Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elblancogringo

A problem with modules destruction

9 comments in this topic

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

Hi captains,

So wargaming recently nerfed a couple of things on the conqueror, but imho they forgot one thing: the ability for RN BBs captains who spam HE to obliterate the AA of the ship they target in a single volley or two.

I recently played a game with an American BB, got focused by a Conq. 1st salvo, half of my mid range AA destroyed. Second salvo, I had like 1/4th of my AA power remaining. 

This is excessive. By encouraging the players of this line to fire mostly HE shells, you basically buff drastically the CVs, whose planes are no longer quickly enough endangered by AA.

I think that RN BBs HE shells should be nerfed, not about their fire chance or damage (this is another topic here that I don't want to raise now) but about their capacity to destroy modules.

Cheers

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles

Doesn't any HE wreck Modules regardless of which ship fires HE? I know RN BB get there extra penetration values and higher Alpha damage but are you saying RN BBs knockout more Mods than another BB firing HE?  

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
5 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

Doesn't any HE wreck Modules regardless of which ship fires HE? I know RN BB get there extra penetration values and higher Alpha damage but are you saying RN BBs knockout more Mods than another BB firing HE?  

No, I think it only depends on the calibre of the HE shell, whatever the ship firing it (somebody could confirm?). I didn't say British shells destroy more modules than other BBs HE, but while other BB fire mostly AP, british fire HE shells therefore destroying AA power of targeted ships.

Which is why I said, that encouraging people to fire such high caliber HE should have come with a lesser probability of modules destruction.

Sorry if I was not clear.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,752 posts
10,656 battles
1 minute ago, MacFergus said:

All HE wrecks AA, but with less damage and smaller blast radius. While I welcome anything that buffs CVs against BBs (I believe CVs should wreck BBs, spot to death rather than kill DDs and fear AA cruisers), it doesn't change the fact that AA values of ships should, on principle, be important. If a ship has powerful AA then yes, it's ok when this gets mostly nullified through prolonged HE bombardment (as it used to be with HE spam from cruisers) but not that ok if it can be blown off the decks by a salvo or two in the opening minutes of the game. And not even by purposeful picking of ammo but as a side effect of using the big bad hard-hitting inferno-inducing shells the British BBs carry.

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles
2 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

No, I think it only depends on the calibre of the HE shell, whatever the ship firing it (somebody could confirm?). I didn't say British shells destroy more modules than other BBs HE, but while other BB fire mostly AP, british fire HE shells therefore destroying AA power of targeted ships.

Which is why I said, that encouraging people to fire such high caliber HE should have come with a lesser probability of modules destruction.

Sorry if I was not clear.

Gotcha :Smile_Default:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,176 posts
6,755 battles

I play Lion, get hit by 1 HE salvo from some t7 cruiser, I'm down to AA that tier 4 BBs laugh at.

I play Missouri, Yamato, Kurfurst or Montana hit me with HE salvo, like half of my AA is gone.

Your point...? That HE kills modules and high caliber HE does it effectively? Tell me something that hasn't been obvious since the 1st day.

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
14 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Your point...? That HE kills modules and high caliber HE does it effectively? Tell me something that hasn't been obvious since the 1st day.

My point is indeed, that HE-firing battleships kill AA modules too quickly, which was not a problem before the introduction of the British line in the game, because most of BB players were at this time shooting AP only.

Of course all HE kill modules, but with a battleship it's done in a couple of salvos? This is ridiculous and must be changed imo. Temporary inactivation might be a possibility.

1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

@elblancogringo might want to have a read here

Thanks

[ADRIA]
Players
4,176 posts
6,755 battles
1 hour ago, elblancogringo said:

My point is indeed, that HE-firing battleships kill AA modules too quickly, which was not a problem before the introduction of the British line in the game, because most of BB players were at this time shooting AP only.

Of course all HE kill modules, but with a battleship it's done in a couple of salvos? This is ridiculous and must be changed imo. Temporary inactivation might be a possibility.

Thanks

You mean before Flamu started yelling "HE OP NEED NURF" so every potato in the game forgot they have AP?

Any BB does that in a few salvos, doesn't matter RN or not. That's not a single-nation thing.

And while cruisers won't take your AA in 1 salvo (unless you yourself play RN BB) they will do the same effect with all the salvos they land on your ship in the time the BB reloads. Maybe even more as they can shift their fire to more sections or thoroughly clear 1 particular region.

Sign in to follow this