You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hgbn_dk

Next free XP boat, any ideas?

89 comments in this topic

[DC_DK]
Players
2,707 posts
27,825 battles

Which ship is going to be the next free XP contender and when, any ideas?

Currently there is some Premiums in the works, wondering if one of them is going to be the next free XP ship.

Musashi at T-IX or will this replace the Izumo?

USS Kid at T-VIII would be a logical ship to use when the Pan Asian DD line is going to be launched, to remove the free XP pool from DD players.

Huanghe at T-VI

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
45 minutes ago, robihr said:

from what i know it will be musashi on t9.

Another free xp battleship, that's very interesting, WG... :cap_old:

• Cool 4

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Just not a BB please.

Missouri was enough and thankyou for it, even if it's marginally game breaking as its arguably the best "top" tier BB in game now other than Conq. 

• Cool 12

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

FYI from Q&A Section:

On 27.10.2017 at 1:13 PM, SeeteufeI said:

Will there ever be a Free-Exp-Non-BB?

I am sitting on top of almost one million free experience at the moment.

Will there ever be a way to spend them for a cruiser/destroyer-main like me?

21 hours ago, Tuccy said:

To this I can reply only with a loud and clear "Maybe, at some point in the future" ;)

Sorry, but cannot really give a definitive answer right now, though ideally of course we would like  to make more ships accessible - we will see what the future brings though. 

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts

Well we have Missouri and Nelson so USN and RN should be out of the picture, IJN or Soviet.

I just wish they wouldn't make the next a BB as there are so many of the damn things strangling the gameplay. CV would be a dreadful idea as there are already so many poor matches dictated by a bad CV player vs good this would make it worse.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,402 battles
4 hours ago, robihr said:

from what i know it will be musashi on t9.

and where was Musashi confirmed as free xp ship? In forums by people crying "omg t9 Yamato?!" or actually by someone who has any idea what they are talking about?

Still haven't seen Musashi being confirmed as a free xp BB, and it makes more sense for her to be the next ranked season reward for 7x rank 1s. (3x = Flint, 5x = Black, 7x = ?)

[H_FAN]
Players
2,248 posts
31,293 battles

I would love to have some other ships cruisers and destroyers even at lower tiers for freeXP. Could be quirky boats which may be underperforming somewhat but odd and free like Katori, Smith Albany etc, ships that maybe are difficult to set a correct tier for.

Or other predreadnoughts at T2. 

With 700 K FreeXP I am soon ready if Musashi turns up I hope but I can not say that I am too enthusiastic.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

and where was Musashi confirmed as free xp ship? In forums by people crying "omg t9 Yamato?!" or actually by someone who has any idea what they are talking about?

Still haven't seen Musashi being confirmed as a free xp BB, and it makes more sense for her to be the next ranked season reward for 7x rank 1s. (3x = Flint, 5x = Black, 7x = ?)

well there was some musashi thread on this forum. IIRC it is speculated it will be free xp ship. nothing official.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,402 battles
50 minutes ago, robihr said:

well there was some musashi thread on this forum. IIRC it is speculated it will be free xp ship. nothing official.

Spoiler

Exactly, people ASSUME it will be for free xp, there is nothing actually said that it will.

[GW_KR]
Players
201 posts
17,170 battles

We're probably getting one Free XP ship per year.

And this year we got Nelson.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
7 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Exactly, people ASSUME it will be for free xp, there is nothing actually said that it will.

well it is t9 ship so it will be free xp or reward ship. it will not be reward for clan battles (stalingrad) and while it may be reward for ranked i think it is improbable. CB will last till end of the year so earliest you could earn musashi would be february or march and musashi is literally cash cow for WG. so most probable option is that it will be free xp.

10 minutes ago, nooberg said:

We're probably getting one Free XP ship per year.

And this year we got Nelson.

christmas is coming, people need to spend lots of money... nelson was too cheap. and this year is ending soon :Smile-_tongue:

[DC_DK]
Players
2,707 posts
27,825 battles

I think it will occur more frequent To get rid of free xp pools when the launch a new line...

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
196 posts
6,912 battles

Could the Musashi replace the weird tier 9 Izumo that we have now? That would make for a logical playstyle progression.

Beta Tester
2,440 posts
6,679 battles
2 minutes ago, hjsteg said:

Could the Musashi replace the weird tier 9 Izumo that we have now? That would make for a logical playstyle progression.

I don't think that would happen, who would buy the Izumo then if it was a FXP ship? 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles

A couple come to mind, mostly because they'd be a bit quirky to try and get into the game other than premium ships.

Alaska-class, most probably categorized ingame as battleship. Possibly fits best at tier VIII. Or perhaps a real cheeky tier X cruiser.

