You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rageman4u

Wargaming not protecting noobs!

40 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts

It is pity to see good players platoon and farm noobs in low tier games. So credits göne for Worldofwallet Team for not protecting noobs in the game.

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles

The division problem is more to do with ships sticking together and focusing fire than any individual skill, WoWs is a team game and it shows, especially at lower tiers where your options are limited to "fire HE" or "fire HE". The WorldOfWallet team can't really stop people having friends and grouping up to play together, I'd argue that the 3 person limit per division is a bit restrictive but I understand that it's necessary to prevent massive roflstomps. Even if the problem is with all the players in a specific division being really good, well you have a chance of being on their team too so it works out, and sometimes better players have to play lower tiers, some people will go straight to tier 10 in their chosen nation and ignore the rest, then have 1337 unicum skills when they come to play the Orlan and Hermelin, others will migrate from different server clusters, some just like to play in low pressure games where taking a wrong turn doesn't earn you 11 negative karma.

You can play co-op mode to play against bots. This will help you learn the basics of ship control without being overwhelmed by people who can already lead targets, anticipate movement and position themselves well.

You can also find yourself a division in game using the looking for division option, click create division on the left of the battle button. The top section allows you to put yourself on a list of people looking for a division.  The middle is your contact list, then the bottom lists players who are looking for a division using the method just mentioned. You can click the shield icon to invite them to a division.

Alternatively you can post in the "Looking for Clan or Division" in game chat, or find other players who posted there and invite them manually.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,349 battles

It is a shame people keep making those posts without offering any sensible solutions... Let me help with that - get better and form the division?

Your post OP, also makes me wonder. Would you make this post too, if you ended up on the winning team?

• Cool 3

[N0RSE]
Players
1,741 posts

Whats the difference between farming noobs at T4 and farming noobs at T10? Nothing! Only a number. Same crap players. Enjoy T5? Play T5. Enjoy T10? Play T10. 

• Cool 11

Players
12 posts
2 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Whats the difference between farming noobs at T4 or farming noobs at T10? Nothing! Only a number. Same crap players. Enjoy T5? Play T5. Enjoy T10? Play T10. 

Isnt t10 is more competetive? at leasy most players have certain level when they reach tier 10

Players
4,538 posts
8,224 battles
1 minute ago, rageman4u said:

Isnt t10 is more competetive? at leasy most players have certain level when they reach tier 10

In a nutshell: it has 200% more camp, 200% more hate and 200% less skilled player.

• Cool 6

[N0RSE]
Players
1,741 posts
Just now, rageman4u said:

Nope. You see the same stupid crap at every Tier. T10 is not more competetive sadly. 

• Cool 2

Players
12 posts
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

In a nutshell: it has 200% more camp, 200% more hate and 200% less skilled player.

Oh i keep grinding tier 5 6 may be those most hated people just farm us in low tier :(

Weekend Tester
837 posts
5,957 battles

No need worry, because there are still noobs on every tiers, even at tier 10 as well. 

I highly recommend learn to play correctly (ammo uses, ship angles and roles for ship classes ... youtube vid is full tutorials and tips and watching pro players on twitch) if you don't want be hunted by pro players. ;)

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
7 minutes ago, rageman4u said:

If anything tier 10 battles make it easier to farm noobs for good players, there is a lot more resource management, maps have weather conditions, positioning is much more important and map knowledge is a major factor.

Lower tiers make it harder for good players to wreak havoc on noobs because the game is basically sail and aim, don't get caught alone.

If you're talking about sealclubbing, players with 14+ point captains playing tier 4 battles, those people probably have a bad home life. Pity them more than anything else.

• Cool 1

[N0RSE]
Players
1,741 posts
10 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

If you're talking about sealclubbing, players with 14+ point captains playing tier 4 battles, those people probably have a bad home life. Pity them more than anything else.

I do not have a 19 point commander on my Orion and Clemson. I promise! :Smile_hiding:

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

I do not have a 19 point commander on my Orion and Clemson. I promise! :Smile_hiding:

I swear its not me with RPF on umikaze...

:cap_tea:

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
659 posts
12,465 battles
1 hour ago, Caughtintherain said:

Phew! my Orion captain is only 13pts. To be fair I moved him from Edinburgh to make way for Jack Dunkirk in the recent free respec, and will eventually move him to KGV after about 100 battles. Think you may find a bit of this sort of thing went on during that free respec as it was a good time to shuffle captains and start new lines.

