Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wtfzazo

Y no T7 IJN Tone/Chikuma CA?

10 comments in this topic

Question

Players
42 posts
1,926 battles

Seriously, why does WG say it is an impossible challenge for them? It is not... It would be interesting gameplay.

What if they make catapult torpedo and dive bombers too? And add two more unique consumables which are those.

Also, theres this option, which gets Tone/Chikuma a weird Defensive fire gimmick - putting those six (?) fighters in the air when activated.

I read Lert on the NA forum answering a similar question that the ship just destroys the game. Why?

9 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,457 posts
7,526 battles

With Tone we are waiting for the right mechanics to use her special trait properly. I mean we could have released her already quite some time ago - but then it would be just as a not too remarkable heavy cruiser (4x2 20cm guns, in a turret layout requiring showing quite a bit of broadside, with a lot of planes you could not really use properly) - basically "Atago, only worse"

So right now she's in the dry dock waiting for something to make her special. Stay tuned :cap_old:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,409 battles
18 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

Atago is a Mogami with worse gun arcs.

Ishizuchi. This is an Amagi with 305mm/45 instead of 410mm/45 with bad HE and AP shells, and the slowest battlecruiser out of all five in the game (except for Myogi and Kongo with stock propulsion)

Actually Atago is a Myoko with improved torpedo arcs. And a heal.

Ishizuchi and Amagi aren't even the same ship, no idea what's your point there

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,409 battles
17 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

I don't know... Maybe they will put in some stupid gimmick, add some more upgrade slots, idk... and hopefully put the top Amagi propulsion, because 30 knots... isnt bad.

But then again, it is the same ship. Downtiered.

I don't get it, thats like adding a tier 5 Kinugasa, which would be the same as the Aoba (sister ship). The only difference from Furutaka would be 0,5kn more speed and 4 seconds improved reload rate.

Well, the top Furutaka we have right now is basically Aoba, isn't it? As far as I remember Furutaka should have those 6x 1 barrel turrets like she used to (maybe she still does with the stock hull? haven't played her in a long while)

And trust me, I'd rather play the old A hull Nagato in a tier 10 game (was a thing actually, back when we still had the +/- 3 MM) than the old A hull Amagi in tier 8 game. It was just horrible.

Beta Tester
835 posts
13,225 battles

WG cant balance CV,s properly, yet you want a CA with CV characteristics? Get real, it will only happent when WG runs out of ideas on premiums to milk the community for cash, and use it as a last resort.

Players
42 posts
1,926 battles

Your being partially right, considering that:

Eugen = Hipper with more health.

Oleg = Bogatyr with more health once again.

Mutsu = Nagato with less health, 0,1 less range, less armor, higher speed and torpedus.

What else?

Tachibana = Umikaze with the 120mm's deactivated and its 76,2 secondaries put as main guns instead, with worse torps too.

Atago is a Mogami with worse gun arcs.

Murmansk and Marblehead are a better and a worse Omaha-class, respectively.

After QE was additioned as the T6 UK BB, Warspite is pretty much... [edited] now. Has less health and less armor too. The AA is the worst of all T6 battleships, since Fuso actually has +2 (I think) AA guns rating.

Ishizuchi. This is an Amagi with 305mm/45 instead of 410mm/45 with bad HE and AP shells, and the slowest battlecruiser out of all five in the game (except for Myogi and Kongo with stock propulsion)

Players
42 posts
1,926 battles
Just now, wilkatis_LV said:

Actually Atago is a Myoko with improved torpedo arcs. And a heal.

Ishizuchi and Amagi aren't even the same ship, no idea what's your point there

Turret layout. :3 Sure they are... I mean, the design would be similar. I heard something like they are planning to put the stock hull Amagi as its planned sister Ashitaka at T6 or 7.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,409 battles
5 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

Turret layout. :3 Sure they are... I mean, the design would be similar. I heard something like they are planning to put the stock hull Amagi as its planned sister Ashitaka at T6 or 7.

Well, the turret layout is pretty much the same for IJN BBs from 4 to 8, just that number of turrets changes.

And yeah, at tier 7. The ship was actually called Takao, but hey, "people might mistake a CA and a BB" apparently. And if it's really going to be like the old stock Amagi - I'm already laughing at everyone who buys her. That ship, hell no, never again.

Players
42 posts
1,926 battles

I don't know... Maybe they will put in some stupid gimmick, add some more upgrade slots, idk... and hopefully put the top Amagi propulsion, because 30 knots... isnt bad.

But then again, it is the same ship. Downtiered.

I don't get it, thats like adding a tier 5 Kinugasa, which would be the same as the Aoba (sister ship). The only difference from Furutaka would be 0,5kn more speed and 4 seconds improved reload rate.

Players
42 posts
1,926 battles

Not really. 11 sec reload on the Aoba and 15 - on the Furry Taco. And the 6x1 guns are pretty much impractical... with the 2x3 A-B-C you can have four guns forward, as opposed to only two on the A and B hulls. Also Aoba has 0,5kn more speed.

Oh and, actually Amagi might be really useless firepower only due to this turret positioning... Can basically get 75% firepower only most of the time, this 3rd turret arc is just bad if I see it right in the game model, probably worse than New York's. It can fire only broadside at most, due to the clutter infront of it. Idk, I am at nagato right now and not really satisfied. I got 100k+ damage in the Fuso twice... Only once (and it was a defeat) in Nagato so far.

And this was for cruiser Tone, was it not? :cap_rambo:

Sign in to follow this