Ooyodo in 1945 AA cruiser configuration. Should fit nicely at tier VI with a couple softstat tweaks to the guns, detectability and manouverabilty.

HMS Argonaut, Dido-class. Think Atlanta, but with tea, crumpets and at probably tier VI.

Beta Tester
2,440 posts
6,679 battles

Wouldn Alaska together with Ishikari make a good fit as T10 Heavy cruisers? 

Classing them as BB's would be a waste of two ships no? :Smile_Default:

[WCWVE]
Players
908 posts
14,692 battles

Royal Navy Dido class and U S San Diego class - both designed purely as AA cruisers 

San Diego class is slightly larger by 450 long tons and 29 feet longer, Dido class is a little beamier 

US opted for the tried and tested 5" gun for theirs whereas the British went for the equally potent but slightly heavier 5.25" gun

After rework due to stability problems the US had 6 twin turrets 

5" 38 calibre specifications 

Date Of Design about 1932
Date In Service 1934
Gun Weight 3,990 lbs. (1,810 kg) without breech
Gun Length oa 223.8 in (5.683 m)
Bore Length 190 in (4.826 m)
Rifling Length 157.2 in (3.994 m)
Grooves 45
Lands N/A
Twist Uniform RH 1 in 30
Chamber Volume 654 in3 (10.72 dm3)
Rate Of Fire Pedestal and other mounts lacking integral hoists: 12 - 15 rounds per minute

Base ring mounts with integral hoists: 15 - 22 rounds per minute

Shell 53 to 55 lb (24 to 25 kg)

Single broadside for early San Diego's - 350kg

5.25" specifications 

Date Of Design 1935
Date In Service 1940
Gun Weight 
(see Note 4)
9,616 lbs. (4,362 kg)
Gun Length oa 275.5 in (6.998 m)
Bore Length 262.5 in (6.668 m)
Rifling Length 228.5 in (5.803 m)
Grooves (36) 0.0465 in deep x 0.3053 (1.18 x 7.755 mm)
Lands 0.1528 in (3.881 mm)
Twist Uniform RH 1 in 30
Chamber Volume 894 in3 (14.65 dm3)
Rate Of Fire 
(see Notes 1 and 2)
All except Vanguard: 7 - 8 rounds per minute

Vanguard: 9 rounds per minute

Shell Separate QF, 80 pounds (36.29 kg) SAP or HE

Single broadside for Dido's 362.9 kg 

Beta Tester
2,440 posts
6,679 battles

How about something like this as a FXP ship, a IJN AA Cruiser (its not the original Ishikari)

It is quirki and uneque. 

Soo why not? 

Presenting the IJN Atlanta

59fe30ca8e2d1_ishikari_class_anti_aircraft_cruiser__1944__by_ijnfleetadmiral-d7bmg69(1).thumb.png.1d9d0dfadb6e1cda52097a0052f2d35f.png

12x2 100mm guns

18x3 25mm

EDIT: so i did some quick number chrunching, 18 gun broadside with all reload boosters and yamamoto, let's say you get it down to 2 sec reload.... lol... 540 rounds a minute XD

1200 Dmg HE = 648000!!! DPM 

1700 Dmg AP = 918000!!! DPM 

(i know its not like that in game, rounds break, miss etc... but.. still fun to think of it) :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

Players
582 posts
9,881 battles
22 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

How about something like this as a FXP ship, a IJN AA Cruiser (its not the original Ishikari)

It is quirki and uneque. 

Soo why not? 

Presenting the IJN Atlanta

59fe30ca8e2d1_ishikari_class_anti_aircraft_cruiser__1944__by_ijnfleetadmiral-d7bmg69(1).thumb.png.1d9d0dfadb6e1cda52097a0052f2d35f.png

12x2 100mm guns

18x3 25mm

So would want, might work well with a Akizuki/Harekaze captain.

Beta Tester
2,440 posts
6,679 battles
9 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

So would want, might work well with a Akizuki/Harekaze captain.

It defenetly would, im tring to imagine the volume of fire of it with Yamamoto. 

AR+Yama with - 33% of reload... :Smile_teethhappy:

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,747 posts
7,213 battles

They just showed USS Salem in the News, which is the second Des Moines class cruiser. Maybe she's the next freeXP stuff ?

Beta Tester
2,440 posts
6,679 battles
33 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

They just showed USS Salem in the News, which is the second Des Moines class cruiser. Maybe she's the next freeXP stuff ?

Well with WG you never know what theyr up to ship wise, a FXP DM at either T8/9? 

How would you balace her, no radar and reduction in reload perhaps? 

Then again if that's the case, it would be better to just grind out DM wouldnt it.