Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Griva

Clan battles prime time change

Time you can play WoWs  

96 members have voted

1. 1. I can play world of warships at [multiple choice and CET time (UTC+1) ]:

• 17:00
    • 18:00
    • 19:00
    • 20:00
    • 21:00
    • 22:00
    • 23:00
    • Other, before 17:00 or after 23:00

35 comments in this topic

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
292 posts
8,685 battles

//EDIT

Fortunately WG did mistake as always :cap_cool: and now it is fixed to 19:00 - 22:00 again.

Anyway still would be nice if we get 4 hours, not only 3.

Simply speaking I think that current clan battles prime time is completely wrong and this is why:

First of all I want to emphasize that we play on EU server and probably as you know amost all countries have CEST time (red)

300px-Time_zones_of_Europe.svg.png

During previous weeks clan wars were available (in my country) from 19:00 - 22:00 and it was acceptable but from today, after time change it is 18:00 - 21:00.

The problem is people don't end work and school 1 hour earlier after this change but clan games start 1h more early now.

Even worse is the fact I realised today that people from england has even less so for them clan wars is 17:00 - 20:00 what is in my opinion completely not acceptable.

As addition I do not understand why WG try to invent wheel again. In world of tanks there are 2 game modes: strongholds and global map and time on global map is changed at the same time as time change.

Also even if we exclude it, on the global map we got time zones from 19 to 22 and yes! 21 zone is the biggest one so what is the reason to have 18-21 here? It was changed many times in tanks because people complained early prime time and you can't still learn how to do this...

Another thing is that most of people play during evenings and CW is too short in general. I can bet many clans "wake up" around 20:00 and from my experience most of people play around 20:00 - 21:00 that is why I really don't understand why we got this strange prime time. We can talk about days of clan wars but I think this is more complicated and I understand that WG wanted to improve MM but Im rly not happy with hours.

I want to add that this is only my opinion and maybe I am wrong now so would be nice if you also vote in poll for time you can play WoWs.

Anyway my proposition of solutions:

• Change clan wars time every half of the year when time is changed to keep it always  19:00 - 22:00 CEST
  • Fix the time of clan wars with longer period aka 18:00 - 22:00 CET

Second one is better imo but share your opinion about this because I think this can be a problem for most of the players.

• Cool 12

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
86 posts
6,906 battles

I completely agree. Not following time change brings confusion, and it denies option to participate in Clan Battles for smaller clans or clans with "older" people who are working during day. Please WG - shift time window to match global time change.

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

So once again WG managed to fail, because they didn't account the daylight saving time, so I came 1 h late to the game... Well played guys, well played.

• Cool 1

[EIRE]
[EIRE]
Beta Tester
326 posts
19,186 battles

Going forward I can't make it for clan wars - finishing at 8pm in England is insanity. Most people can't start until after 8pm. wtf???

[DAVY]
Players
1,538 posts
9,012 battles

they probably just forgot, they'll probably change it on monday...

[OP-B]
[OP-B]
Players
30 posts
6,644 battles
9 minutes ago, Salentine said:

Perhaps, we'll see.

Still I think times are very limited and stop too early. If you ask me it should be 19.00h to 23.00h/00.00h UTC+1 or CET and it should include at least Fridays.

18.00h to 21.00h CET is stupidly early and even worse on UTC+0.

Most of our people are depending on evenings and weekends to play. So for our clan it is hard to get a team before 19.30h CET and probably impossible before 19.00h. Can't imagine we're remotely alone in that.

Players
1,648 posts
12,113 battles
22 minutes ago, Salentine said:

Or maybe not... 

This absurd "primetime" seems intentional. gg WG

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,310 battles

Yeah... So.... wow. Feels like WG wants this mode to fail? 17:00 for UK people, 18:00 for west europe? Yeah, what are these clan battles meant for, people with no jobs or something?

19:00 on a weekday was a stretch for me. 18:00 is going to be an automatic no. Joy, I have been having fun in these clan battles so far (even though I have so far only been able to play on the sundays). Cause contrary to popular believe, I do have a job...

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
Players
1,538 posts
9,012 battles

that seems a little stupid, peak numbers must change with the clocks, people still finish school/work at the same time, not an hour earlier

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
4 hours ago, Griva said:

First of all I want to emphasize that we play on EU server and probably as you know amost all countries have CEST time (red)

it is actually CET time now :Smile_trollface:

but otherwise i agree.. this is really shitty time for CB

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,993 battles

Clan wars should be for four hours every day, they had team battles every day so why not clan wars, also, there should be an option to recruit mercenaries for clans who are unable to get the requisite 7 players for a battle

[POP]
Players
85 posts
4,075 battles

CW prime time should absolutely shift according to winter time changes and even more, it should last one hour longer so more people could participate.

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
292 posts
8,685 battles
2 hours ago, robihr said:

it is actually CET time now :Smile_trollface:

but otherwise i agree.. this is really shitty time for CB

Yeah but its switched every half a year and now we got even worse because previous one was CEST +2 and now |CET +1 if im correct

[COSTS]
[COSTS]
Beta Tester
131 posts
6,929 battles

Obviously WG does not want people with families to play. The fact that people with families also usually have a steady job and can buy more things from the premium shop than say, a 15 year old living at home can seems to have gone right past them, but are we really that surprised?

[SCRUB]
Players
1,975 posts

First of all, time should not change. Period. It is not like trains depart hour earlier of later, because time changes....

It only brings confusion to already flawed 'prime time'.

"The goal would be to have the prime time set to the same local time as before, so 19:00 - 22:00 (UTC+1)" - exactly.

But... Generally speaking WG prefers - instead of admitting they made the wrong call - to defend their 'out of touch with reality' decision.

People work till 17:00 or even 18:00 for crying out loud...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,362 battles

Job is not an issue for me since i work untill 17h, its family. Kids go to bed at 21h, wife needs some attention too... so i can play on average from 22 till midnite... and even that mostly on weekends.

[BLAST]
Players
43 posts
9,742 battles

time totally prevents me from playing, even left the clan as did not think it fair on rest of the team to take up a place without being able to battle.

change times to later (8,9,10,11). or more hours (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,910,11)

or have 1 whole day for clan so people can play when they can.

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
292 posts
8,685 battles
4 hours ago, LilJumpa said:

From my experience they probably just forgot and now fixed it :D

Also nice that they can reply on reddit but on their own forum no reply...

• Cool 2

[BRIT6]
[BRIT6]
Players
64 posts
7,156 battles

This has been causing a logistical nightmare for my guys. We have people from all over the world in the clan and getting us together is hard enough as it is. And now that the clocks have changed we are seriously boned.

[TK1]
WoWs Wiki Team
534 posts
8,497 battles

In my client Wintertime-adjust was rolled back. So it is again 19-22 in Germany. As it was on Saturday before clock was adjusted.

ClanWars.PNG

[SCRUB]
Players
1,975 posts
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Job is not an issue for me since i work untill 17h, its family. Kids go to bed at 21h, wife needs some attention too... so i can play on average from 22 till midnite... and even that mostly on weekends.

So it is an issue with the job. Just not your payed job. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this