Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OOAndreasOO

Halloween event

26 comments in this topic

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,919 battles

It's only for me or the tasks of this event are too much difficult to be completed?

Last Halloween i complete the full task a lot of time.

This time both in first and second task i not overpass the 4 stars

The second task i won just one time in about 20 games....and i'm a player over average.

I stop play this event because losing continuosly is only a waste of time.

...That's not funny, and I think a lot of ppl find it boring too.

(yes...i know in this forum is full of superplayers...I'm sorry, this is only normal player opinion)

Beta Tester
2,334 posts

You need good CV player  to get the most of stars, so play CV yourself or play with some CV player you can trust.

Eclipse spam in the later part of the game is important to buy time for the 2nd tower and keep your team from being overwhelmed by sheer number of bots.

Global heal can keep Igor and Jackal alive for later part which increases a lot of your team firepower when the filch become too big (They can keep your targets on fire when you cannot due to visibility debuff)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,179 posts
6,766 battles

Did the 1st one after a few attempts, did the 2nd within a few hours of its release. And with a CV being absolute mong at that.

Nothing impossible here

Players
3,313 posts
5,751 battles
11 hours ago, OOAndreasOO said:

I stop play this event because losing continuosly is only a waste of time.

Open a thread here, ask for people that like to play the event, gather 6 more people that know how to play, win. easy solution?

• Cool 1

Players
1,071 posts
8,134 battles
14 hours ago, OOAndreasOO said:

...That's not funny, and I think a lot of ppl find it boring too.

This is because this halloween event actually require some teamwork and usage of brain from all players involved. DDs are pretty much useless in this mode. The best ship is CV, it is VERY important to have a competent CV on the team, as he MUST heal the team and incapacitate the enemy ships at the right times. It requires BBs that actually deal decent damage, because all healing in this game mode is dependent on how much damage every player individually deals. Cruiser have insane DPM with their heal consumable too. All consumables from all players have to be used wisely. This game mode is actually challenging and very hard to get 5 stars with randoms only. A BB player with brain also does not harm, because he can complete 2 main tasks by himself with the help of the invulnerable consumable.

Part 1 of this event was just sailing braindead through the map and pew pew some red stuff, while part 2 requires coordination and some competent team mates.

This might help too

[H_FAN]
Players
1,938 posts
22,448 battles

True but accept that despite being random and decent it takes a few games to learn and master. I have succeeded 1 in 3 games w 2 stars and my goal is 3-4 stars, i will play the games a few times after all ypu get decent elite captain XP so it is not entirely wasted. I have play cruiser  twice and BB once and it is easy to get lost in the mist, suddenly the bots are so many so it is more a questin of survival as long as possible. I will not play DD or CV.

Yes sure the teams are useless sometimes/often in operations but some times the tolerance level is far too low. When people have the time if they like it to play a few times the results will be better for those, it is just that you can not have too many new players in the team. But several like myself have hardly have time to play a lot yet or study, today is the first non-work day.

Beta Tester
3,894 posts
13,807 battles

It all depends on the team you get.

I played it only three times now and got one loss, one two star and one four star victory. For the loss the team was horrible. Two star win came with a full random team and the four star victory was done by 4 randoms and a 3 man division.

So good team (best: 7 man division of Unicorns) means better chance for a 5 star win.

[CAIN]
Players
2,731 posts
10,858 battles

So far i only had $hit teams with the biggest re7ards.

BBs went to the second tower to snipe from there and realized their range is too short, so the waited there.

Beta Tester
3,894 posts
13,807 battles
19 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

BBs went to the second tower to snipe from there and realized their range is too short, so the waited there.

sounds like the typical weekend BaBBies found their way into the Halloween event. :cap_haloween:

[CAIN]
Players
2,731 posts
10,858 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

sounds like the typical weekend BaBBies found their way into the Halloween event. :cap_haloween:

Yea, i was kinda hoping that people would at least look at the stats of the ships in port...

But i got lucky and met @havaduck who summoned an entire team of [SCRUBS] ( @lup3s among them) and we managed to get three victories out of three games with a total of 14 stars. 

So yeah, don't play with randoms, look for a division.

Thx to all members of the [SCRUBS] clan for carrying a wounded bird! It was fun!

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,529 posts
6,198 battles
6 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

that was genius move from WG. 8 km range.

it's like tier I ships, they should implant that in all ships, in all modes.

random teams still sucks, but this time I see bbs, cruisers and dds in close support (ok, I'm one of the bbs most of the times in part II).

At last I'm enjoying a bb, but they are still slow, all but the cv beat me to the portal. I'm the last firing at the zikasas. but I'm brawling the others.

In Tier I you see everything but cowards or snipers/campers, it's a gun fest and would be nice that up tiers had that quality.

Beta Tester
561 posts
3,550 battles

3 Wins so far with 3 stars in the BB, and in all of them I and the CV player was left. And I've only gotten healed by a CV player once.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,651 posts
9,471 battles
8 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

e43.jpg

6 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Thx to all members of the [SCRUBS] clan for carrying a wounded bird! It was fun!

