You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dasCKD

Doomed to lose

59 comments in this topic

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,036 battles

doomed_to_lose.png

There are fights that are difficult, there are fights that are one sided, and there are fights that are doomed from the start. Ocean, domination, with a Khabarovsk as the only destroyer. No islands to leverage an advantage, no areas we could possibly defend. Just a loss waiting to happen. We were doomed to lose from second 1.

So do you have a circumstance like this? Where the matchmaker made it so that it was impossible for your team to win unless the enemy are literally AFK? Feel free to share.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,659 posts
10,873 battles

You had a CV who could spot the DD...

And it looks like the teams did not really fight. 

That looks a lot like team failure.

• Cool 4

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,404 posts
13,815 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You had a CV who could spot the DD

Considering the AA lineup that's an unrealistic prospect most of the time.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
14,659 posts
10,873 battles

Kageros AA is not very good.

And if she hides with cruisers, she is no threat.

And AA skilled Gearings are rare and it does not seem like she were.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,404 posts
13,815 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And if she hides with cruisers, she is no threat.

"Hiding with cruisers" here means being within ~9-10km of them, which grants DDs more than enough time to haul their aft towards the nearest cruiser while retaining reasonable effectiveness unless the enemy fleet is truly far away.

Also Gearing with only DFAA shreds T8 planes easily.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

Any battle where we have a USN strike CV.

Because being perma-spotted and not getting to see the enemy is so much fun.

• Cool 2

[BONE]
Players
240 posts
4,695 battles

It really depends how closely the DM and Balti is working with the DDs, if div A was using gearing smoke to push closer to caps, air spotting will be very difficult. 

Further compounding the issue is that their team's chapy is the only radar boat... and it was sunk without doing much. So this match is actually very difficult because

a) enemy dd have spotting advantage.

b) no  (suicidal) radars CLs to counter the DDs.

c) Air spotting is already difficult at TX which will only get more difficult if the Enterprise is paying attention

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

Drop DB pay load and fly around the rear of the enemy. 

If the enemy CV is stupid he'll send fighters after your DB and you can take him for a ride. Also potato team mates may try and shoot the CV for you if you spot him, this works especially well vs USN CVs as they're detected from low orbit.

People say CVs are powerful but a creeping advance in groups with AA Cruisers etc cannot be attacked or even spotted a lot of the time at high tiers. Try having a Mino that doesn't shoot his guns much covering his fleet from smoke or behind an island, good luck doing anything with a T8 CV. I play Shokaku and Enterprise currently so I feel the pain.

• Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,435 posts
11,419 battles
5 hours ago, dasCKD said:

/snip

There are fights that are difficult, there are fights that are one sided, and there are fights that are doomed from the start. Ocean, domination, with a Khabarovsk as the only destroyer. No islands to leverage an advantage, no areas we could possibly defend. Just a loss waiting to happen. We were doomed to lose from second 1.

So do you have a circumstance like this? Where the matchmaker made it so that it was impossible for your team to win unless the enemy are literally AFK? Feel free to share.

Spam F3 on the Des Moines, focus the DDs and kill all the Enterprise planes (and don't waste your own planes to the Enterprise). Focus enemies and not caps. I don't really see a problem with the lineup.

[OGHF]
Players
586 posts
11,070 battles

You think that's bad, I am grinding the IJN DD line, doing T4-T7 at the moment, played this game yesterday and we lost???

World of Warships Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 06.55.51.57.png

And here is the damage caused

World of Warships Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 06.56.14.09.png

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
806 posts
7,984 battles

Seems like weekend [edited] on both side of the team. Max range sniping. Running etc. Typical game.

[OM]
3,435 posts
11,419 battles
10 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

And here is the damage caused

World of Warships Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 06.56.14.09.png

Only one cap and less than 4k spotting damage and you ask why you lost? :Smile_ohmy:

You should realize that damage is not everything, especially in a DD.

Alpha Tester, Players
5,134 posts
6 hours ago, dasCKD said:

doomed_to_lose.png

time to play other class too ? ^^

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,362 battles

IF IF IF IF IF IF .... all I see are lots of IFs.

@dasCKD is absolutely right. This kind of MM is BROKEN.

Domination mode with 1 DD on your side, while enemy team has 2 is BROKEN. Specially if you have RU DD while enemy team has IJN + USN DD.

Same goes for the radars.

Get yourself down from the clouds and stop being so full of yourself people.

