Sign in to follow this  
fumtu

Chapayev captain last two points

9 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Players
1,152 posts
16,416 battles

So last night I reached 18th point captain on Chapayev and I'm going to get 19th as soon as I can. So far I have these captain skills

1pt - PT

2pt - AR

3pt - DE, Vigilance

4pt - CE, IFHE

I can't find good skill for last 2 points. Thinking between LS, EM or JoAT. Chapy has decent turret rotation and EM will give only a second or two tops. 5% JoaT doesn't sound that much. So far I consider LS as the best option but still not quite sure. Would like to hear about your experience and propositions.

Players
3,573 posts
7,337 battles

Expert Marksman seems to be least useless skill, alternatively pick two tier 1 skills, Expert Loader and Preventive Maintenance? Personally I've moved 17lvl Chapayev captain to other ship and put some 14lvl dude on her, as its enough points to make Chapa work

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,152 posts
16,416 battles
12 hours ago, Panocek said:

Expert Marksman seems to be least useless skill, alternatively pick two tier 1 skills, Expert Loader and Preventive Maintenance? Personally I've moved 17lvl Chapayev captain to other ship and put some 14lvl dude on her, as its enough points to make Chapa work

Yes that could work, thanks. I still didn't researched Dm.Donskoy and even if I transfer captain to it I would need to respec it. My only other Soviet captain with 14pt is on Leningrad so this one is stuck on Chapa for now. also I kind of like Chapa although it's really really fragile.

Players
3,573 posts
7,337 battles

Donskoi uses the same skill set as Chapayev, maybe with more focus on Superintendent due to available heal. On Moskva its advised to respec captain, as IFHE is not needed or rather gives no noticeable boosts and you need Expert Marksman to cope with the turrets

[TOXIC]
Players
1,152 posts
16,416 battles
5 hours ago, Panocek said:

Donskoi uses the same skill set as Chapayev, maybe with more focus on Superintendent due to available heal. On Moskva its advised to respec captain, as IFHE is not needed or rather gives no noticeable boosts and you need Expert Marksman to cope with the turrets

Yes, SE over Vigilance could be a better choice for Donskoy just because of additional heal. I'll get completely new captain for Moscow once I get there.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,650 battles

Moskva needs a completely different captain (e.g no IFHE but EM is compulsory).

My RU Cruiser captain has always been built towards Kutuzov with the Tech Tree Cruiser almost an after thought.

PT, AR, SI (for the extra smoke charge), CE, IFHE, DE and finally JoAT to round off. 

The last 2 point skill is really a matter of taste and I don't think it matters a huge deal.

Didn't think Vigil helps Kutuzov as you're a 10km+ 2nd line spammer mostly. However others may play her as more of a daredevil.

Still thinking of which Cruiser to re-buy as I'm not re-buying Donskoi since it's in the same MM as the superior Moskva. Maybe Chapy for T7 MM or Budy to seal club...

[TOXIC]
Players
1,152 posts
16,416 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Moskva needs a completely different captain (e.g no IFHE but EM is compulsory).

My RU Cruiser captain has always been built towards Kutuzov with the Tech Tree Cruiser almost an after thought.

PT, AR, SI (for the extra smoke charge), CE, IFHE, DE and finally JoAT to round off. 

The last 2 point skill is really a matter of taste and I don't think it matters a huge deal.

Didn't think Vigil helps Kutuzov as you're a 10km+ 2nd line spammer mostly. However others may play her as more of a daredevil.

Still thinking of which Cruiser to re-buy as I'm not re-buying Donskoi since it's in the same MM as the superior Moskva. Maybe Chapy for T7 MM or Budy to seal club...

I first thought to take SI as second 3pt skill but opted for vigilance simple based on my game experience with Chapa so far. I rarely have need for more them 3 radar consumables. So I decided to try vigilance as additional tool against torps simple because I'm usually trying to support our dds and using DAA as other consumable. I played Donskoy on PTS and yes SI, mostly because of the heal, is more useful.

I found Shchors and Budy quite enjoying. I didn't expected it but my experience with Shchors was relatively good. Well win rate was average at best but I have 71k average damage with it and I quite like it. Never sold my Budy, probably the strongest T6 cruiser currently, or maybe second best after Graf Spee.  

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

If you plan to keep this captain only for chapayev, i'll probably take Jack of all trades.

If you plan to move this captain into Donskoi, Expert Marksman helps a lot (mainly because reload module tradeoff it's turret rotation).

Also, in all yours tier 9-10 Cruisers you want Superintendent for the extra heal (in case of Donskoi also Extra radar). IFHE + DE works well with it.

However, Moskva needs a totally different skillset, so plan carefully if u don't want to spend doubloons.

My Current Donskoi+Kutuzov Captain (before it was Chapayev+Kutuzov captain)

Priority Target, Expert Marksman, SuperIntendent, Demolition Expert, Concealment, IFHE.

Last 2 point will go on Adrenaline Rush.

When i'll unlock Moskva i'll probably don't respec captain (because of Kutuzov) and i'll play Tier X with a gimped captain. (he's my more advanced captain and i want to reach 19 points as soon as possible).

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,152 posts
16,416 battles
23 hours ago, Favuz said:

If you plan to keep this captain only for chapayev, i'll probably take Jack of all trades.

If you plan to move this captain into Donskoi, Expert Marksman helps a lot (mainly because reload module tradeoff it's turret rotation).

Also, in all yours tier 9-10 Cruisers you want Superintendent for the extra heal (in case of Donskoi also Extra radar). IFHE + DE works well with it.

However, Moskva needs a totally different skillset, so plan carefully if u don't want to spend doubloons.

My Current Donskoi+Kutuzov Captain (before it was Chapayev+Kutuzov captain)

Priority Target, Expert Marksman, SuperIntendent, Demolition Expert, Concealment, IFHE.

Last 2 point will go on Adrenaline Rush.

When i'll unlock Moskva i'll probably don't respec captain (because of Kutuzov) and i'll play Tier X with a gimped captain. (he's my more advanced captain and i want to reach 19 points as soon as possible).

I'll keep this captain on Chapa, simply because I like Chapa. For Donskoy I will definitely take SI over Vigilance mostly because of extra heal. Expert Marksmen is useless on Chapa as it give so little for two points. So as now my best options are PM/EL and JoaT. I thought to respect for AFT with PM for last point but there is simply not many CVs currently in game to justify this. If that change than maybe I'll respec it when we get next discount on captain retraining or when I get enough Elite XP. My priority for now is get that last point for Elite XP as I have only one other 19pt captain.

Sign in to follow this