Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BlackWolf___813

Captains with Skills

51 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
11,732 battles

In this world of rushing and having not much time left over for yr addiction ( WoW ) all things are able t get to play and

earn , earn, earn.  But again needs time.  Cause all things are almost for sale in special store, WHY not buying captains with

more skills. ( 10 ). ( 12 ) ( 15 ) in the store aswell.    So starting a little bit better with good boat and skills.

So in short  Captains for sale with skills for doubloons.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,237 posts
1 minute ago, Dawn_Cruzer said:

So in short  Captains for sale with skills for doubloons.

use doubloons to convert XP to FreeXP and use this FreeXP to train captains...

• Cool 4

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
9 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Could we have a translation to English please?

As far as I understand OP advocates buying captains with more skill points via what sounds like the premium shop with dubloons.

On this note, how about no. Since the implementation of the possibility to use free exp or free captains exp it is already way easier to get a new captain with a lot of skill points than it was before. It is one of the few things this game gives to players who play longer that a new player can't achieve as easily and IMO it should stay how it is.

• Cool 4

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,239 battles

As stated, it is perfectly possible to convert XP to Free XP with doubloons, so it is perfectly possible to 'buy' skill points. The possible  advantage of this system is that it at least means that one has to play some games.The problem will be that it is expensive!

Do it the normal way and once you have a single 19 point captain, you can accrue captain XP and skill up other captains easily. To make skill points simply a matter of cash would make this even more a pay to win game. You don't have to be fantastic to earn the skills - I now have many 19 point captains and but didn't pay for XP for them. Just play!

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,628 battles

Converting Free XP into Captain XP is hugely ineffective, or atleast very very expensive...

Besides some packages have 6 or even 10 point captains. 

Also play for long enough and you'll get free 10+ point captains if you beat operations and weekly missions.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,070 posts
11,021 battles

On the surface this is a good idea to earn money for WG. But practically it would make them lose money, since buying a captain would lower the value of:

-Operations/Events offering Captains as rewards

-Converting XP

-Premium Ships

Why buy a premium ship and play it to train a captain, if you can just P2W one in the store?

Interesting idea, doesn't work.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,941 posts
22,485 battles

well you have been able to bought Hood and G. Cesare the HSF ships f.e. with captains skilled up to 12 points. This is nearing the limits for P2W. The expensive way of converting 1,7 M XP for a 19 p captain means around 50000 doubloons (assuming 35:1 sale). Let it stay that way. Aragathors post above with diminishing value for rewards is also a factor, right now you can win a 12p RU captain f.e.

I do not want to see captains for sale

[NWP]
Players
1,767 posts
12,107 battles
2 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Could we have a translation to English please?

You ought to take some english classes, the purpose of his post is pretty clear to me ( non native speaker ) :cap_cool:

To OP, no thanks. If you want to open your wallet, you can allready buy a 19p captain ( as explained above ).

This is ineffective and that's the way it should be. Captains will "grow" as you progress through the lines. And this part is actually pretty balance imo. I never really felt I needed more captain points on any level when grinding a line. I

Beta Tester
1,841 posts
6,137 battles

Captains for sale, i will second many opinions by saing no. 

A 19 pointer is something you have to work for, i just finished grinding my 4th, only now will i start using tbe Elite XP to bump the other 16 pointers up to 19.

Players
1,058 posts
7,676 battles

There is no need to put captains in the premium shop. You can already buy a 3 point captain for doubloons (or 1 point captain for credits) when recruiting, so the option for getting better captains for doubloons already exists.

[BYOB]
Players
3,070 posts
11,021 battles
26 minutes ago, Agantas said:

There is no need to put captains in the premium shop. You can already buy a 3 point captain for doubloons (or 1 point captain for credits) when recruiting, so the option for getting better captains for doubloons already exists.

With a 3p Captain and a proper combination of events, bonuses, flags, and camos, it is easy to get to 10p.

After 10p it should be  a grind, as the most important skills you need are those four skills you take up to 10p.

