Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
General_Hawka

Low Victory rate? Here's a reason

140 comments in this topic

Players
31 posts
1,793 battles

You may think I'm lemming or b***ing around

But I'm telling the truth.

When the team is about to lose I rant about their faulty

Then one of them comes to private chat ranting about my victory rate "Which is 46%"

But here is the reason.

Most of victory rate depends on your team more than your effort.

It's difficult to do a great winning on your own.

===

Here's an example freshly made today.

6 games on row and I lost very important signals for nothing

And I don't understand why they always send me to losing teams...

And in the end they measure professionalism of the game by Victory rate.

Yes I have low damage rate and low accuracy rate, but If I was sent to better teams, I would do better.

===

This post if for discussion and please, I don't need any kind of sarcasm made on me because I'm almost fed up with the game.

shot-17.10.31_22.15.49-0655.jpg

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles

Bear in mind, the only constant on every team is you...

You stats on BBs, your "main" are pretty bad, maybe check your playstyle?

• Cool 2

Players
3,320 posts
5,769 battles
3 minutes ago, General_Hawka said:

Yes I have low damage rate and low accuracy rate, but If I was sent to better teams, I would do better.

Oh I disagree. Refering to cruisers - as you posted on your pic: my best rounds looking at my damage, I actually lost. First, you gotta do your part, before the team comes into play. Which means: deal above avg dmg, kill more then you die yourself. etc. Having a WR below 50% also indicated, that you are one of the factors you lose more then you win. simple math & statistics.

• Cool 6

[BYOB]
Players
3,065 posts
11,010 battles

The formatting...

I disagree, it is possible to nudge the team into winning or at least prevent the enemy from achieving superiority. Depending on your class you can cause havoc among your preferred target types.

If you sit in a DD you can make the enemy lose a DD in cap and abandon a push. A cruiser can do the same or engage enemy cruisers forcing them to back away. A BB can prevent enemy cruisers from attacking DDs or even force enemy BBs to turn away. A CV can force the enemy team to clump together out of fear.

If you can recognize what the enemy is doing and counter that then you can win.

• Cool 2

Players
31 posts
1,793 battles

And also, I have bigger problem with cruisers.

It only requires 1 ship to detect me and all enemy turrets focus on me, even among my team mates. Truthfully it makes me furious. Why always me? Can't they see my team mates?

Players
3,590 posts
7,308 battles
5 minutes ago, General_Hawka said:

Most of victory rate depends on your team more than your effort.

Partly true, you're playing for maybe 10% either side of the 50% that random chance gives you, if you're very good you can get your (solo) WR up to 60%, maybe up to about 67% if you're truely exceptional.

However:

10 minutes ago, General_Hawka said:

my victory rate "Which is 46%"

is really bad, especially when you consider that it's only being kept that high by your 400 odd games in the Scharhorst.

The first step to gettting better is admitting to yourself that you have a problem, stop blaming others and learn to play the game.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles
1 minute ago, General_Hawka said:

It only requires 1 ship to detect me and all enemy turrets focus on me, even among my team mates. Truthfully it makes me furious. Why always me? Can't they see my team mates?

You are probably overextending, again, check your playstyle.

Players
122 posts
3,683 battles

Not if you're the first detected, and then people tend to stick with the same target until they lose it.

[NWP]
Players
3,525 posts
5,864 battles

Want some constructive advice? Go play lower tiers, learn the game more, it feels to me that u are just rushing asap through every ship. 55 Battles from T9 to T10? Its very low. Took me 120+ battles with Roon to get to Hindenburg, naturally u learn more the more u play with a certain ship. Or another example u have 13 battles with colorado, bad ratings and u still proceed to NC, where u do even LESS damage than with the Colorado.

Problems with damage i see f.e.:

U have 16k average damage on T3 but only manage to double it till T9 (31k)

If i look at my own stats, i do the same damage on T3 than u do on T9. But i manage to increase that by a factor of 2,7 till T9, so dont u think its logical for me to have a higher WR than u?

Seeing that u also have a low survivabilty it tells me, that u are one of the first to die thus u cant make any damage and help your team. U are putting them at a disadvatage early on.(also indicated by the high Torpedo hitratio on your Scharnhorst)

3 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

Not if you're the first detected, and then people tend to stick with the same target until they lose it.

That can ofc also be used to help your team if u can manage the heat. Bad players cant do that and sometimes i wonder about a BB dieing within 2 mins...

