Sign in to follow this  
TheBigTurk

BETA GAME CENTRAL MESS UP !

10 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
2,727 battles

I had to format my HDD due to windows 10 messing up as usual.
I downloaded my game once again to find something named "War Gaming Central" in BETA Stage.

I went on normally to install eventhough I had this discomfort of working with a beta....

So I download all 44 GB (Ultra) and BANG ! the game hands me a huge error window...

I uninstall, download the HUUUGE file again, (actually financing WG data storage needs with my internet bandwidth and HDD) to go slapbang into the very same error.

I shot out a ticket with a fancy picture of the error window and am waiting for the reply.
BUT :

WHY ON EARTH  am I mandated to download some central / center I have no use for ? AND IT IS BETA, not even a stable version !

WG, don't you EVER get tired of screwing up ?????

Players
5 posts
2,727 battles

Quick follow up: resetted the PC in hopes of purging any dll's whatsoever barring the game... Result : an EVEN BIGGER Error window with many more details... !!!

Is there any way to download and install the game wihout that crappy central thing ?

Please ????

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,198 battles

Because game center is MANDATORY right? -.- you don't even need it to play the damn game

Also, since when does restarting your PC remove DLLs? Or better yet makes you think it's the game's fault in the first place? You just reinstalled windows right? Well it looks to me as if you'd forgotten to install something. Drivers, framework or a bunch of other "redistributable" applications

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,198 battles
1 minute ago, TheBigTurk said:

You are dead on right.. I am not playing any other WG game... and I have no use for this worthless piece of crap...   

If you really think the GC is at fault try launching the game from the .exe file directly

Players
5 posts
2,727 battles
1 minute ago, domen3 said:

If you really think the GC is at fault try launching the game from the .exe file directly

Gonna try that once I finish downloading.... ONCE MORE !!    :(

Thanks for the sound advice bro.

Players
5 posts
2,727 battles

Anyhow, if all fails, I will re-download my War Thunder and uninstall WoWS once and for all...

Much better graphics and much better gameplay... 

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
537 posts

Well, been running my win10 without a glitch from the get-go and I`ve been running this beta too without a glitch since get-go.

Supertester, Sailing Hamster
334 posts
4,998 battles

oh man... this triggers me. so lets see...

11 hours ago, TheBigTurk said:

I had to format my HDD due to windows 10 messing up as usual.

as usual? so your game did not start anymore and you decided its the OS to blame. why would you format your HDD? windows 10 has a "reset" option that even keeps all of your files. wait, you are not playing WOWS from the same partition, are you?

I downloaded my game once again

see the answer above. just copy the WOWS folder somewhere. that's it. no need for new download/install

I went on normally to install eventhough I had this discomfort of working with a beta....

riiiiiiiight. because you never had a beta software installed. or a game. hint hint

BANG ! the game hands me a huge error window...

very good thinking from you to post also the error message. oh wait...

I uninstall, download the HUUUGE file again

why? just why? all your files are already downloaded in the "updates" folder. oh well...

WHY ON EARTH  am I mandated to download some central / center I have no use for

so you're one of those guys that also hates Steam, Origin, the ubisoft app (forgot the name), GOG client etc?

Quick follow up: resetted the PC in hopes of purging any dll's whatsoever barring the game... Result : an EVEN BIGGER Error window with many more details... !!!

thanks for posting the new details with the new error message. oh wait, again...

Gonna try that once I finish downloading.... ONCE MORE !!    :(

lol, is this the third time? :)))

Anyhow, if all fails, I will re-download my War Thunder and uninstall WoWS once and for all...

right, because it's obviously the game to blame here. ofc you updated the OS, installed all your drivers, the GPU drivers, the MB drivers, all runtimes, DirectX etc. you also checked your HDD for file corruption etc. ofc you did all these, right?

Sign in to follow this