You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
USSARIZONA_2015

A tough Choice.....

3 comments in this topic

Players
49 posts
7,295 battles

Hey there fellas,

So I have a tough situation on my hands (somewhat) and I would like to know what you think.

should I research the British Battleship Monarch? (For Colonizing anyone and Everything)

or the USS Essex? (to prove that the USN CVs can give the IJN CVs a run for their money >:), and so that i can get easy XP when the Musashi comes out, due to her  rumored, weak AA. )

I know that Cvs aren't the best class of Ship to play right now, but i need to expand my ability to play other ship classes. (and not only playing BBs) Also, I don't like how some say that the IJN CVs are the only good CVs to play (and thats their opinion) and I want to prove that the USN CVs can deal out some hurt as well ( i know they already can, but i mostly see IJN Cvs in matches I play, which is sad in my opinion :(. )

On the other hand, I'd assume that most will say to research the Monarch, but i feel like the KVG (King George V) is a fun ship to play, and I can tolerate the grind. But being that the only class I  usually play is Battleships, (And NO, I don't camp behind the map, I usually try to Push in and play aggressive) I would feel Much more comfortable playing the Monarch, but constantly playing battleships gets stale over time, and I need to expand my gameplay. (as I previously stated)

So, what would you fellas suggest I research? I appreciate any advice! :)

until next post, 

USSARIZONA_2015

Beta Tester
835 posts
13,232 battles
3 minutes ago, USSARIZONA_2015 said:

Hey there fellas,

So I have a tough situation on my hands (somewhat) and I would like to know what you think.

should I research the British Battleship Monarch? (For Colonizing anyone and Everything)

or the USS Essex? (to prove that the USN CVs can give the IJN CVs a run for their money >:), and so that i can get easy XP when the Musashi comes out, due to her  rumored, weak AA. )

I know that Cvs aren't the best class of Ship to play right now, but i need to expand my ability to play other ship classes. (and not only playing BBs) 

On the other hand, I'd assume that most will say to research the Monarch, but i feel like the KVG (King George V) is a fun ship to play, and I can tolerate the grind. But being that the only class I  usually play is Battleships, (And NO, I don't camp behind the map, I usually try to Push in and play aggressive) I would feel Much more comfortable playing the Monarch, but constantly playing battleships gets stale over time, and I need to expand my gameplay. (as I previously stated)

So, what would you fellas suggest I research? I appreciate any advice! :)

until next post, 

USSARIZONA_2015

US CV arent as useless as people say, they just have somewhat less impact because they cant cross drop DDs or deliver heavy  casualties to capital ships in one go, but air superiority is clearly their advantage in the right hands against IJN, they have more durable planes and have more of them in hangar than IJN. If an IJN CV can loose pretty much all of its planes underr def AA, US will lose half at most, nice difference right there, unless there are several where noone has any chances. If variety is what you seek, go for the CV, as for BB it is pretty much the same gameplay no matter the nation or tier, but its getting more difficult with CVs as theres more and more AA to deal with, what makes target selection more difficult. 

Players
927 posts
8,496 battles
21 hours ago, Azalgor said:

US CV arent as useless as people say, they just have somewhat less impact because they cant cross drop DDs or deliver heavy  casualties to capital ships in one go, but air superiority is clearly their advantage in the right hands against IJN, they have more durable planes and have more of them in hangar than IJN. If an IJN CV can loose pretty much all of its planes underr def AA, US will lose half at most, nice difference right there, unless there are several where noone has any chances. If variety is what you seek, go for the CV, as for BB it is pretty much the same gameplay no matter the nation or tier, but its getting more difficult with CVs as theres more and more AA to deal with, what makes target selection more difficult. 

So in other words, youre saying theyre useless :) US CVs have horrible loadouts at most tiers and that limits their utility. If they take the AS setup, theyre mostly relegated to a scout taking up a valuable spot on the team. If they take the strike loadout, theyre in most cases at mercy of IJN CVs which can still outdamage them...