Jump to content
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Caljostro

Where do I turn on auto denial for clan invitations ?

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
806 posts
7,984 battles

There is no such feature. I am not part of a clan and it's annoying to login and get like 20 invite. Takes a couple of second to get rid of...no big deal.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
374 posts
3,383 battles

Clans have their upsides. A decent player in a good clan can get a lot of goodies just for participating in Clan Wars. It all comes down to finding the right one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,181 posts
11,672 battles

Indeed I like clans far more than I anticipated. But I can relate to OP's POV as well. If you really don't want it, It'd be a great idea to autmatically make that known or auto reject an application. That'll probably implemented. In the mean time you might want to consider hiding your stats OP. My guess is that's drawing a lot of attention. Looking at them I feel like a small child "oh, I want that too!!" :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TK1]
WoWs Wiki Team
533 posts
8,488 battles
1 hour ago, Caljostro said:

Topic.

 

You can turn it on if it's implemented after you applied for this feature which currently does not exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
18 posts
7,101 battles

There is a way of not getting a flood of clan invites, just play terribly in every single game that has a clan member in it.

 

Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,609 posts
5,132 battles

Set up your own '1 man/person/woman clan'? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FDUSH]
Players
1,116 posts
6,571 battles
36 minutes ago, philjd said:

Set up your own '1 man/person/woman clan'? :)

I had been thinking in doing that oo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,759 posts
10,656 battles
3 hours ago, RethyI said:

Clans have their upsides. A decent player in a good clan can get a lot of goodies just for participating in Clan Wars. It all comes down to finding the right one. 

Well, it's not about merits of being in a clan, though, now is it - it's about the ability to not be bothered by aggressively recruiting clans when you don't want to. And frankly, I imagine that any clan that goes about recruiting as aggressively as actually sending out invites without asking the recipient if he wants one... well, I don't think such a clan is going to be "the right one", because

1. Competitive clans should have higher standards, looking for people who want to join. The most I would expect from a competitive clan is a "hey, you're a great player, maybe you would like to be invited into our competitive clan? You would fit right in!" private message, only followed by an invitation if the recipient shows some interest.

2. Laid-back clans should be, well, more laid back - instead of sniping people with invites, I would expect them to send a pm saying "Hey, it was nice playing together and I see you have no clan - maybe you want to join ours?" only followed by an invitation if the recipient shows some interest.

 

Basically, if you just get an invite out of the blue, no prior conversation or anything like that, it suggests a desperate clan that has neither the pride of a competitive clan that really aims high nor the relaxed approach of throughly non-competitive one. Why would anyone want to join a clan this desperate for new members? I'd just go to clan recruitment section on this very Forum (which is, in fact, precisely what I did when I decided that I'd like to join a clan after all) and look there for some recruitment posts fitting my expectations of how I wish my future clan to be. There are quite a few clans recruiting there and the range is quite wide, from top competitives to "we take all who play and gather oil" - and including some oddballs like my own clan that's basically a clan of decent solo players where some WR is required as a starting point but there are literally no mandatory clan activities: all you need to do is remain a reasonably active player...

 

All in all: this game really needs some filtering options or at the very least a "stop clan invitations" checkbox for people who don't want to be invited to not be invited. Especially since, if they decide that joining a clan might ba a good idea after all, they'll probably not rely on random unasked for invites from random clans met along the way. Although there are also some things this game really needs that are also more pressing, so... yeah, the priority of this change, as welcome as it might be for some, shouldn't be too high.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
374 posts
3,383 battles
2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Well, it's not about merits of being in a clan, though, now is it - it's about the ability to not be bothered by aggressively recruiting clans when you don't want to. And frankly, I imagine that any clan that goes about recruiting as aggressively as actually sending out invites without asking the recipient if he wants one... well, I don't think such a clan is going to be "the right one", because

1. Competitive clans should have higher standards, looking for people who want to join. The most I would expect from a competitive clan is a "hey, you're a great player, maybe you would like to be invited into our competitive clan? You would fit right in!" private message, only followed by an invitation if the recipient shows some interest.

2. Laid-back clans should be, well, more laid back - instead of sniping people with invites, I would expect them to send a pm saying "Hey, it was nice playing together and I see you have no clan - maybe you want to join ours?" only followed by an invitation if the recipient shows some interest.

