You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tekacko

Just ragesold the Yugumo

51 comments in this topic

Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
Spoiler
On 10/28/2017 at 7:46 PM, Tekacko said:

After 23 matches and 30 percent WR and almost smashing both my keyboard and monitor I finally did it. I am free and sane yet again.

Trash.png.fc01fc687d99522fc3dc1864adf645c7.png

Words can´t describe the spite and loathing I have for this piece of junk.

What was WG thinking when they "rebalanced" the IJN DDs?

First of all, unless I am willing to throw away 60k free EXP this junk is pretty much just an uptiered Kagero with a little bit faster torp reload. Really nice...

WG ofc gives one the illusion of choice between smoke and the TRB, but there really isn´t a choice to be made.

There is virtually 0 reason to run smoke. If running smoke, lets just compare it to the Fletcher (since I am looking for reason to pick this over it)

The Fletcher has:

Better torps (more AND better concealed)

Better guns

More HP

Better smoke

Def AA

Faster

Yugumo has:

Slightly better concealment.

Right, so smoke is obviously trash, so you can pretty much only pick the TRB.

This of course means you are at the CV´s mercy since trash AA.

And you can´t properly contest caps either.

So I guess if I pick the TRB then the torps are going to be the ship´s saving grace? Oh God no, by no means. They are pretty damn bad actually.

1.7km concealment? Really? So the "torpedoboat line" has the worst goddamn torps out of all the DDs?

I just can´t describe how horribly inconsistent those torps are. Had a match where I launched at a GK sailing in a straight line, yet he actually managed to turn into them when he spotted them and passed without taking a single hit...

This actually brings me to my biggest gripe... the torpedo spreads.

WHY ARE THEY SO GODDAMN HORRIBLE?

Why do there have to be BB sized gaps even when launching from 6km? Every goddamn potato only needs to turn into them, and will take MAYBE one hit. All the while I have to sit around for 90 seconds doing nothing (if I had smoke I could maybe smoke up and try to get a fire going...)

Seriously WG, is it so difficult to make those goddamn IJN DDs competitive?

Is it so difficult to buff the torp concealment to 1.2 - 1.3 km on all T8 - T10 IJN DDs? It really isn´t rocket science...

(I would also be really happy if the 20km Shima torps got removed, but I guess WG needs Doubloon/Free XP sinks...)

Rant off, burned 160k free XP and got the Shima, which I will maybe play after the torps get buffed. Fun times.

you sold best DD hunter in that game.....

...we all have cursed ships. I have few such DDs 1CV and 1 CA xD....

• Cool 1

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,602 posts
10,364 battles

Right...who did this.....who revived this old thread?

image.png.fbce602afa7de51507560f7aff7868ff.png

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

1.2M Free Xp on my Kagero. Loved the damn thing before the Harekaze came along.

I am actually saving up to rebuy the Yugumo having been on the receiving end of several good players. I think the IJN line is something that suits your play style or not. For me, the Tashkent is the worst tier IX DD.

[WOTN]
Players
449 posts
6,827 battles

Assume there is a radar cruiser behind every rock, and you`ll have way better time with Yugummy.

Players
28 posts
2,178 battles

I got this ship recently and I'm loving it. Granted there are some bitter losses when CV wont give you support and you get spotted and deleted, but it has been fun and I'm over halfway to Shimakaze already. I got a question however when it comes to torpedoes...so far I've been using stock torpedoes but I'm tempted to upgrading them but I dont know to witch version. Longer range is nice really but there are a lot of people that are skilled at dodging torpedoes. Faster ones seems the most obvious choice, but would love to hear input from people who are good at driving this ship.

• Funny 1

Players
1,803 posts
4,631 battles
44 minutes ago, Schlieffenplan said:

I got this ship recently and I'm loving it. Granted there are some bitter losses when CV wont give you support and you get spotted and deleted, but it has been fun and I'm over halfway to Shimakaze already. I got a question however when it comes to torpedoes...so far I've been using stock torpedoes but I'm tempted to upgrading them but I dont know to witch version. Longer range is nice really but there are a lot of people that are skilled at dodging torpedoes. Faster ones seems the most obvious choice, but would love to hear input from people who are good at driving this ship.

Firstly

8496997939_3594617d5d.jpg

Secondly, For general use you want to upgrade to the 12km Mod.3 torps. They occlude the radar range of all ships you will meet (Russian Bias-dar is 11.7km).

If you're feeling brave take the 8km F3s. I remember running a Yuugumo build that ran with both the F3s and TRB at one point in time. You can get some crazy epic BB kills, but just be aware that if the enemy team is rather radar-heavy you will struggle to do significant damage.

I would recommend trying the ship a couple times with both options until you get the feel for what you want.

When you unlock Shimakaze, your only real torpedo options are the Mod.3s and the F3s anyway (use your FXP to skip the 20km torps, they have stupidly bad detection ranges).

