Sign in to follow this  
winter_akitaki

You just lost a player/customer

15 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
25 battles

So, after pausing WoWs' download today morning, I was greeted with a "resuming installation please wait". I was like, fine, I'll just go to work and by the time I'm back download would have ended and I could finally play. After reading guides 'n crap and getting all hyped up to play what I'd call a unique game.

To my surprise, 6 hours later, I find out nothing has changed. The launcher still says "resuming installation please wait" and my ssd's usage was at 0%, meaning no installation was in progress.

I remain positive and google the issue. No answers. I also digged a thread where people complained about the current launcher being in beta or whatsoever and having tons of issues, with the company behind WoWs remaining silent, not providing neither solution NOR apology for [edited]up. Only people helping each other by giving tutorials on how to revert back to the 'old launcher'.
Well well well... I have no intention on following tedious steps to workaround a company's *Edited to be able to play a damn game. No! [edited]it!

I was ABOUT TO START the game when this [edited] discouraged me so I'm turning back and leaving a message and pray it reaches someone working at wargaming: You -and I'm speaking about the company, not you in particular- *Edited big time. Good job!! Next time, try hiring COMPETENT people, not GAMBLERS! This beta crap client is *Edited. Admit your damn mistake and GET RID OF IT! We DON'T WANT IT, we DON'T NEED IT! But it's too late now, you just lost a player AND a customer, so peace out! Maybe I'll try downloading the game when it comes to steam, in two damn weeks - MAYBE. 

I took 5 damn minutes of my damn time to upload the images of the result of your [edited]up. I hope it was worth it.

Goodbye

Image 1

Image 2

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Isn't the launcher experimental still?

As in you don't actually need to use it to start the game, could have just used the normal way to launch. 

Should have checked the installer was actually downloading before going to work.

Don't think this one is WG's fault...

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
3 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Isn't the launcher experimental still?

As in you don't actually need to use it to start the game, could have just used the normal way to launch. 

Should have checked the installer was actually downloading before going to work.

Don't think this one is WG's fault...

The downloading is a bit... Wonky. It needs to be brought to the forefront every so often or it freezes for me. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over though.

And yeah, here, if you manage to download and you're having problems with the launcher go to your WoWS folder and double click the WoWS application.

WoWS.png

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
Just now, Caughtintherain said:

The downloading is a bit... Wonky. It needs to be brought to the forefront every so often or it freezes for me. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over though.

That's just the internet yeah, sometimes things have to be given a stop/start reminder to actually work. Really isn't WG's fault that OP's cup & string internet didn't start the download.

Players
6 posts
25 battles

The launcher uses P2P downloads which adds to the wonkiness. Also, my internet isn't "cup & string" contrary to popular belief here from people with prosecution complex. The download was going fine at full speed until, I paused it. Which was at 47%. Should've screened that as well but ... oh,wait, flash news: I don't predict future.

Players
6 posts
25 battles

Well yeah, duh! It was obvious since my first post, wasn't it?

Companies usually do this, no one asks for a thing and they implement it anyway, wreaking havoc. If it were up to me, I'd fire the "medium" who predicted this forced beta client on everyone was a good idea..and the moron who agreed to it.

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
Just now, winter_akitaki said:

Well yeah, duh! It was obvious since my first post, wasn't it?

Companies usually do this, no one asks for a thing and they implement it anyway, wreaking havoc. If it were up to me, I'd fire the "medium" who predicted this forced beta client on everyone was a good idea..and the moron who agreed to it.

Are you sure you won't reconsider quitting forever? You'll fit right in here on the forums, especially in game. You're gonna love tier 2. It's when DDs get unlocked.

Players
6 posts
25 battles

Thank you, I guess. Man, I don't know anymore. The game seems fun but that launcher just killed it for me. I will maybe wait until the steam release of the game, unless someone has a fix for the never ending updating prompt?

[NED]
Players
4,374 posts
12,045 battles

I'd advice you to dl the regular client. Yes, it'll take a while but working fine for me.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
9 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

I'd advice you to dl the regular client. Yes, it'll take a while but working fine for me.

There is no more regular client to download, at least not from WG and a cursory Google search didn't find the usual internet installer so I have to assume WG terminated the distribution of the non-Game Center launcher/installer entirely.

TO might try his luck opening a ticket with support asking specifically for a non-Game Center installer/client ('m sure they still have the .exe lying around somewhere unless they systematically deleted everything), citing experiencing issues with the Game Center (which is still in beta, ergo it's not an outlandish thing to ask or at least that's the normal thought process ... who knows with WG). I'd suspect support trying to sell the Game Center though, so TO should be unmistakingly specific about not wanting to try the Game Center.

I might actually do the same just so I have the regular client installer lying around if I wish/need to reinstall the game again without the Game Center beta ...

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,506 posts
6,831 battles

They didn't lose anyone. You were never their customer nor their player with your 0 battles played, they just didn't gain a new one