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
37 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

Phew! my Orion captain is only 13pts. To be fair I moved him from Edinburgh to make way for Jack Dunkirk in the recent free respec, and will eventually move him to KGV after about 100 battles. Think you may find a bit of this sort of thing went on during that free respec as it was a good time to shuffle captains and start new lines.

Good times never last.

Players
1,059 posts
7,761 battles

I thought noobs were protected in their T1-T3 sandbox until they hit T4 and played with T4 ships. If I hop on a T1 vessel, it's not gonna be noobs that I play against there and it kinda feels like some kind of expert T10 sealclubbers club down there with those T1 ships, with all kinds of angling and island isolation tricks used down there. T2+ feels more relaxed in comparison, with more low skill players present than in T1, since the genuine noobs are isolated in their own sandbox and rarely play with T1 ships after they get past those, which happens rather quickly. The good days of sealclubbing with my Hermelin AP are over. RIP Citadel Master.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
5 hours ago, rageman4u said:

You will find that the quality of players fluctuates evenly across all tiers. There's just as many players who advanced up the tiers learning how to play as there are potatoes that simply died their way up. At least in the lower tiers you can reasonably expect players to be unfamiliar with at least the ships they're playing, if not new to the game itself. At tier X though, people not knowing that straightlining broaside to the entire enemy fleet is a bad idea is simply frustratingly/annoyingly obvious ... those experiences tend to stick for a while (perception bias yaddayadda though I could swear the average gameplay quality takes a noticable dip after tier VII).

In short, there's newbies in the lower tiers and plenty n00bs everywhere.

As for the original sentiment of this topic:

Cultivate your own ingame friendships with people you can division up with. Being a teambased game it undubitably is more enjoyable playing closely together with friends than alone (and assuming competent friends it also helps a lot in performing better and carrying the odd number of potatoes you'll find in your teams).

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,900 battles
7 hours ago, rageman4u said:

It is pity to see good players platoon and farm noobs in low tier games. So credits göne for Worldofwallet Team for not protecting noobs in the game.

So experienced players are not llowed to enjoy the fast and chaotic world of low tiers where you can just yolo and still pull outan decent score?

You are mean! But I will still stick to my StLouis, Isokaze, Ark.Beta, Furrytaco, Kamikare, Kongo and many other low tier botes.

I do not have the patience (skills?) for the high tiers. :D

[H_FAN]
Players
2,250 posts
31,350 battles
7 hours ago, rageman4u said:

As far as I am aware there is protected matchmaking for beginners, besides you can start in co-op.

Nontheless as lower tiers are T2, T3 -and so are not always populated enough WG will proritize to get a game going. I have played 1 vs1  once in random T2 and quite often in 4-6 players aside matches.  

To me it seems when I play lower tiers sometimes it is very new players I play against and sometimes more experienced. There are also new lines or veterans starting new trees from the bottom.

Some of the low tier ships are also very fun to play, Chikuma, Bogatyr, St Louis, Umikaze etc to name my favourites in the T2-3 bracket.

The nonsense drive aim fire matches are fun with action from the start. And you might compensate for bad players and turn around a fight. 

The type of gamer that I am, The collector naval enthusiast are also interested in the old and early warships f.e. the 4 funneled cruisers, the dreadnoughts from WW1 etc so to be able to play them it is necessary to play low tiers. Many other gamers leaves the low tiers as soon as possible to play high tier only freexPing the low tiers. I value each ship regardless of tier, if it is fun I play it after grind now and then, if it is not it is stuck in port and I barely play it. As a cruiser player, it is suffering to play high tiers, therefor I play low tiers to regain sanity and confidence in my cruisers.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

I don't know why you guys dislike T10 so much. Look WG was aware that people went to low tier to farm people in CV. They even remove manual drop because of it. It's much harder to farm in T10 because 98% of the ships are well balanced. This is why I refuse to play low tier to prey on new people.

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,844 battles
8 hours ago, rageman4u said:

We all went through this phase when we started? and most of us used this so called seal clubbing as a leaning curve to play better. 

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles
8 hours ago, Nechrom said:

I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for you.

spongebob-squarepants-mr-krabs-worlds-sm

• Cool 2