Players
28 posts
2,178 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Firstly

8496997939_3594617d5d.jpg

I googled and I saw that the thread had already been necroed so I decided my question didn't deserve a thread of its own :fish_book:

Secondly, For general use you want to upgrade to the 12km Mod.3 torps. They occlude the radar range of all ships you will meet (Russian Bias-dar is 11.7km).

If you're feeling brave take the 8km F3s. I remember running a Yuugumo build that ran with both the F3s and TRB at one point in time. You can get some crazy epic BB kills, but just be aware that if the enemy team is rather radar-heavy you will struggle to do significant damage.

I would recommend trying the ship a couple times with both options until you get the feel for what you want.

When you unlock Shimakaze, your only real torpedo options are the Mod.3s and the F3s anyway (use your FXP to skip the 20km torps, they have stupidly bad detection ranges).

Before I read your reply I went with the F3's, not sure how I feel about it yet. Looking forward to exploring this fantastic ship. Thanks for your input. 

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,490 battles
On 10/28/2017 at 11:56 PM, Cosseria said:

I'm having a similar problem with the Fletcher. The amount of XP to gather in order to reach the upgraded torps is insane, and the stock torps are useless. I'm not enjoying the ship at all (I prefer the Tashkent BY FAR) and keeping it only to join my clan mates in T X divisions. But I'm confident things will get better once I'll unlock the top torps (and maybe a counterskill for radar will be introduced).

Wow. Both are are different in play style. Apples and oranges here. 

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,623 battles

You have the best Conceilment a DD can get in your tir range and you get acess to Shima 12 km range torps. Sure you cant outfight a one at one agist anything but another IJN DD but if your are forced to your team dont want to win anyhow.....keep enemy DDs spoted if they smoke up torp their smoke. Your main problem are other yugumos and kagaros and soon Lightlings and corsaks to a greater degree because thease are stupidly stealthy for their firepower....

• Cool 2

Players
743 posts
8,757 battles
On 10/29/2017 at 5:24 AM, El2aZeR said:

Just get a Fletcher if you wanna play a torp boat. High tier IJN DDs are a lost cause and have been for some time.

Or Change Mu. 0.8km detection on 68 kt,  10.5 km, 20k damage torps.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,851 battles
On 28.10.2017 at 6:46 PM, Tekacko said:

Why do there have to be BB sized gaps even when launching from 6km? Every goddamn potato only needs to turn into them, and will take MAYBE one hit. 

IJN spread means that you actually have to stack the torpedo salvos on top of each other, to fill the big gaps. 

Are the torps kind of weak considering their reaction time and spread? Yes. But I do not want more 20km Shimas, so I don't care to be honest. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,257 posts
7,485 battles

Yugumo is the crown jewel of the IJN torp boat line..

really.. incredible ship.

May be she is not for your style, or may be you need to play and learn more of her.. But she is absolutely a monster.

After kagero, she is a definite upgrade in every aspect....

Yes playing IJN Torp Boat line is not an easy task in general..

but a very fun and exiting experience indeed..

But at this point, I would like to point out that, I love Dark souls frenchise too.. and love to play Dead space on insane difficulty!

SHOOT THE LIMBS!!

SHOOT THE LIMBS!!!

omg omg omg omg!!!

ok nurse is calling me! It is candy Timee!!! Horaaay!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
71 posts
24,570 battles

Still better than Izumo..

It has good concealment, use that to bully other dds in caps.

Did solo warrior with her.

Beta Tester
1,480 posts
9,971 battles
On 2017-10-28 at 6:46 PM, Tekacko said:

After 23 matches and 30 percent WR and almost smashing both my keyboard and monitor I finally did it. I am free and sane yet again.

Trash.png.fc01fc687d99522fc3dc1864adf645c7.png

Words can´t describe the spite and loathing I have for this piece of junk.

What was WG thinking when they "rebalanced" the IJN DDs?

First of all, unless I am willing to throw away 60k free EXP this junk is pretty much just an uptiered Kagero with a little bit faster torp reload. Really nice...

WG ofc gives one the illusion of choice between smoke and the TRB, but there really isn´t a choice to be made.

There is virtually 0 reason to run smoke. If running smoke, lets just compare it to the Fletcher (since I am looking for reason to pick this over it)

The Fletcher has:

Better torps (more AND better concealed)

Better guns

More HP

Better smoke

Def AA

Faster

Yugumo has:

Slightly better concealment.

Right, so smoke is obviously trash, so you can pretty much only pick the TRB.

This of course means you are at the CV´s mercy since trash AA.

And you can´t properly contest caps either.

So I guess if I pick the TRB then the torps are going to be the ship´s saving grace? Oh God no, by no means. They are pretty damn bad actually.

