Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KapteinSabeltann

Halloween event part 2. CV PLEASE!!!

21 comments in this topic

Players
141 posts
6,623 battles

Why, oh why, is it at so far not in one single game of the Halloween event part 2 has the CV used either shining or eclipse. I mean COME ON! Event is hard enought to get done as it is...

It doesn't exactly help that the Cruiser Svyatozar's Inverion Charge (II) bugs out. Activating it after done 150k plus damage did exactly, NOTHING - except putting it on cooldown. No heal, no increased ROF, Dead. GG. Bug report filed for that one though.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,241 posts
9 minutes ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

It doesn't exactly help that the Cruiser Svyatozar's Inverion Charge (II) bugs out. Activating it after done 150k plus damage did exactly, NOTHING - except putting it on cooldown. No heal, no increased ROF, Dead. GG. Bug report filed for that one though.

that charge is amazing! Saved my life so often, just wait for an enemy showing you his side (if possible a cruiser) and you have full health in seconds...

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,418 posts
13,838 battles
57 minutes ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

Why, oh why, is it at so far not in one single game of the Halloween event part 2 has the CV used either shining or eclipse.

Because the average player is horrible at this game.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,124 posts
11,662 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I'm still laughing at the guy on another thread who suggested Shining and Eclipse should be implemented on normal CVs.

I know it ins't a a simulator and all but lol :cap_haloween:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,418 posts
13,838 battles
2 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I'm still laughing at the guy on another thread who suggested Shining and Eclipse should be implemented on normal CVs.

I wouldn't laugh, those are probably suggestions the balancing team over at WG will take seriously unlike the ones from us filthy skilled CV players.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,124 posts
11,662 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I wouldn't laugh, those are probably suggestions the balancing team over at WG will take seriously unlike the ones from us filthy skilled CV players.

Hmmm true, since Russian Carriers before the modern era never existed WG may "gift" us with a whole 100% fantasy line, as in literally fantasy with magical healing powers, the ability to block out the sun and flying monster things instead of aircraft :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
3,600 posts
7,323 battles
1 hour ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

Why, oh why, is it at so far not in one single game of the Halloween event part 2 has the CV used either shining or eclipse. I mean COME ON! Event is hard enought to get done as it is...

Check your CV player's stats whilst the game is loading, most of them have never played a CV game (even in co-op), if you're lucky you might find someone with 50 or so games at T4/5.

35 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

It's not the average player that's the problem, the average player generally at least knows enough not to take out a CV unless he has some experience of the class.

The problem is the scenario has ended up distilling out the worst of the worst players so that most teams now consist of the absolute dregs of the player-base, the kind of dross that grinds to T10 in co-op but has about 100 games total in random then decides this is the time to learn how to CV (or more likely is too stupid to realize it's a CV in the first place).

• Cool 2

Players
744 posts
7,393 battles

I've been playing a lot of games in the carrier.

have never come out of a halloween cv game with either consumable having any charges left.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,241 posts
25 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

The problem is the scenario has ended up distilling out the worst of the worst players so that most teams now consist of the absolute dregs of the player-base,

in fact it is not so bad. I played the mission 5 times today, 1 loss, 1x 1 star, 2x 3 stars and 1x 4 stars...

Players
3,600 posts
7,323 battles
10 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

in fact it is not so bad. I played the mission 5 times today, 1 loss, 1x 1 star, 2x 3 stars and 1x 4 stars...

I guess you were either in a division or increadibly lucky, I've played quite a few times today, managed a 3 star win IIRC, but other than that it's loss after loss then you check the team's stats and it's obvious why.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,418 posts
13,838 battles

Managed a 5 star only because I ended up as the only random in a div team.

Immediately gave up on the gamemode afterwards.

Players
3,600 posts
7,323 battles
23 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

nope, all random teams

Lucky you.

I've just managed a one star victory with me doing 772,000 damage, the one star being me solo killing the Great Gorgon, I was lucky in that there was one other guy on the team who was pretty decent, the CV of course had played a total of 78 games (random + co-op) none of which were in CV.

