You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

What to do with a small loan of a million dollars?

30 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,096 battles

Hello thar!

A hypothetical question (asking for a friend):

What would you do with 70 000 Schmekels?

92ba54b5175333053e5c4c4c491b8221.jpg

(what premium ships would you recommend, would you convert some and get Missouri, go on and tell me).

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,096 battles
12 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Emden or Diana and play only Coop too.

TS71nJ7H2ONFLq6mWMRyvGr-XiJ_tiST6x80dLed

Players
1,071 posts
8,206 battles

On a serious note, I would not buy any ship at all right now. It's not long to christmas and if WG put santa crates into the shop like last year, you can get a ton of crates for the money a premium ship would cost, but you have the chance to get multiple premium ships and other goodies. Other than that, how are we supposed to answer your question? We do not know your friends ship preference, what tier he plays and so on.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles

BUY THEM ALL!!!!!

To be serious for non collectors ( I am a collector and want everything more or less)

Non-CV players:

USN:

Arizona and Alabama

Atlanta (challenging, Different)

Missouri for credits

Sims

IJN

Get Shinomone through campaign

Atago

Ishizuchi

RU:

Leningrad

(kutuzov you cant buy anymore sadly)

Murmansk

Ochotnik (for torp spam fun)

RN:

Warspite

Gallant

PL:

Blyskawica

PA:

Anshan

CW:

Perth

IT:
Giulio Cesare

FR:

DeGrasse

My goal was to spread out in the various trees.

I have the Cvs Saipan and Kaga but I have not played Saipan more than once in Coop and Kaga 0 times have them in port until I am ready. As they are a bit OP in right hands I bought them after summersales gold just in case.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,200 posts
11,706 battles

Very good point from Smurf. Also good chance there will be nice discounts around Christmas. So better hold on to the stash just yet.

Regarding your question. I'd advice against converting free XP from doubloons. I understand WG needs income sources but I think the exchange rate is outragious. 25:1? That means if you want to converge 100K free xp it'll cost you 15 euro's. You can buy Murmansk for that with spare. When you/ he commits to farming free xp with appropriate flags and cammo's Missouri can be grinded in roughly 2 months (assuming you play frequently) and Nelson in half of that time (duh). AFAIK these ships won't disappear so there's no rush there.

Premium ships? That's very depending on his taste and lvl progression. I hope I don't need to elaborate jumping into too high tier premiums is a very bad idea. From my POV: low/ mid tier. I'd say Mumansk/ Texas. no viable low tier DD for sale now. Tachibana is IMO a fun ship which can be won occasionally like I did. Same goes for Emden. Mid/ High tier: Leningrad (Lo Yang is very comparable with Benson. Only Hydro is it's selling point), Atago/ Tirpitz.

Also I'd advice to keep some in stash. I find it very useful to instantly retrain captains on the grind. Also to occasionally respec captains. Sometimes I find out a certain build isn't working for me anymore. And if he (she?)'s a shipcollector add some portslots for the doubloons: note they are on sale quite regularly.

Parallel on topic: I loved reading Donald Duck in my childhood (actually I still do) and Uncle Scrooge! What I always have been wondering: why didn't he put his money on the bank in order to gain interest on it? Keeping it in a safehouse would mean the word for which you'll have to wash your mouth with soap (loss) wouldn't it??

• Cool 2

Players
2,371 posts
6,683 battles
6 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

When you/ he commits to farming free xp with appropriate flags and cammo's Missouri can be grinded in roughly 2 months (assuming you play frequently) and Nelson in half of that time (duh). AFAIK these ships won't disappear so there's no rush there.

How can you do that so quickly? And how to get those flags?

[NED]
Players
4,200 posts
11,706 battles
5 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I won the Tirpitz free XP bonus cammo. Together with other cammo's ingame from missions. Together with the regular free XP and celebration dragonflags and the free XP's in the containers (had 1 50k super, so that helped a lot) not using free XP for upgrades and playing frequently I got it quite quickly. Also strapped the relevant flags/ cammo's on 100 or 200% daily bonus ships. And: the higher the tier you play, the quicker it's going. With all these things combined and of course some luck with an epic win 8 to 10k free XP for a match is doable.

Don't honestly remember if it was exactly 2 months. But it was roughly around that.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,077 posts
9,136 battles
55 minutes ago, Blixies said:

What to do with a small loan of a million dollars?

Run for president.

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles
7 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

The Dragon flags are rare, but can be obtained with missions, events and they were once in the shop for an ultra high price.

The also dropped with Campaign containers, i.e. the Bismarck collection, Dunkirk, Yamamoto and the 2 Years of WoWS celebration packs from the store.

It should be noted however, that the last two collections had their number reduced compared to the first two collections.