In this topic you are trying to be smart and leet, but if this happened to you I would be reading your topic complaining about it.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
617 posts
11,546 battles
6 hours ago, dasCKD said:

Sure we have. Behold, a domination match where the enemy has a Benson and Yugumo, and we have .. a Tashkent. Also, @absolute_justice made our CV look like a toddler with a mouse and keyboard. We were food :Smile_hiding:

X6wWNti.jpg

• Cool 1

[OM]
3,435 posts
11,419 battles
54 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

IF IF IF IF IF IF .... all I see are lots of IFs.

Domination mode with 1 DD on your side, while enemy team has 2 is BROKEN. Specially if you have RU DD while enemy team has IJN + USN DD.

Same goes for the radars.

Nope.

Wargaming has the stats and they said the number of DDs does not have influence on the outcome of the match.

54 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Get yourself down from the clouds and stop being so full of yourself people.

In this topic you are trying to be smart and leet, but if this happened to you I would be reading your topic complaining about it.

Well, let's see:

Spoiler

This one for example:

60a17afa0f.png1 DD vs 2, still won.

This one is even better:

38fd0167d8.png0 DDs vs 1, still won.

Or this one:

fdb1bed513.pngWith 1.5 DDs vs 3.

And about russian DDs vs others, this one is my favourite:

42cc7a71d1.png2 Chaba vs 2 Shima, lost only one ship :cap_haloween:

Some more with DD "disadvantage":

192e0e9b28.png0 vs 1

321a2a5477.png1 vs 2

962eb7aa4e.png1 vs 2

Spoiler

Sorry for not being top player in the last one :Smile_trollface:

Nope, no complains here.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles

Anyone else find the " -20% recent win rate " intriguing?

:cap_hmm:

[CATS]
Players
14,659 posts
10,873 battles
7 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

"Hiding with cruisers" here means being within ~9-10km of them, which grants DDs more than enough time to haul their aft towards the nearest cruiser while retaining reasonable effectiveness unless the enemy fleet is truly far away.

Also Gearing with only DFAA shreds T8 planes easily.

Then you can spot them without danger.

You need to get close to 3km of the DD with your planes. Add the 9-10km to the next cruiser, that is 12-13km distance between planes and cruiser. No AA reaches that far.

Apart from the fact that the planes spot all torps and your team can push without much fear from them.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,036 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Then you can spot them without danger.

You need to get close to 3km of the DD with your planes. Add the 9-10km to the next cruiser, that is 12-13km distance between planes and cruiser. No AA reaches that far.

Apart from the fact that the planes spot all torps and your team can push without much fear from them.

How about we assume that the enemy carrier isn't so stupid that he would let me hover my fighters over his allies for the entire team without interfering?

[OGHF]
Players
586 posts
11,070 battles
4 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Only one cap and less than 4k spotting damage and you ask why you lost? :Smile_ohmy:

You should realize that damage is not everything, especially in a DD.

Agreed it looks bad, but not a picture of the facts, I was going to B, but got asked to go support at A as our other DD was AFK:Smile_sad:, so I get there as our 3 x BB & 2 x CA got there, so nt much spotting available, as there was 4 x BB, 1 x CA & 1 DD of the other side there our guys retreatead rapidly, there CA & DD  both damaged retreated back to B, so I took out the 3 x BB's that where sat in A and then capped A, turned back to find that only 4 ships of ourside left and rest of enemy coming from B towards A, finished off the BB that was close to A but got spotted by the French CA and unortunatly that was mee done, our last 3 ships left died v quickly :Smile_sad:

[OM]
3,435 posts
11,419 battles
11 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

How about we assume that the enemy carrier isn't so stupid that he would let me hover my fighters over his allies for the entire team without interfering?

Shoot his planes down and then continue to spot :cap_like:

[OGHF]
Players
586 posts
11,070 battles
12 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

To be fair a Good CV Captain will always pick out opposition DD and do his best to keep them spotteds once spotted the CA's will muller them, I hate it when In a DD. I am constantly hounded by enemy CV, it totally changes the way you can play and basicly stops DD's being proactive.

Players
3,591 posts
7,312 battles
4 hours ago, nambr9 said:

And with DD numbers low and in decline you're only going to see more of this kind of MM.

3 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Nope.

Wargaming has the stats and they said the number of DDs does not have influence on the outcome of the match.

Linky?

IIRC it's a bit more complicated than that and depends upon the total number of DD in the game:

4 v 3 - firepower advantage outweighs capping advantage so advantage to smaller number

3 v 2 - probably fairly even overall, depends upon map & game mode.

2 v 1 or 1 v 0 - substantial advantage to the team with more DD.

• Cool 2