Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Praetorias

Crap smoke mechanics?

29 comments in this topic

[ANVIL]
[ANVIL]
Beta Tester
99 posts
7,852 battles

Is this right, now sitting in a dd with 5.4 detection range, not firing a cruiser can detect me as he approaches from 5/6 km when before had to be a lot closer? 

If this is right, then smoke and dd play is broken, does not make any sense being able to see someone if enveloped in smoke from that range.  Crap

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,200 battles

what tier? you still have both radar and hydro that can spot you just fine in a smokescreen.

(and going from what I see in randoms, most people don't know about radar, since they smoke up and slow down WHILE being radared by me quite often).

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

Without Hydro/Radar he can't.

If you don't fire, nothing changed.

If you fire, you'll bloom to something between two and three kilometres.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Someone clubed your fujin back?

That a player with so many battles makes such asinine questions...

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
1 hour ago, Praetorias said:

Tier 5

So it's probably Fujin/Mine-/Kamikaze. Since you shoudn't shoot in those //edit: in that scenario, I'm talking about sitting in smoke with a cruiser nearby, as I said before, mechanic didn't change.

[ANVIL]
[ANVIL]
Beta Tester
99 posts
7,852 battles

Where is it asinine, not firing, no detection mechanics like radar or sonar in battle, so does not make sense.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 minutes ago, Praetorias said:

Where is it asinine, not firing, no detection mechanics like radar or sonar in battle, so does not make sense.

Considering theres a bunch of ships with sonar at that tier...

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

There is no way you can be detected in given scenario.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 minute ago, SeeteufeI said:

There is no way you can be detected in given scenario.

Given he does not really know the "scenario", because you cant really see out of smoke, why?

Cruisers at the tier have 4k sonar, I dont think the OP can judge the time-distance properly, he just got outclubed, deal with it.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
3 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Given he does not really know the "scenario", because you cant really see out of smoke, why?

Cruisers at the tier have 4k sonar, I dont think the OP can judge the time-distance properly, he just got outclubed, deal with it.

We both mentioned hydro/radar. He said no. So, smoked up, no hydro/sonar, not firing. Detection >2 km not possible to me.

My point actually was that his scenario is wrong, cause not possible...

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

We both mentioned hydro/radar. He said no. So, smoked up, no hydro/sonar, not firing. Detection >2 km not possible to me.

Where is the replay to back up his "no hydro" claim? I will rather go with my "OP lacks awareness and comes to complain to the forums".

Seems much more plausible than some masonic conspiracy to detect the sealclubing activities of the OP, right?

Edit to add: since Im a DD main myself, can tell you that nothing outside the announced changes has been felt by me, no special smoke detection fails.

[CATS]
Players
19,850 posts
12,377 battles
20 minutes ago, Praetorias said:

Is this right, now sitting in a dd with 5.4 detection range, not firing a cruiser can detect me as he approaches from 5/6 km when before had to be a lot closer? 

If this is right, then smoke and dd play is broken, does not make any sense being able to see someone if enveloped in smoke from that range.  Crap

Which DD has 5.4km detection when firing from smoke?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Which DD has 5.4km detection when firing from smoke?

Minotaur :Smile_trollface:

Alpha Tester
1,934 posts
6,161 battles

Maybe another destroyer was closer and spotted you for the cruiser? A replay would have been nice though, but I guess your dog ate the file? :Smile-_tongue:

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

If Praetorias cannot remember if he sits in a DD or CL then we have the problem right here,

+five tiers difference...

@Praetorias

But seriously, I think you screwed up here. 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
1 minute ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Maybe another destroyer was closer and spotted you for the cruiser?

Then that DD should've been spotted, too. That would be another awareness issue.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,423 posts
9,203 battles

The Neptunes 6.5 when firing from smoke is depressing. It makes a hard ship to play ultra hard.

Alpha Tester
1,934 posts
6,161 battles
23 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Then that DD should've been spotted, too. That would be another awareness issue.

I assumed that he fired his guns because if he wasn't spotted by hydro, there isn't much else that could have done it. One possibility is that the smoke puff he was hiding in disappeared at the moment the cruiser came close and that he didn't notice it because it wasn't the last puff (thus the timer was still counting down).

[SCRUB]
Players
3,628 posts
12,324 battles
49 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

So it's probably Fujin/Mine-/Kamikaze. Since you shoudn't shoot in those, as I said before, mechanic didn't change.

Why not?

Guns deal damage in a DD fight. They start fires on bigger ships...

Way too many times I see IJN DDs refusing to use their guns; losing a gunfight against another DD without shooting that DD once.

Even if you know you'll lose the gunfight, at least shoot the enemy to lower his health (which will help your allies).

You have guns, use them (wisely).

Any player saying IJN DDs shouldn't use their guns, I can't take seriously.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
6 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Why not?

[...]

58 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

So it's probably Fujin/Mine-/Kamikaze. Since you shoudn't shoot in those //edit: in that scenario, as I said before, mechanic didn't change.

You're 100% right, I wasn't clear enough on this one, sorry. I didn't mean they shouldn't use them at all.

I'm glad every time an enemy IJN DD doesn't fire back at me in a gunfight. Especially those four backfiring Shimakaze guns are nasty when they are running for example.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,380 battles
1 hour ago, Praetorias said:

5.4km? So one of the Minikazes. 5 / 6km? Only 3 ships can spot you from that distance at that tier - Atlanta, Belfast and Indianapolis - all 3 with their radar.

Hydro at this tier would be around 4....4,5km if I remember correctly, your firing from smoke should be about 2,6km, proximity detection is 2km and proximity with... vigilance?... is 3km.

For the "no radar / hydro" claim we obviously would need a replay...

1 hour ago, SeeteufeI said:

So it's probably Fujin/Mine-/Kamikaze. Since you shoudn't shoot in those, as I said before, mechanic didn't change.

Dude, this is just wrong. There are enough people unaware their DDs have guns, don't spread that idiotism to others

[SCRUB]
Players
3,628 posts
12,324 battles
7 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

You're 100% right, I wasn't clear enough on this one, sorry. I didn't mean they shouldn't use them at all.

I'm glad every time an enemy IJN DD doesn't fire back at me in a gunfight. Especially those four backfiring Shimakaze guns are nasty when they are running for example.

My excuses, I misread what you meant.

" You are only allowed to give 10 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today. "

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
4 minutes ago, lup3s said:

My excuses, I misread what you meant.

" You are only allowed to give 10 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today. "

No problem, I wasn't clear enough. If something is misread, it's mostly the author's fault! ;)

Sign in to follow this