Yeah it was, tough I like the first/original mission more. The 2nd one is ......... oversaturation. At one point there are ships everywhere and on the other side you get completely ridiculous tools to deal with them - and then its all of a sudden over! I rather have the climactic battle against the Rasputin than having to fight bugged undead Gorgon! Who knows, maybe with more experience this mission will grow on me. I didnt watch any vids nor play on the pts so I am still a bloody noob that at best has some basics down.

Tbf with lup3s in the CV, we came as close as possible to cheating. ^^

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,121 posts
5,880 battles

Yep, like most of them said you need a good CV and more important a good team. Make a division of 7 people that you know are good and will co-operate or get a decent clan. That's how I did both of these operations. It's not very hard when you have good players/clan to make a division.

[NED]
Players
4,181 posts
11,672 battles

I like the events and all other operation missions. But only for a few rounds. The Halloween mission this year? Awesome. I so much like the horrible looking cammo's on the ships! Had good fun playing it. Didn't get a five start though. But I don't mind. It's the fun that matters to me.

By the way, you think we'll get the upgrades back/ refunded when the event is coming to an end? (Maybe it's in the description and I didn't see that).

[BOOF]
Players
111 posts
3,031 battles

I just don't like this Halloween event at all, mainly because is elbows out of the way the normal Operations which I do enjoy.

Also sounds like the second operation is heavily dependent on the carrier player, dependent on players knowing what the hell these ships can do when they have unfamiliar mechanics and unfamiliar consumables, dependent on players knowing what to expect and what is to happen and how the operation mechanics work. What a surprise it is so hard to succeed. The sweet spot for operations is usually succeed and occasionally excel, this is not that.

Overall a total Dogs Dinner!

This is not representative of the game we play 363 weeks of the year and if it was for a couple of days ok, but it bumps the other operations for two weeks (before someone whines "get in a division" I don't have clan mates to make up the division).

Perhaps their development time would be better spent on developing more operations for the normal game? 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,651 posts
9,471 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

By the way, you think we'll get the upgrades back/ refunded when the event is coming to an end?

We better do! Those are maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ugrades!

• Cool 2

[H_FAN]
Players
1,938 posts
22,448 battles
2 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

I like the events and all other operation missions. But only for a few rounds. The Halloween mission this year? Awesome. I so much like the horrible looking cammo's on the ships! Had good fun playing it. Didn't get a five start though. But I don't mind. It's the fun that matters to me.

By the way, you think we'll get the upgrades back/ refunded when the event is coming to an end? (Maybe it's in the description and I didn't see that).

With the release of Update 0.6.13 when the 'A Light In The Dark' operation will no longer be available, all ships and their Commanders will be removed from players' accounts. All upgrades, signals, and flags will be removed from the ships and taken to the Inventory

Snipped  from here:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/dasha-through-the-snow/

Players
2,339 posts
6,638 battles

This mission seemed easier when it was just a day old or so.

Today I'm getting mostly losses (sometimes even with 5 crosses xD), it seems most good players aren't bothering anymore.

I think this event is awesome!!!!

I actually like the waves upon waves of enemy ships and I like the chaos! :D

If anyone is in need of decent players, isn't there some channel ingame where one can look up other players who also don't have a clan to ask people for help?

I don't mind playing some more, even though I already gotten 5 stars on the first day :)

Players
41 posts
1,027 battles

I enjoyed this Sunray event  I just wish that when there is a rookie in the scenario that they would ask for advice and take it.  I have seen way too many players who read the hyped up description of the CV and tried to use it like a BB because they think their armor is so tough.  Whoever wrote that description should be punished.  The Nobilium is a Carrier and just like all Carriers it should be fought in a battle from a distance.  It is difficult to win a battle where the CV charges gets himself killed and everyone tries to take up the slack when the Gorgon comes into play.  I wish the Nobilium had 2 fighter sqdn like the Gorgon.  The other ships have some great points but people in the Magnu-s have to know their responsibility to Repair the other ships.  

[L4GG]
Players
1,529 posts
6,198 battles
On ‎28‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 5:09 PM, ThePurpleSmurf said:

This might help too

No, it doesn't.

yeah, this it's a guide, but he's got a division, not a random team.

the casual way that this video go on, doesn't reflect the real life.

I didn't know how he manage to kill the gorgon so easily in the gunk.

real life, I went in the gunk, rammed the Rasputin, then the gorgon spawn right beside me, I turned around and rammed it, I had to use two ram it things and got sunk because the guy outlive me and he was sunk by another ship.

real life, half of your team it's sunk past the 3 or 5 minutes in.

real life, cvs go ramming things. (it's so nice to see the cv going in the gunk in the beginning of the mission)

real life, no one cares about the first tower, even if you ping the map like crazy.

and so on and on.

it would be nice if some youtuber did a video, a guide, how to complete this mission or some of this mission in this conditions.

And would be nice if in the testing process/phase for a mission, they (WG) used normal (average) and random players instead of unicorns grade players while playing in a division to calibrate the difficulty level on the final result .

Because, a lot of them ( unicorns and stuff) only played the final result a couple of times, I've been playing only this op since it's started.

I played by now around 200 battles or more. Myself doing awful , great and awesome.

1- 5 stars

a couple of 4 stars

a dozen or two - 3,2, 1 stars

and the rest are defeats.

Sign in to follow this