a pessimist.

Being cautious when it comes to spending money and time is one thing. But this literally makes no difference if you think it will go well or not. So might as well not be a grumpy cynic when you can afford not to.

[BYOB]
Players
3,046 posts
10,980 battles
5 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

The way they've done it goes back all the way to the launch of WoT. Who knows why WG decided to completely segregate community teams/sites/forums back then.

If you don't know why, then it's probably because of money.

Segregated communities can be easily taken advantage of, by price gouging, denial of offers etc.

By keeping communities separated, a company can give better deals one place and mistreat customers elsewhere.

Of course this can lead to one of the communities dying, which if not compensated can spell doom to the product.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,477 posts
7,928 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

If you don't know why, then it's probably because of money.

Segregated communities can be easily taken advantage of, by price gouging, denial of offers etc.

By keeping communities separated, a company can give better deals one place and mistreat customers elsewhere.

You realize what you're saying makes no sense, right?

WG has a monopoly on their own product, they can charge whatever they want and have as little or as many events and specials as they like.

You don't purposefully mistreat customers. Through ignorance, sure.

My guess is that the management structure is like a way too long game of "telephone". Upper management wants [vague thing] -> Something happens in the other end and it's basically behind so many layers of people that it might as well be happening on the moon.

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles
9 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

But that is exactly what they did. Remember how many times they were informed on all possible levels that what they are doing is bad. It was no ignorance. No matter how they were trying to justify it, it was absolutely on purpose. They themselves admitted it many times that different treatment of different servers was purposeful. From there, simple comparing just screamed it was mistreatment (though they didn't admit THAT, it was absolutely obvious).

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,477 posts
7,928 battles
3 minutes ago, Vanhal said:

But that is exactly what they did. Remember how many times they were informed on all possible levels that what they are doing is bad. It was no ignorance. No matter how they were trying to justify it, it was absolutely on purpose. They themselves admitted it many times that different treatment of different servers was purposeful. From there, simple comparing just screamed it was mistreatment (though they didn't admit THAT, it was absolutely obvious).

Giving one of your dogs an extra scoop of food doesn't mean you are mistreating the other one.

You might wonder why the different treatment, but in no way can you claim mistreatment.

Don't get me wrong, I've been pushing for equal treatment all this time. But I don't think you know what mistreatment means, if you think that's what this has been.

[BYOB]
Players
3,046 posts
10,980 battles
25 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

You realize what you're saying makes no sense, right?

WG has a monopoly on their own product, they can charge whatever they want and have as little or as many events and specials as they like.

My guess is that the management structure is like a way too long game of "telephone". Upper management wants [vague thing] -> Something happens in the other end and it's basically behind so many layers of people that it might as well be happening on the moon.

Then let me explain.

WG has a the only warships game on the market, but there are many other entertainment options available. So they do not have a monopoly on entertainment.

They cannot charge an arm and a leg for their product, because then people will just switch to other games. And that's a huge limit.

But by dividing up their customer base they can charge a bit extra here, refuse to sell there, create artificial scarcity on one server, give some better offers to only one group.

This way they can gouge the prices while appearing to cater to distinct markets. And when people call them out, they can say "that's a regional limitation created as a response to a regional need".

4 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Giving one of your dogs an extra scoop of food doesn't mean you are mistreating the other one.

No, it's just called discrimination. And it's a really bad way of treating people or animals.

And it is a very valid reason not to pay for content. Which is bad for business.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles
21 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

You might wonder why the different treatment, but in no way can you claim mistreatment.

Don't get me wrong, I've been pushing for equal treatment all this time. But I don't think you know what mistreatment means, if you think that's what this has been.

Yes, as Aragathor above said, it is discrimination. Your dog might love you anyway, but why would you tread two twin dogs different? You love one of them more? Also, we are humans, not dogs. And baseless discrimination is mistreatment. I don't think you know what mistreatment means, if you think that was not it.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,477 posts
7,928 battles
14 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

This way they can gouge the prices while appearing to cater to distinct markets. And when people call them out, they can say "that's a regional limitation created as a response to a regional need".

Which is what basically every company does, except WG is really clumsy about it.

By separating everything about the regions they've made it super easy to spot inconsistencies and "unfairness".

3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

No, it's just called discrimination. And it's a really bad way of treating people or animals.

Except it's not discrimination if there is a reason which warrants the special treatment.

That's the crux of the situation. WG obviously has a reason for what they do. Whether it's actually a valid reason we'll probably never know.

Personally I would argue that the reason for regional segregation can't be so good that it outweighs the negatives of pissing of a large part of the playerbase which will be spending a lot of their time making their opinion clear on social media. Maybe WG is finally coming to this conclusion as well.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,302 posts
5,457 battles
22 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

How is it not, when you are willingly giving the other dog less for the same? Dog wont react because it cant think critically, try doing that to a human tho.

That is the very definition of discrimination, see if you can grasp that...

Sign in to follow this