• Cool 4

[TU]
Players
168 posts
4,828 battles

Is it easier to make victories with low tiers?

Yes.

Players
122 posts
3,683 battles

Harder, the players behind the screen only unlock the "read chat" ability at tier 5.

The way you seem to play you'll do ok with a 19 point captain at tier 4.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
529 posts

Do as I did, forget about your winratio. Focus on what u can do to try to get a win.

That means, no yoloing(Doesn`t mean camp). Use your minimap and try to react to threats

Shooting stuff doesn`t mean just shoot. Sometimes holding your fire to see what`s what is the right choice.

And the longer u survive the more impact u have for your team(again, it doesn`t mean camping).

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles
7 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

not one of these again...

Why not, its always fun to see someone failing after spending a nice wad of cash. WoWs is not a pay to win game, the OP is the most glaring example.

Players
122 posts
3,683 battles
1 minute ago, juanxmar said:

Why not, its always fun to see someone failing after spending a nice wad of cash. WoWs is not a pay to win game, the OP is the most glaring example.

It's pay to lose, again using the OP as an example. If you buy massive bonus XP in the form of premium and signals then you'll end up reaching higher tiers and getting destroyed by people who took twice as long to get there and consequently got better along the way. Your ability to learn is now reduced as you're massively outstripped by the opposition.

That said I'd rather see WoWS supported by people like the OP than the token premium-BB only player. I just wanna see BBs nerfed man, just a little bit. ;_;

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles

Actually I can see where he's coming from you would expect a carry now and again I advise anyone to flip a coin and see if you can get six heads or tails in a row and to be fair 6-7 game losing streaks are not that rare , There are certain things you can do to improve , Watch Vids from experienced players , Team up with good players to help you learn , Join a clan , Play influential ships like DDs CVs.

Playing Solo is a lottery it is possible to go on bad losing streaks no matter how good you play as long as you understand that you will enjoy the game more.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,520 battles

There is only so much you can do though in a single match....

Dumb teams..... you are never really save of it...

shot-17.10.31_22.07.44-0733.jpg

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles
Just now, Caughtintherain said:

It's pay to lose, again using the OP as an example. If you buy massive bonus XP in the form of premium and signals then you'll end up reaching higher tiers and getting destroyed by people who took twice as long to get there and consequently got better along the way. Your ability to learn is now reduced as you're massively outstripped by the opposition.

That said I'd rather see WoWS supported by people like the OP than the token premium-BB only player. I just wanna see BBs nerfed man, just a little bit. ;_;

Took me about 2k games to get a premium ship, then I started caring and stats improved, by the time I started collecting them I already had a decent handle on the game.

OP thought a shortcut would work, OP was wrong.

[L4GG]
Players
1,531 posts
6,220 battles

Possibly 14 minutes. (sunk?)

Atago, onwards.

6 minutes (sunk?)

19 minutes (survived?)

11 minutes (survived?)

18 minutes. (survived?)

And a bb main... ok.

24 minutes ago, General_Hawka said:

Yes I have low damage rate and low accuracy rate

well, first of all, the guns are very different. and the lead you give to the target are also different, you have to give different leads when it's  a dd, a cruiser or a bb. then you have to take in account the direction of the target and the speed.

here, watch this. (the basics)

etc, etc, see as many as you like and need,  with practice you should get better.

Now if you are a bb main, How often do you play bbs when compared with other classes?

50%?

If I got it right in the beginning.

Don't go so aggressive, you have to have some skills before you act this way, because the others do have skills. One thing it's what flamu do, the other it's what you can do. So, don't try to play like that.

(I don't forget that what you see from these guys are the best of, kinda)

but don't be or stay in the back after you got your nose to bleed, spit out the blood and go for them the best you can (after you get the hang of it at some level).

Have you tried other cruiser lines?

have you got other cruisers lines?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,177 posts
9,490 battles
33 minutes ago, General_Hawka said:

Maybe, but it's definately a lot easier to actually learn the game there before buying premiums you have no capability to use.

• Cool 1

Players
299 posts
7,640 battles

Just saying I'm having a loss streak atm with the Giulio Cesare was at 53% win ratio and in 2 days while being mostly satisfied with the ship and my play it has dropped to 33% because of a 11 loss streak!

It doesn't mean squat if you hold back solo 4 ship if the rest of your team just dies despite the numerical advantage, it is the reason that being in a division improves your win rate... you can guarantee the quality of at least 1 or 2 of your team, making it easier to carry rather than being the sole player supporting the entire team.

Sign in to follow this