1.7km concealment? Really? So the "torpedoboat line" has the worst goddamn torps out of all the DDs?

I just can´t describe how horribly inconsistent those torps are. Had a match where I launched at a GK sailing in a straight line, yet he actually managed to turn into them when he spotted them and passed without taking a single hit...

Why do there have to be BB sized gaps even when launching from 6km? Every goddamn potato only needs to turn into them, and will take MAYBE one hit. All the while I have to sit around for 90 seconds doing nothing (if I had smoke I could maybe smoke up and try to get a fire going...)

Seriously WG, is it so difficult to make those goddamn IJN DDs competitive?

Is it so difficult to buff the torp concealment to 1.2 - 1.3 km on all T8 - T10 IJN DDs? It really isn´t rocket science...

(I would also be really happy if the 20km Shima torps got removed, but I guess WG needs Doubloon/Free XP sinks...)

Rant off, burned 160k free XP and got the Shima, which I will maybe play after the torps get buffed. Fun times.

You just need to understand how to play the ship. Im a DD main and IJN DD line was the first line ive ever grinded, and I can tell you that not counting Harugumo and her 2 sisters, Yugumo is the most powerful ship of all IJN DDs, much better then Shimakaze.

image.thumb.png.1e83304c56ececf369242e924a5cd93f.png

Id say that out of all my ships (pretty much have all ships in the game) Yugumo is atleast top 5!! I play this ship every time i play. Just the ability to stack floods on floods and totally wreck an entire flank is just to good.

So, buy it back and just train hard in it, I can guarantee you wont get disappointed. 

• Cool 3

[KWM]
Players
40 posts

It's funny how different ships suit different players.

I have 61% WR in Yugumo and 52% in Fletch, think I have much more games in the Yugu cos I like it so much.

I play it in solo randoms with TRB so I don't succumb to the temptation of using smoke. In fact I don't like using smoke at all, I can never make it work for me. I sold my Shima and use my Yugu for high tier.

Interestingly I love playing the Zao and Minotaur, am average in the Zao (but getting better) and howling bad in the Mino (even tho I love it, even losing games tend to be fun in it).

Yugu was crap at recent T9 Ranked from Rank 10 though, or maybe it was me that was crap. :cat_cool:

[KAKE]
Players
1,879 posts
4,318 battles

Raised from the dead not just once, but twice. Impressive.

• Funny 1

[-BSH-]
Players
340 posts
612 battles

If you know how to handle her, Yugumo is the best IJN DD ingame relatively to abilities and it‘s class and I‘d say the best tier 9 DD atm though it‘s close between her and Fletcher.

According to DDs, the IJN line is the easiest line to start with - because of the stealth (-torping) - but he toughest line to master and play on a really good level.

I‘d recommend the no smoke-set - might also improve ones map (and Radar) awareness.

Even without smoke you can contest bases and even with those IJN torp-line ships you can contest gunboats chasing you with your rearguns.

Isolated 1 on 1 I won‘t fear a Kita, Fletcher, Z-46 and stuff like that.. often saw so called gunboats changing their minds after they took 4K and 3k salvos one after another and got unexpectedly shredded... hitting above 50% with your guns is absolutely mandatory though, plus u should know how to handle your dropping schemes with torps.

There are some decent reviews and tips in the german board especially for IJN setups and captains.

Yugu is like the whole IJN line.. easy to start with, tough to master.

good luck :etc_hide_turtle:

• Cool 1

[KWM]
Players
40 posts
On 3/14/2019 at 12:37 PM, The_Finnster said:

DB9CC910-484F-4F6A-92D1-6E2DB4A7ECA0.png.eefda50903ce88de64f97cdfe411e0d2.png

On 3/14/2019 at 12:44 PM, Uglesett said:

At last, I have achieved something in this game. Do I get doubloons?

[PAPAT]
Players
338 posts
12,135 battles
On 3/14/2019 at 2:44 PM, Uglesett said:

Well, the ship is that impressive it deserves this. :cap_rambo:

[-LED-]
Players
3 posts

Yugumo is very technical DD. I have succeeded to get very low detectability on mine, so I can get very close to (radarless) targets. If there is a CV, switching off AA to keep a very low profile also works. It's a question of playing cat and mouse with the rocket squadrons then. It takes many games to get used to it.

[BONI]
Players
1,256 posts
11,383 battles

Post-rework, I don't even know why anyone would want to go past Fubuki. You want smoke and/or good AA to deal with CVs, while ideally not being in a tier that has radar. Fubuki has the smoke, a BB's worth of 25mm AA, and also no radar at t6. Oh, and it's not reliant on a consumable that makes it even more vulnerable to CVs. You put out a lot more torps than Yugumo without its TRB.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,651 posts
12,621 battles

-- nvm didn't notice the date, apologies --

• Funny 1