 

Basically, if you just get an invite out of the blue, no prior conversation or anything like that, it suggests a desperate clan that has neither the pride of a competitive clan that really aims high nor the relaxed approach of throughly non-competitive one. Why would anyone want to join a clan this desperate for new members? I'd just go to clan recruitment section on this very Forum (which is, in fact, precisely what I did when I decided that I'd like to join a clan after all) and look there for some recruitment posts fitting my expectations of how I wish my future clan to be. There are quite a few clans recruiting there and the range is quite wide, from top competitives to "we take all who play and gather oil" - and including some oddballs like my own clan that's basically a clan of decent solo players where some WR is required as a starting point but there are literally no mandatory clan activities: all you need to do is remain a reasonably active player...

 

All in all: this game really needs some filtering options or at the very least a "stop clan invitations" checkbox for people who don't want to be invited to not be invited. Especially since, if they decide that joining a clan might ba a good idea after all, they'll probably not rely on random unasked for invites from random clans met along the way.

100% right. I, as Dep. Commander of our clan do some recruiting, yes i bother people with some PM's, because need to establish contact somehow, but if they say "NO" i won't bother them anymore to persuade them. 

 

If someone applies to our clan doesn't meet our reqs, we also message them the reasons and wish them good luck. 

 

We only send the actual clan invite after a brief discussion, some plays together and if the person in question actually agrees to join us. Even if it is a game, trying to be professional and decent is not a bad thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,292 battles

The reverse also happens. I regularly see applications from 40% people with 200 games pop up for my clan. I'm left wondering what these people expect...

As for aggressively inviting people without first talking to them... That is rude and most clans will not do that I feel. So I agree that maybe a setting to block invites might be an idea. But WG won't implement that probably, they have bigger things to (not) deal with.

Another thing (mentioned already I think) is that on the top of the context menu there is an option to "invite to clan". So it is quite possible that someone was reporting/complementing or whatever and the UI was doing its normal thing (that is, thinking for 3+ seconds if you really clicked right mouse button on a player) and someone got impatient and clicked that right mouse button again, resulting in a clan invite. That happened 5 times already in my clan in the past 2 weeks...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
12 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

The reverse also happens. I regularly see applications from 40% people with 200 games pop up for my clan. I'm left wondering what these people expect...

As for aggressively inviting people without first talking to them... That is rude and most clans will not do that I feel. So I agree that maybe a setting to block invites might be an idea. But WG won't implement that probably, they have bigger things to (not) deal with.

Another thing (mentioned already I think) is that on the top of the context menu there is an option to "invite to clan". So it is quite possible that someone was reporting/complementing or whatever and the UI was doing its normal thing (that is, thinking for 3+ seconds if you really clicked right mouse button on a player) and someone got impatient and clicked that right mouse button again, resulting in a clan invite. That happened 5 times already in my clan in the past 2 weeks...

 

i almost invited few people in clan when i tried to report them. good thing they were in clan already :Smile_trollface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,414 posts
12,988 battles
14 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

The reverse also happens. I regularly see applications from 40% people with 200 games pop up for my clan. I'm left wondering what these people expect...

As for aggressively inviting people without first talking to them... That is rude and most clans will not do that I feel. So I agree that maybe a setting to block invites might be an idea. But WG won't implement that probably, they have bigger things to (not) deal with.

Another thing (mentioned already I think) is that on the top of the context menu there is an option to "invite to clan". So it is quite possible that someone was reporting/complementing or whatever and the UI was doing its normal thing (that is, thinking for 3+ seconds if you really clicked right mouse button on a player) and someone got impatient and clicked that right mouse button again, resulting in a clan invite. That happened 5 times already in my clan in the past 2 weeks...

I think i invited a 35% wr guy i was reporting. lel xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
Players
414 posts
5,896 battles

My enjoyment of the game has gone up tremendously since I joined a clan... can't imagine not being in one now.   But if your personal preferences are to go solo, then as others suggested, your only choices are to either suck (I speak from experience, I never once recieved a clan invite in the ~3000 games I was clan-less), or create a personal solo clan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,759 posts
10,656 battles
26 minutes ago, Hawg said:

My enjoyment of the game has gone up tremendously since I joined a clan... can't imagine not being in one now.   But if your personal preferences are to go solo, then as others suggested, your only choices are to either suck (I speak from experience, I never once recieved a clan invite in the ~3000 games I was clan-less), or create a personal solo clan.

2k Doublons and you can even have a DFIM (Don't F*cking Invite Me) tag next to your name :Smile_teethhappy:

...wait. A bunch of people could just put their money together and make a no-invite tag they would then share...

...

...that would be an actual clan, wouldn't it. And once in one, they would probably start using the oil they accumulate just for playing...

Wake up, sheeple! It's all a scheme to make people create clans with other people tired of random clan invites :Smile-_tongue:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×