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,801 battles

I actually recommend any beginner wanting to settle on the game and to invest a little, to start with the Missouri and a 19pts captain. After this, every other ressource in the game will be for free, and the performance not affected by having to fight veterans with lot of skills on their captains. 

Captain price is ~ 1 700 000 exp.

at 1:35 it means 48 500 doubloons. 

at 400/1€ (Average rate when buying discounted packs again and again) it means ~120€ (could be even less). 

The Missouri will similarly cost ~50€. 

=> For 170€ you buy the whole game for ever. 

Missouri will bring you the credits to get all the tech trees. 

Your first 19pts will bring you a new 19pts captain every month at medium rate of playing. 

[BFS]
Beta Tester
853 posts
5,114 battles

Captains should be ground out and not bought.

As others have already posted if you 'splash the cash' it was possible to buy a 10 point captain in the Guilo Cesare (for instance).    Captains with 10 point skills can also be earn in-game with some contests/achievements.  In the current Black Sea Raid you can unlock a 12 point Russian captain,

I do agree that a 10 point captain can make a big difference especially on a DD where concealment is used.

Beta Tester
1,841 posts
6,137 battles
2 hours ago, PseudoMi said:

I actually recommend any beginner wanting to settle on the game and to invest a little, to start with the Missouri and a 19pts captain. After this, every other ressource in the game will be for free, and the performance not affected by having to fight veterans with lot of skills on their captains. 

at 400/1€ (Average rate when buying discounted packs again and again) it means ~120€ (could be even less). 

Your first 19pts will bring you a new 19pts captain every month at medium rate of playing. 

ok please tell me how someone who starts Wows, he invests 170€ into the game with that in mind, only to find out he has no xp to convert :Smile_trollface:

I think it's best to grind out the first 19 through the tiers, and save the FXP for a free Missouri. :Smile_hiding:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,571 battles

Hi all,

2 hours ago, PseudoMi said:

One 19pt captain with "Missouri" every month? :Smile_hiding:

How on Earth can you earn 1.708.000 EXP in one month with "medium rate of playing"? :Smile_glasses:

Leo "Apollo11"

[DC-DK]
Players
2,065 posts
23,532 battles

If you want a 10 point skill captain it will cost you 7025 doubloons in total without any discount in play. 25 for the 3 point standard and 7000 for converting 175.000 elite XP to free XP.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,065 posts
23,532 battles
3 hours ago, PseudoMi said:

How many beginners have 750.000 XP to convert to get the Missouri?? Yet alone the 1.700.000 next to get a Very expensive 19 point captain? No matter what you have to invest quite some time and effort to get there

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,801 battles
10 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

ok please tell me how someone who starts Wows, he invests 170€ into the game with that in mind, only to find out he has no xp to convert :Smile_trollface:

I think it's best to grind out the first 19 through the tiers, and save the FXP for a free Missouri. :Smile_hiding:

Elite xp is no that difficult to accumulate at the beginning. 

Ok, way more easy would be to buy also Alabama (p2w ship) right at the beginning. It will generate very fast the Exp to convert then it will share the same 19pts captain with Missouri. 

But even without buying another premium, you grind to T7 in no time and generate lot of Exp. 

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,801 battles
10 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

One 19pt captain with "Missouri" every month? :Smile_hiding:

How on Earth can you earn 1.708.000 EXP in one month with "medium rate of playing"? :Smile_glasses:

Leo "Apollo11"

Maybe you are playing more rarely than me, but it’s my own experience. With all the daily bonuses and flags and camos I « land » a new 19pts ~every month since I’ve got my first one.

A victory in high tiers brings 10-30k captain exp, using all goodies to max it. 

the idea is that you generate the next ones with your first one pretty fast.

all you need to have many 19pts is the first 19pts. 

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,801 battles
10 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

How many beginners have 750.000 XP to convert to get the Missouri?? Yet alone the 1.700.000 next to get a Very expensive 19 point captain? No matter what you have to invest quite some time and effort to get there

Some effort, yes. Still, nothing fantastic, and any beginner with a T8 premium or at T7 silver grind will make that Exp really fast. 

Sign in to follow this