You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ryouzanpakku

Question about premium smoke cruisers

21 comments in this topic

Players
131 posts
1,013 battles

Hi all :)

I have not really played WoWs for maybe a year and will not probably have time to do so till x mass....

But I have read there is an option to sell Kutuzov/Belfast/Perth for full doubloon price because of smoke changes.

My question is about Kutuzov which I own - how is it doing in current meta? Is it worth keeping or should I sell it now and buy some BB when x mass sale hits the street instead?

THX

[BLITZ]
Players
2,075 posts
9,134 battles

Play a few games and decide then. You have time until 0.6.13 to get the refund.

Players
1,422 posts
13,052 battles
20 minutes ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

Hi all :)

I have not really played WoWs for maybe a year and will not probably have time to do so till x mass....

But I have read there is an option to sell Kutuzov/Belfast/Perth for full doubloon price because of smoke changes.

My question is about Kutuzov which I own - how is it doing in current meta? Is it worth keeping or should I sell it now and buy some BB when x mass sale hits the street instead?

THX

Keep. It is more than good enough to keep. Pluss. Noone knows if you can ever buy it back at a later time. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,124 posts
11,662 battles

Try for yourself but if you plan to spend the doubloons on BBs then you should probably not play Kutuzov changes or not...

[ONIX]
Players
1,086 posts
9,030 battles

Just need to be a bit more careful when and where you smoke but other than that absolutely no change whatsoever for Kutuzov, so keep it.

• Cool 1

Players
1,340 posts
3,583 battles

I'd keep it, personally.

My Belfast play hasn't really changed since the update, in fact I think I've improved, so I won't be selling my Belfast.

Kutuzov is a long-range spammer, right? The smoke changes shouldn't really affect your ship either, then.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

Selling Kutuzov would be the worst mistake you will make. I see no performance changes since "nerf". If you performed great in her before the nerf you will do the same today. If you been mediocre before its just time to get better at her. Kutuzov has always been and will always be OP.

Shes the original Russian sniper. Getting detected at 7.7k when firering in smoke should never become a problem in a ship with over 19k range.

If players struggle with her today, it has Nothing to do with the smoke nerf.

I have a whole playlist on her on my Youtube channel @Oldschool gaming if you want some tips and tricks to make her perform great.

• Cool 2

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles

I sold my Kutuzov and Belfast, but I never liked either of them. Even without this change, I would have sold them if I had the chance along with most of my other premium ships. Ultimately it's up to you. The change really doesn't affect either the Kutuzov and Belfast play style much. You have to be more careful, but you don't live long if you aren't careful with those ships anyways. It's why I dislike those ships: much to fragile.

[BYOB]
Players
3,075 posts
11,058 battles
1 hour ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

TY all guys.

Coincidentally Flamu just put a Kutuzov video on YT saying pretty much the same stuff :D

I wanted to link the vid here. :cap_cool:

Just as a side note, I bought the Kutuzov before it was pulled and I'm not going to sell it. This ship is awesome, even without smoke.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,561 battles

Never sell a premium that you enjoy especially if it is withdrawn from sale. Kutuzov is a great credit/Xp earner. I have now soon my Chapayev captain at 19 points, which I then can farm elite XP in Kutuzov with.

I have potatoed a few times with the new smoke rules, been catched by a DD or some ships that walks into the detection range but such things happen (so other ships can fire at me). I must remind myself to be more careful. But I guess I will adjust automatically after a while. But it will be some games that you are catched if you are not willing to gamble you will not be rewarded, to find the balance is the key I think.

[ONIX]
Players
1,086 posts
9,030 battles

Smoke nerf seems to have impacted BBs' brains the most. Expulsed from my own smoke by the NC and Gneisenau. Look at the NC giving full broadside too whilst detected.

Expulsado Kutu.jpg

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles
3 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

Smoke nerf seems to have impacted BBs' brains the most.

Supposing they had a brain.

[ONIX]
Players
1,086 posts
9,030 battles
2 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Supposing they had a brain.

Still watching the drama unfold. They don't.

NC has died after failing to kill a Kutuzov at 10-12km with the help of the Gneisenau (who has run away) and a Bismark.

Final edit: Predictably, we've lost.

[BOBS]
Community Contributor
152 posts
12,918 battles

It is as strong as before. Just you need to be a bit of careful now instead of going no brainer. Do not sell.

[EW_YK]
Players
439 posts
10,686 battles

Well I played both my Belfast and the Kutusov and I can't say anything changed so yes sell them if you really want to but I do not think the smoke changes impacted them one bit.

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

keep them OP. The smoke Nerf isn't that meaningful. I can't imagine aDD rushing a Kutusov/ Belfast smoke in order to spot it. A BB can do that but in that case you're mispositioned in the first place.