Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cherry2blost

Clan Battles timezone

13 comments in this topic

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
17,432 battles

Hey just a thought ,with the clock changes in UK and some parts of Europe the time stamp UTC+2 now means that UK is 17.00 to 20.00 and Mainland EU is 18.00 to 2100.... these are not exactly peak hours for the multitude of players who have to work for a living (and to spend money with WG) how about a change to UTC+3 for the remainder of the CB season?

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
467 posts

Maybe just extend them by an hour?  So keep the current starting time and have it end an hour later.   Let each clan decide when they want to battle.

Where I'm currently playing is GMT +3 so your proposal would have me going to bed at midnight -   I'm a delicate flower who needs his beauty rest.   

(Didn't know that Potatos had flowers, did you?!)  

That being said, I havent done a clan battle yet so my vote should probably be weighed accordingly.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,433 posts
9,234 battles

Pfffffffffft. Really??? You complain and oppose that CW would extend by an hour because your "beaty sleep"??? gtfo, I cant even play them, because I can play the game at 22h + only  ... Ps, nevermind, i misunderstood. I woul like to see cw ftom 20h till 24h....  so everyone would be happy.

[HOO]
Players
1,602 posts
3,129 battles

I suspect the same server cluster is used world wide to support CW across all regions, each region plays at a different time in any 24hr cycle. Changing EU times will impact the rest of the world, so it probably wont happen.

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
732 posts
11,956 battles

The new times are bad for a lot of our members. Some have family and kids. Many are just leaving work at the session start time. I think it's going to be very difficult to get a team together for the mid week sessions now.

[HOO]
Players
467 posts

Countries just need to stop doing daylight savings time... we're not farmers anymore.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
357 posts
14,483 battles

I second Cherry's point (full disclosure, I'm BAD-A 2nd).  My wife isn't in bed till 22.00, so I can't really get on WoWs before then most nights.  It's a real pain to see this going by when it could have been a ranked season.  I'm missing out on good competition.

Az

[DAVY]
Players
1,952 posts
10,732 battles

yup, way to alienate half your player base, GG WG

have clans they said and kept us waiting for a year, ooh and btw you can only have 30 members to start with, ok fine, clans are a way increasing customer longevity, next we'll give you clan battles, but wait, they're only 4 days a week, and we're going restrict the times on those days, and then we'll make it so early most of the older players can't play in them, nice...

[FRM]
Players
8 posts
12,532 battles

Indeed big problem with the scheduled time for clan battles. I have no problem with that limitation of 4 days a week. It give me some free evenings. But the time period (18:00 - 21:00 and even before 19:00 - 22:00) is awful. People that have kids cannot be possibly available so soon. Keep the CB active until at least 23:00 CST or even better until 00:00 CST to accommodate players from Portugal, Ireland or UK.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,858 posts
17,294 battles
6 hours ago, Cruswald said:

Indeed big problem with the scheduled time for clan battles. I have no problem with that limitation of 4 days a week. It give me some free evenings. But the time period (18:00 - 21:00 and even before 19:00 - 22:00) is awful. People that have kids cannot be possibly available so soon. Keep the CB active until at least 23:00 CST or even better until 00:00 CST to accommodate players from Portugal, Ireland or UK.

the limitation as you not only ok but needed.... If you could play any time many would struggle to find match ups.... But they are starting to early I would say best would be 19:00 to 23:00 Central EU time if not 24:00

@Tuccy @Kandly any chance you Guys/Gals can communicate this to the powers that be... 6pm EU time is just to early if there is only a 3 hour window.. Cheers 

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

zeiten.png.5279e7a88bd21146a7321ff758577bde.png

Looks like they changed it back to 1900 - 2200.

Sorry for the German, too lazy to change the language in my client. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts

Captains,

Most of you had one beautiful extra hour in bed last Sunday! That can only mean one thing - the clocks have gone back and daylight saving time has ended. 

We're just letting you know that as of Sunday, 29 October 2017, World of Warships will be using Central European Time (CET) (UTC+1), instead of Central European Summer Time (CEST) (UTC+2)This will continue till 25 March 2018. 

Please note Prime Time times for Clan Battles have changed. EU Prime Time is now 19:00 - 22:00 CET (UTC+1) every Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. 

From the in game news thing.

[BLAST]
Players
43 posts
9,774 battles

because of poor time slots for clan battles im boycotting them until the times are improved to allow all to play, either by adding hours or having whole days for battles.

Sign in to follow this