In any case, whenever these are somehow available, i'll be rushin' as you can't have enough of these!

Games with flags and camo can yield between 10k and 16k Free XP, not to mention the captain xp.

[ORCA]
Beta Tester
179 posts
5,715 battles
9 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Run for president.

It's not enought I think :Smile_coin:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,654 posts
9,504 battles
16 hours ago, Golthor said:

It's not enought I think :Smile_coin:

Its "a start" on a disastrous road as factually proven:

• Cool 1

[ORCA]
Beta Tester
179 posts
5,715 battles
16 hours ago, havaduck said:

Its "a start" on a disastrous road as factually proven:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
21 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

My record is 20 578 free xp in a game, so you can easily get your Missouri in less than 40 games :Smile-_tongue:

[SCRUB]
Players
1,987 posts
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

(...)

(what premium ships would you recommend, would you convert some and get Missouri, go on and tell me).

Grab yourself a beer and spend one evening watching reviews of the ships that catch your attention. Then pick those you find most promising to have fun with. No one is going to tell you what you might like - only you can answer that question.

22 minutes ago, Migulaitor said:

My record is 20 578 free xp in a game, so you can easily get your Missouri in less than 40 games :Smile-_tongue:

But, but... What if he doesn't have all the flags needed for that stunt?

Players
1,071 posts
8,206 battles
22 minutes ago, Migulaitor said:

With the emphasis on easily, right? :Smile-_tongue:

[CATS]
Players
14,735 posts
10,882 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Hello thar!

A hypothetical question (asking for a friend):

What would you do with 70 000 Schmekels?

92ba54b5175333053e5c4c4c491b8221.jpg

Depends on what you can afford to pay back.

Loans that overextend your financial capabilties are bad.

[HOME]
Players
1,682 posts
9,146 battles

That damn idiot of a @Gnirf forgot to mention the yubari, one of the most fun ships in game.

For some reason he also didn't mention the German line, of which I'd recommend the scharnhorst wholeheartedly, although these days tier 7 isn't automatically top tier anymore.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
15 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

But, but... What if he doesn't have all the flags needed for that stunt?

Then he will need to grind like a peasant.

15 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

With the emphasis on easily, right? :Smile-_tongue:

Of course, 3.2k basic xp is average, the hard part is the +200% xp weekend.

To OP:

I would take 1 year premium during a discount, with around 50k doubloons left... maybe a couple of tier X camos if you like playing high tier games or CWs, they print credits like crazy and once you have a 19 points captain be ready to have 10 more in no time. 40k left...

I wouldn't free xp lines, I dont think skipping the learning progress is a good idea.

22 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Grab yourself a beer and spend one evening watching reviews of the ships that catch your attention. Then pick those you find most promising to have fun with. No one is going to tell you what you might like - only you can answer that question.

I consider 1 beer too little but its not a bad idea.

And check out Atlanta, its amazing.:cap_rambo:

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,096 battles

Some great advice! I will wait for some discounts before spending any doubloons then.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,987 posts
1 hour ago, Migulaitor said:

I consider 1 beer too little but its not a bad idea.

I have never said you are limited to small... vessel.

Get yourself treated with the size that fits you best. Royale I presume? :Smile_trollface:

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles
2 hours ago, PzychoPanzer said:

That damn idiot of a @Gnirf forgot to mention the yubari, one of the most fun ships in game.

For some reason he also didn't mention the German line, of which I'd recommend the scharnhorst wholeheartedly, although these days tier 7 isn't automatically top tier anymore.

I forgot those GErmans and I did not know that Yubari was purchaseble at the moment, that is why Belfast etc was not mentioned or Kamikaze

[TOAST]
Players
1,996 posts
25,653 battles
9 hours ago, Blixies said:

would you convert some and get Missouri, go on and tell me).

Spend it on a brain upgrade, because you asked this question when you already know the answer.

• Cool 1

[HAIFU]
Players
646 posts
2,130 battles
3 hours ago, iJoby said:

Spend it on a brain upgrade, because you asked this question when you already know the answer.

Seriously? He was asking nicely and doesnt harm anyone. Can you not being an arse? Geez... relax.:fish_palm:

Players
2,371 posts
6,683 battles
11 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

The Dragon flags are rare, but can be obtained with missions, events and they were once in the shop for an ultra high price.

The also dropped with Campaign containers, i.e. the Bismarck collection, Dunkirk, Yamamoto and the 2 Years of WoWS celebration packs from the store.

It should be noted however, that the last two collections had their number reduced compared to the first two collections.

In any case, whenever these are somehow available, i'll be rushin' as you can't have enough of these!

Games with flags and camo can yield between 10k and 16k Free XP, not to mention the captain xp.

I got 5k something at the very most, but thanks for your suggestions :)