Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Nimfernal_

Strafing changed ?

21 comments in this topic

[D-P-B]
Players
22 posts
13,000 battles

Hey guys, first of all sorry if i missed relevant topic, so did anyone else noticed the strafing for the CV fighters had been changed since last patch or is it just me ? I have noticed a change, for example, in the totally not OP Saipan, strafing method - let's say when you are locked with enemy fighters and you straf, lets say the close by TB squad, fighter squad used to go right after the command is issued, and wipe the TB squad. Now the fighter group makes 1-3 sec circling and then strafs. Was this changed and i missed the patch notes or .... ? 

[D-P-B]
Players
22 posts
13,000 battles

Well, i suspected it as well, but its going on for 3 days, that's why i am asking. Will try on min requirements,maybe somewhere there is my issue, thanks.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

The UI is broken tbh. I've had instances where I've clicked to strafe in, tried to strafe out with a full squadrons with loads of ammo and it just refuses to actually strafe out. Thus I end up strafing my own planes because they just refuse to follow commands. It's beyond a pain in the backside, it's a joke. I honestly think WG have no idea on how to actually code an RTS style UI. It simply can't keep up with the APM you need to input in order to perform at CV's especially in high tier fighter play jockeying for the best position and time to strafe.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,413 battles

It has always been a thing, at least since you can strafe out of a fighter lock.

Sometimes you strafe out immediately, sometimes it loops around the enemy squad and then strafes. It's not new

I'm guessing it has something to do with the direction your fighters were heading when they got locked and the direction where you are strafing now

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It has always been a thing, at least since you can strafe out of a fighter lock.

Sometimes you strafe out immediately, sometimes it loops around the enemy squad and then strafes. It's not new

I'm guessing it has something to do with the direction your fighters were heading when they got locked and the direction where you are strafing now

That is a thing yes, however I've had times where it refuses to even lock a strafe. You can click as many times as you like and it won't lock. Thus your planes just sit there and you can't actually do anything about it.

Players
1,565 posts
10,241 battles
Just now, Drunken_Jedi said:

That is a thing yes, however I've had times where it refuses to even lock a strafe. You can click as many times as you like and it won't lock. Thus your planes just sit there and you can't actually do anything about it.

You cant strafe if you are  engaged by 2 fighters , this is my opinion. Never bothered to test it, but in most of cases I can not strafe out when i get engaged by 2 fighter squadrons.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,413 battles
2 minutes ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

I've had instances where I've clicked to strafe in, tried to strafe out with a full squadrons with loads of ammo and it just refuses to actually strafe out.

Because your squad is locked in just from the enemy side.

Sometimes in a fighter lock game doesn't recognize the "unwilling" participant (the guy who got locked) as locked in fighter duel, so you can't strife out of it.

Fix to that is just giving the locked squad a command to engage the enemy that is locking it, after which you can strafe out, but it doesn't help when there is already a squad coming in and strafing over them :Smile_trollface:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,413 battles
2 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

You cant strafe if you are  engaged by 2 fighters , this is my opinion. Never bothered to test it, but in most of cases I can not strafe out when i get engaged by 2 fighter squadrons.

You can, check my previous comment for the "fix". It's just the game screwing up

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Sometimes in a fighter lock game doesn't recognize the "unwilling" participant (the guy who got locked) as locked in fighter duel, so you can't strife out of it.

Fix to that is just giving the locked squad a command to engage the enemy that is locking it, after which you can strafe out, but it doesn't help when there is already a squad coming in and strafing over them :Smile_trollface:

Thanks, I'll have to test this. So messed up if true, shows how broken the UI is in that case. Not that WG would have you think so, they "fixed" it already in this great Year of the CV they kept babbling on about while shafting the class at every opportunity.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,413 battles
2 minutes ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

Thanks, I'll have to test this. So messed up if true, shows how broken the UI is in that case. Not that WG would have you think so, they "fixed" it already in this great Year of the CV they kept babbling on about while shafting the class at every opportunity.

No CV = No problem

the perfect solution :Smile_trollface:

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

More like "The Final Solution"...

It's true though that WG have a habit of sidelining CV's where they can. Removal from Clan Wars, make them more unforgiving at high tiers with the insane amount of AAA floating around up there. Removal of manual drops for low tiers, so when they get to mid tier CV's they don't even understand the basics of CV play. Then there's the complete joke of t5 CV's meeting t6 CV's who can manual drop and strafe while the t5 can not... COMPLETELY BALANCED.

Edited by Drunken_Jedi

[SCRUB]
Players
3,628 posts
12,388 battles
8 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I can confirm this.

[D-P-B]
Players
22 posts
13,000 battles

Thanks for the support guys, found my issue - obviously my Nvidia 940 is a blob... After disabling "animate small objects" everything works as it used to.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles
1 hour ago, _Nimfernal_ said:

Thanks for the support guys, found my issue - obviously my Nvidia 940 is a blob... After disabling "animate small objects" everything works as it used to.

Ouch, yeah... that's a somewhat antiquated GPU now :cap_old:. I run a GTX 970 it's overclocked but even that is getting quite long in the tooth now. I'd love to upgrade to a 1080ti... unfortunately real life has many ways of munching through my monthly salary leaving such things as wishful thinking! Although I might be in for a bumper pay check since work have been underpaying me for two months now since I went up a grade... alas that will all be going towards paying off my Yamaha MT-09 Tracer PCP!

It also doesn't help that I'm such a magpie for premiums and historical premium camouflage lol. :cap_money:

I need to either, one... marry a really rich lass or two win the lottery. Not sure which is more statistically unlikely haha!

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,780 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Yes, while you are locked by Squad A, your command is to engage Squad B (after that). 

Since you can only strafe out when engaging yourself, you must of course engage squad A (which is locking you). 

I don't understand why you have to engage before strafing out, it is most probably just another bug in that silly UI.  

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,597 posts
16,720 battles
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It should be noted that there is a bug with the bug as well (*bugception intensifies*). From time to time when your squad is only locked from the enemy side your squad will not accept any commands, even if you tell them to attack the enemy squad that's currently engaging them. No fix for that, you'll just have to accept that your squad is going to get wiped and play accordingly.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,413 battles
19 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

The IU strafe "bugs" are actually just WG building RNG into CV mechanics :cap_haloween:

Then what are the DBs? :cap_haloween:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Then what are the DBs? :cap_haloween:

Only for USN lol.... IJN strangely gets a far more reliable drop circle with manual drop.

Strafe is a bit ridiculous in seriousness though. Sometimes you get a crazy rubber band effect where the strafe starts out of the actual zone and seems to murder stuff randomly too :cap_wander:

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
6,019 posts
12,306 battles

Guys, don't you all realize that this is part of WGs big CV rework?

The UI sucks at manual drops/strafes because WG will remove them anyways and make autodrop only for all tiers :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this