You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dragnorak

I never ever see one and then 3 turn up at the same time

23 comments in this topic

Players
534 posts
6,432 battles

So Ive been waiting a long time for this. Her indoors just fell asleep watching Corry and I thought ill go and game a bit. Now I never see OMNI in my games ever and then 3 turn up on my team all at the same time AND I actually manged to outscore them all.

Not that I'm saying I'm as good as OMNI mind you (I'm not that daft) but at the same time I am quite pleased with this game...

OMNI.jpg

• Cool 5

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,821 battles

Well played shipmate :Smile_great:

Players
534 posts
6,432 battles
2 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

I reckon by complete coincidence all 3 OMNI members had let their infant children have a go on their accounts. :Smile-_tongue:

ha ha yeah it did cross my mind..

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

I have the feeling people tempt to give them some godstatus. IMO the omni players are good. Statwise very most likely better then me. But by no way invincible. When on opposing team my div mates and me stomped them to the floor as well. Gg op!

• Cool 2

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles
2 hours ago, Dragnorak said:

AND I actually manged to outscore them all

Well done, You beat the enemy which is the main thing and in a great little ship.

Players
1,071 posts
8,214 battles
38 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I have the feeling people tempt to give them some godstatus. IMO the omni players are good. Statwise very most likely better then me. But by no way invincible. When on opposing team my div mates and me stomped them to the floor as well. Gg op!

I had OMNI players on my team and on the opposing team a couple of times. I also watch streams from different OM and OMNI players. One thing I have noticed while watching streams and also playing with them on my team, once the team with the OMNI players recognize them they take a win for granted and play the most retarded crap ever. They think OMNI will carry anyway, so they can yolo for no reason or just sit back and do nothing. I've beaten teams with an OMNI division too exactly for this reason. There is only so much a good division can carry, they can for sure not compensate 9 chimps on the team. ;)

But there are other well known clans who have the same problem and unfortunately sometimes they are real a...holes. Just today I played with two clanmates in a division and we played with double Shima and me in Z-52. It was a standard battle and we had a division from a well known german clan on our team. After a while they started to flame us how useless we were and we just suck and blabla. Well, we lost the battle but our division had the 3 top scorer spots (by a huge margin) with a total of 7 kills. The wannabe pro divison who flamed us had 2 kills combined and were in the middle of the XP pack - apparently camping in the base with 2 BB and a Cruiser does not do too much for the XP and kill count. When we returned to port we had 3 reports each, enough said.

• Cool 5

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

Don't make it the exception, make it the rule ;). Gj mate. Though these guys only cook with water as well. Have beaten a lot of better players head to head and lost to inferior ones as well. Stats are just average after all ;).

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,136 posts
11,682 battles
4 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

But there are other well known clans who have the same problem and unfortunately sometimes they are real a...holes. Just today I played with two clanmates in a division and we played with double Shima and me in Z-52. It was a standard battle and we had a division from a well known german clan on our team. After a while they started to flame us how useless we were and we just suck and blabla. Well, we lost the battle but our division had the 3 top scorer spots (by a huge margin) with a total of 7 kills. The wannabe pro divison who flamed us had 2 kills combined and were in the middle of the XP pack - apparently camping in the base with 2 BB and a Cruiser does not do too much for the XP and kill count. When we returned to port we had 3 reports each, enough said.

I find that sort of attitude worse than the average clueless potato. I got abused in my Shokaku by some Shima try hard, I wasn't even doing that badly. Needless to say I stopped scouting the side of the map he was on and he died, boy did that get him going :cap_haloween:

Dammn kids in their parents basements trying hard at the computer game eh? :cap_book:

• Cool 5

[XTREM]
Beta Tester
142 posts
12,563 battles
9 hours ago, Dragnorak said:

So Ive been waiting a long time for this. Her indoors just fell asleep watching Corry and I thought ill go and game a bit. Now I never see OMNI in my games ever and then 3 turn up on my team all at the same time AND I actually manged to outscore them all.

Not that I'm saying I'm as good as OMNI mind you (I'm not that daft) but at the same time I am quite pleased with this game...

OMNI.jpg

Yeah OMNI players have a tendency to make players like you look good m8 :D

• Cool 1

[5D]
Players
478 posts
20,656 battles

Guys you do realise that omni and most certainty not their prize possession are the best players in the game don't you? They may seem invincible but the reality is with just a bit of thought it's not hard to beat them. Well done never the less but just trying to highlight that they should not be put on a thrown and given praise.

[PGTIP]
Players
129 posts
1,665 battles

i once survived @Flamu when he was trying out the Kidd i was the Harekaze on the other side of the cap, good thing he played in potato team since later i watched the stream and he bloody knew where i was the entire time(some sort of unicum sixt sense) but thankfully his cv did not bother to spot me :D

Am i famous?

• Cool 1

Players
534 posts
6,432 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Guys you do realise that omni and most certainty not their prize possession are the best players in the game don't you? They may seem invincible but the reality is with just a bit of thought it's not hard to beat them. Well done never the less but just trying to highlight that they should not be put on a thrown and given praise.