That is par for the course.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, Capra76 said:

Lucky you.

I've just managed a one star victory with me doing 772,000 damage, the one star being me solo killing the Great Gorgon, I was lucky in that there was one other guy on the team who was pretty decent, the CV of course had played a total of 78 games (random + co-op) none of which were in CV.

That is par for the course.

At first I thought that you get one star just for fulfilling the primary task but after counting the secondary task... Is it - in theory - possible to get a win without any star?

I have thought about doing some more operations in the CV in random teams just so that some of the unlucky guys here get an at least decent CV player (not a master myself but certainly better than those steering their CV in the filth right at the beginning). But then again my division mates prefer random battles now that we have solved the operation with five stars or want to play in completely different *cough* wildlands.

[PMI]
Players
2,376 posts
5,580 battles
3 hours ago, Klopirat said:

That is pretty much a bunch of failures in my book, PvE should be played like a simple game, that the average numpty would have trouble tying its own shoes given the way they play is not a "win", 1 star, 2 stars, in PvE, is a defeat, your team failed even if you did not...

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,591 battles

when I play the CV I use the disable consumable (forget it's name) when the enemy appears next to the first tower. Sometimes I use another one if there is any way to try to save that. The same with the second tower. Also, when there is 3 mins left to close the gate I use them all, trying to evaluate in which moment to use them.

Also I try to keep track of friendly ships in case anyone needs an emergency repair. Again, I use them all near the end.

And yet only managed to get 3 stars.

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,445 battles
48 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

when I play the CV I use the disable consumable (forget it's name) when the enemy appears next to the first tower. Sometimes I use another one if there is any way to try to save that. The same with the second tower. Also, when there is 3 mins left to close the gate I use them all, trying to evaluate in which moment to use them.

Also I try to keep track of friendly ships in case anyone needs an emergency repair. Again, I use them all near the end.

And yet only managed to get 3 stars.

According to my experience, maybe you should not delay the destruction of the first tower. It cannot be saved any way, and the explosion can kill a bunch of enemy ships. More importantly, since the overall countdown time becomes longer after its destruction, you'd get more time to kill Rusputon and the enemy CV.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

did random divs yesterday.. people are just... i solo gorgon and dont let it launch planes+deal some damage in the back, and my team constantly cant kill rasputin or defend second tower or both. people just dont use damn consumables or are showing broadside to rasputin... this mission is impossible in random. it needs a div of at least 5 60%+ players to finish with 5 stars.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
5 hours ago, robihr said:

did random divs yesterday.. people are just... i solo gorgon and dont let it launch planes+deal some damage in the back, and my team constantly cant kill rasputin or defend second tower or both. people just dont use damn consumables or are showing broadside to rasputin... this mission is impossible in random. it needs a div of at least 5 60%+ players to finish with 5 stars.

Wrong. I did it with a division of 4 and two of them were below 60% global WR. All you need is a small group of not so bad players who coordinate and take important positions, i.e. if one of your mates is anything above terrible in a CV then let him take the CV. It is better have to have an average CV player who you can ask for heal (and he will do it) than having a bad one who doesn't use his consumables at all.

• Cool 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, Tungstonid said:

Wrong. I did it with a division of 4 and two of them were below 60% global WR. All you need is a small group of not so bad players who coordinate and take important positions, i.e. if one of your mates is anything above terrible in a CV then let him take the CV. It is better have to have an average CV player who you can ask for heal (and he will do it) than having a bad one who doesn't use his consumables at all.

you probably got lucky with other 3 players... well true you could do it with 4 players (almost did that with 3 other clanmates yesterday, but cause of wrong positioning of other people we lost the second tower).

Beta Tester
2,210 posts
8,899 battles
On 30.10.2017 at 9:41 PM, El2aZeR said:

Managed a 5 star only because I ended up as the only random in a div team.

Immediately gave up on the gamemode afterwards.

Haha, no idea if it was you, but we got the 5 Stars in our first and only try as a division of 6. And the only random guy actually banished the Gorgon in his BB. 

Sign in to follow this