Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MortenTardo

Can someone explain this?

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[N0RSE]
Players
1,748 posts

So i did a game in the NC. I see a Des Moines about 18km away, fire a broadside and RNG says no ofc, but one shell hits and it overpens but for 5633 dmg. 

Is this the crap we take in our DDs all the time? "Overpens"?

No wonder BB's can blap DD's with ease

 

shot-17_10.30_22_49.24-0489.jpg.66daa54a3d3fbb440f44059c9e7198f3.jpg

 

59f7a7c485ac6_giphy(5).gif.31c1251e5c38d537c7f286dd8021bb65.gif

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,581 posts
8,270 battles

The Bug thats been around and many ppl calculated whats happening there. Its basicly 1 pen + 1 overpen. Your shell somehow  managed to hit twice, what exact mechanic goes wrong there - only WG could tell. But they are looking into it, was the last feedback I recall... so yea...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,384 battles

Shhh...! You are not supposed to share with everyone Scrub's Haxes! :Smile_ohmy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N0RSE]
Players
1,748 posts
7 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

The Bug thats been around and many ppl calculated whats happening there. Its basicly 1 pen + 1 overpen. Your shell somehow  managed to hit twice, what exact mechanic goes wrong there - only WG could tell. But they are looking into it, was the last feedback I recall... so yea...

Ah ok. Yeah, heard something about that. 

Thanks.

 

8 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Shhh...! You are not supposed to share with everyone Scrub's Haxes! :Smile_ohmy:

Woops

gA2qe43hSWOjzRY1q2CB_post-25893-ralph-wiggum-eating-paste-gif-cKiI.gif.ed5eda76b7555f9be22a419232462812.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,619 posts
7,513 battles

Well look at this one: 2 Overpens 11610 damage (seen in the top corner, as i didnt have any other hits)

I think that happens only with BBs so yeah... totaly stupid i hope they fix that with BB AP on DDs.

shot-17.10.25_18.10.07-0819.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,202 posts
8,169 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I think that happens only with BBs so yeah

Also happens with cruisers. Saint Louis (4900 maximum AP damage) somehow does 5250 damage with 2 AP shell hits and no citadel penetration. 

Spoiler

QsrevLw.jpg

pyu14bR.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

The 0 damage regular penetration is the other side of this...

 

People might say it's to do with modules and various bits of a ship's armour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,468 battles
5 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

So i did a game in the NC. I see a Des Moines about 18km away, fire a broadside and RNG says no ofc, but one shell hits and it overpens but for 5633 dmg. 

Is this the crap we take in our DDs all the time? "Overpens"?

No wonder BB's can blap DD's with ease

 

 

This has been around forever.

You're not guaranteed to get the ribbon (and probably the reward associated with it) because why not. You most definitely don't get credited if you were doing some "get X amount of ribbons" mission.

 

in your case that is 1 pen + 1 overpen you scored there. Most obvious with BBs because of low rate of fire and low shell count, but happens on others aswell. Probably most noticeable would be cap resets that don't give you the reset ribbon.

 

Here's it shortly showcased:

Spoiler

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,377 posts
12,061 battles

TBH I have never seen this one before. Doesn't mean it didn't happen of course. I think it's a dumb as the penetration without damage ribbon. That is by far my biggest annoyance regarding shelling. Either I miss, bounce or shatter which yields 0 dmg. But a pen must give dmg. Even if it be half overpen dmg in case of a dudd. I think both issues should be solved asap. An overpen can't inflict that much dmg!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,619 posts
7,513 battles
8 hours ago, shamelesscreature said:

Also happens with cruisers. Saint Louis (4900 maximum AP damage) somehow does 5250 damage with 2 AP shell hits and no citadel penetration.

 

Thats even more weird, because a Pen+Overpen would only result in 2107 damage, two times would make 4214 damage and you are above that.

Id say its a citadel (didnt get the ribbon, first i ever saw i think) + maybe some damage saturation thing with reduced damage.

 

2 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Either I miss, bounce or shatter which yields 0 dmg.

 

I even had Bounces and Shatters only but still made damage, unfurutnately didnt get a screen in time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,377 posts
12,061 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I even had Bounces and Shatters only but still made damage, unfurutnately didnt get a screen in time...

Whaaat?! This is getting weirder and weirder. OK, bounce/ shatter with HE which causes a fire. I can understand that. Or is the paint nowadays also part of the HP pool besides the main factor of influence on particular ship's armor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,619 posts
7,513 battles

My theory on that would be, the shell bounces but manages to hit something it can overmatch or penerate (superstructure) where it does Overpen or Pen damage. But as it already bounced, it cant get another ribbon.

 

Same thing i see with those Pen+overpen damages which are marked as Overpens. First it overpens one section but enters the next one where it fuses thus making pen damage. Had the same where 1 Fuso bullet made a penetration and a Citadel hit where i got 13k+ damage... (this is ofc very wrong as it fuses 2 times which is technically impossible)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
299 posts
19,093 battles

The question is what is bugged. Is it technically possible for one shell to overpen one part of a ship(superstructure) for overpen damage and then penetrate the hull and do a pen damage? I think it is. In this case what would be bugged is only the ribbons that should show 1 overpen + 1 pen with 1 shell hit.

 

Am I wrong?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,377 posts
12,061 battles
28 minutes ago, Kamikazesushi said:

The question is what is bugged. Is it technically possible for one shell to overpen one part of a ship(superstructure) for overpen damage and then penetrate the hull and do a pen damage? I think it is. In this case what would be bugged is only the ribbons that should show 1 overpen + 1 pen with 1 shell hit.

 

Am I wrong?

That could very well be the case indeed. After all: a citadel hit isn't "recorded" as a hit. You only get the citadel ribbon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
493 posts
3,667 battles

Wonder if latency and ping etc come into it. Somewhere theres conflicting reports so you get the damage of both but only show one hit. I don't know. This certainly isn't the first time and considering they don't have a fix yet certainly not the last. :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,581 posts
8,270 battles
59 minutes ago, Kamikazesushi said:

The question is what is bugged. Is it technically possible for one shell to overpen one part of a ship(superstructure) for overpen damage and then penetrate the hull and do a pen damage? I think it is. In this case what would be bugged is only the ribbons that should show 1 overpen + 1 pen with 1 shell hit.

 

Am I wrong?

 

I remember WG stating in one of those earlier discussions, that 1 shell is only suppose to do 1 time dmg. And he stated, that if it happens otherwise, there is something wrong. must search the forums to find that tho...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,638 posts
12,404 battles

how about a detonation by an AP bomb, without even getting hit?

 

GLORIOUS

 

fHhpD7d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,619 posts
7,513 battles
7 minutes ago, lup3s said:

how about a detonation by an AP bomb, without even getting hit?

 

GLORIOUS

 

 

Well ofc thats totaly easy: Your AA shot down a Bomber plane and when he was crashing down he went KAMIKAZE hit your DD and u exploded.

Makes total sense :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×