Well they are certainly known more than others so must be doing something right. However that aiside.

I was trying to add some light hearted posititvity to a forum that is predominanlty negative about a game that I actually really enjoy in a ship I absolutely love :)

• Cool 2

[PRAVD]
Players
1,106 posts
5,601 battles

I think OMNI is just like every other clan, true, excellent stats, but not invincible at all. I've seen excellent matches by OMNI guys, and selfish matches where they didn't try at all to win.

Stats give you a general picture how well the skills are of a certain clan or player. It doesn't say anything about if a player has his day (we all have better and worse games), or worse, has a bad attitude.

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles
11 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

I had OMNI players on my team and on the opposing team a couple of times. I also watch streams from different OM and OMNI players. One thing I have noticed while watching streams and also playing with them on my team, once the team with the OMNI players recognize them they take a win for granted and play the most retarded crap ever. They think OMNI will carry anyway, so they can yolo for no reason or just sit back and do nothing. I've beaten teams with an OMNI division too exactly for this reason. There is only so much a good division can carry, they can for sure not compensate 9 chimps on the team. ;)

To their defense I never encountered flamers. What I did notice is they (and other top clans for that matter) tempt to play mainly in competitive mode. Now there are things that might work in that strategy in PvP's. Lot of them aren't. To play all your cards on your cap advantage and try to defend it, hiding behind an island or in perma smoke will quickly bite them in the tail. Because they usually only have 3 div members in their team and the rest are used to plain PvP. So what good does that tactic have when they are the only 3 ships left defending that cap? The most famous (OMNI) player is of course @Flamu. Now I don't like him very much but I highly respect him "professionally." I have learned tons of tricks, tactics, do's and don'ts from him. Also vastly appreciate he is willing to share some "secrets." Like f.e. the new smoke mechanism is working 2 ways... (if you trick a BB in firing at you in a DD, you smoke up: he will continue to be visible because you keep spotting him). I also look at his vids and streams What I loath is his whining because he's being focussed out because they recognize him. Boy, that's the price you'll have to pay and I see you make good money out of your streams. Which of course I grant you with my full heart. but stop bitching about that and laugh it off. Also in lots of those situations he was the most viable target in the first place to delete. I know being cynical is his style but don't overdo it is my advice. Also looking at the "super YT movies" I see I'm not doing that different (not claiming to be as good as he is). F.e. i had a Kurry game on the Mountain range and I was nearly exactly in the same situation as he was with his (pushing up to the A cap, defending my DD capping it). Where he shone I got obliterated in a matter of seconds. I used his proposed build but it doesn't work for me. I have respecced Kurry to secondary. For me it's working like a charm. Statwise I'd say I'm not doing too bad in it: all on the server avg. I get the feeling he's thinking his way is the only way. What I'm trying to say and taking Flamu for an example and no personal attack!: people from the (top)clans are still people and they play the same ships you and I do. So don't get intimidated by some "famous" names/ clantags and do your thing.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles

They are just like anyone else.. sometimes you have good battles and sometimes you don't.

shot-17_10_10_23_17.53-0155.thumb.jpg.34acae23989836bb55b97abe98231f3d.jpg

In this game I had a good battle and the OMNI guy didn't.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles

Well one difference is maybe that they can train and dicuss various tactics and put a lot of work there and you have also good aiming skill. I know thay I sometimes lack the concentration even though I some games put everything right. But if you are a few percent better on that thing , a few percent better on the other stuff normally and also play in division you do get results over time.

Many times a early kill can make a huge difference to get the advantage, they have higher chance of doing so that is why they win more. I think that some of Flamus newest videos where he goes through the thougt process are very good and informative. But as @Ferry_25 states his build may not suit my playstyle or lack of skill. 

[PRAVD]
Players
1,106 posts
5,601 battles

No, but trying to win is a start. It's a team game, and I rather have a mediocre player trying to win, than a unicum division just screwing around, limiting themselves (only using 20 km widespread torpedoes when their division are the only DDs for example), basically saying [edited]you to the team, and afterwards one of them bragging about being on top of the team. While especially unicums should know that farming XP isn't what wins games.

Another game where some unicum player camps in the back and only moves forward when it's already too late so that he can farm damage and XP. I once smoked up a division mate before being first-blooded, I dare to say I did more to win in that game than any of these cases.

I can't forbid them, everybody is allowed to play like they want, but these games really opened my eyes about the (lack of) team spirit by some "unicums".

• Cool 1

[POP]
Players
315 posts
7,700 battles

Some of the best games I've had was when 2 OMNI guys decided to support me in my Z-52 with their Minotaur and Moskva. Effectively rendering the caps I inhabitated as a no-go zone for the enemy team.

I felt like the girl in Robber_Baron's avatar.

[SCRUB]
Players
617 posts
11,608 battles
12 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

@Freyr_90 and i had 6 Omnis against us yesterday. They won, but we gave them a good fight. 

Actually i call Omni hacks. :Smile_teethhappy:

Yep, a random game turned into a clan battle :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1