Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
viceadmiral123

Public Test 0.6.13 regarding carriers

152 comments in this topic

Players
923 posts
13,965 battles

Public Test 0.6.13 regarding CV class, TL;DR version.

More indirect carrier nerfs:

1. Buffed AA on some dds.

2. Reduced ability to DoT stack fires on 2 classes.

3. Other classes are getting better smoke/better guns.

4. Long-due fix of AA firing and air detectability is sold as " improved mechanics of AA defences ".

Year of the carrier guys, don't miss the hype train!

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

You're missed the hype train by a year and a half.

The party already exited the train on it's last stop:  Donotgiveafrakville.

Players
1,071 posts
8,214 battles
59 minutes ago, viceadmiral123 said:

More indirect carrier nerfs:

Those are no nerfs. With the omnipresent BBs that spam only HE, no DD has any AA left anyway. One BB salvo and the DD is stripped from his litte AA he had to stop a CV to crossdrop oneshot him. The second point is not against the CV either, because it is supposed to help the DD and Cruiser to survive more than 2 RN BB salvos.

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles
1 hour ago, viceadmiral123 said:

3. Other classes are getting better smoke/better guns.

4. Long-due fix of AA firing and air detectability is sold as " improved mechanics of AA defences ".

Explicit Sources for each of these numbers please.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,688 posts
5,569 battles
9 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Literally the patch notes.

US and RU DD are having their defensive fire as 4x instead of 3x

Cruisers and DD are having their max fire time reducrd from 60 to 30 seconds

RN cruisers get 15 secs of smoke instead of 7. Low tier ships have buffed stuff (although it is stuff like krispy kreme)

[NWP]
Players
3,591 posts
5,930 battles
1 hour ago, viceadmiral123 said:

Oh ye like either one of them is a prime target to kill it with fire :cap_popcorn: The Bombs hurt a DD much more than the fire does now. Why would u even want to get a permafire on a DD? Either he dies to bombs or your Teammates should kill him. And then theres ofc the chance of not hitting him at all... Which is wasting your CV potential.

And ive played so many Cruisers, i dont think a CV ever tried to get a permafire on me. Either he has to go full in thx to Strong AA or Defensive AA, or he just tries to kill me off with the Bombs, not with the fire.

So yep, very well a CV nerf coming up. Once in a blue moon Cruisers get a tiny buff and someone has to cry about it :Smile_facepalm: BBs with strong AA, there is the problem for u, as they SHOULD be the prime target, but thats WGs fault.

Aircraft Carrier 2 639 74.38%

:Smile_child: WOW, and U CRY ABOUT CV NERFS????

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,441 battles
13 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Oh ye like either one of them is a prime target to kill it with fire :cap_popcorn: The Bombs hurt a DD much more than the fire does now. Why would u even want to get a permafire on a DD? Either he dies to bombs or your Teammates should kill him. And then theres ofc the chance of not hitting him at all... Which is wasting your CV potential.

And ive played so many Cruisers, i dont think a CV ever tried to get a permafire on me. Either he has to go full in thx to Strong AA or Defensive AA, or he just tries to kill me off with the Bombs, not with the fire.

So yep, very well a CV nerf coming up. Once in a blue moon Cruisers get a tiny buff and someone has to cry about it :Smile_facepalm: BBs with strong AA, there is the problem for u, as they SHOULD be the prime target, but thats WGs fault.

:Smile_child: WOW, and U CRY ABOUT CV NERFS????

Permafires on DDs are nice because it increases their spot range.

And I try to get perma fires on anything, even DDs and CCs ^^

Yes, he cries because he doesn't have 75% yet. Absolutely justified if you ask me:Smile_trollface:

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles
16 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

:Smile_child:WOW, and U CRY ABOUT CV NERFS????

He is scared his stats will drop if he can't wreck DDs and other ships. ^^

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles
40 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

RN cruisers get 15 secs of smoke instead of 7

Well in my case, My Belfast will get 20+ secs smoke generation, enough for 8 plumes.

Players
944 posts
5,328 battles

1. I do think that the DD's need some extra protection against air because getting targeted by three TB squads is just freakin awful.

2. I'm not too bothered about the decreased fire time on cruisers, they have quick DCP anyway. Only flooding is deadly for them. Setting permafires on DD's same.

3. Not too relevant in the CV world.

4. Agree WG are hypocrites. Stealth fire and smoke firing get nerfed because there is no counter play. But your planes get shot down from an invisible source - all is fine.

10 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Well in my case, My Belfast will get 20+ secs smoke generation, enough for 8 plumes.

What do you mean, you use the smoke mod? Increased duration is more valuable.

Players
3,364 posts
5,845 battles
7 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Permafires on DDs are nice because it increases their spot range.

Its not like there are no permfires anymore? And face it - if your team cant kill a spotted, gimped DD in 30 sec - they wont make it in 60 sec either.:fish_sleep: Btw can someone calculate the actual HP a DD is gonna save by burning 30 sec less? This is even maximum! Who says the DD cant DCP within 30 sec but cant either DCP within the next 30 sec? Now take a calculator - how much dmg a CV that first has to get a permfire on a DD is gonna lose. Are we passing 100? And we still have found someone whining about something totaly situational, something, that I even call a missplay in most situations (could have used the efford to set a permfire on a BB - way more dmg - and just spot the DD for the team to kill it.) Looking at the other answers - OPs whine kinda backfired.

v3t0x.jpg

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,482 posts
7,994 battles

Who knew that buffs to some ships are indirect nerfs to every other ship.

I know that the WoWs community meta is to call everything a BB buff or a CV nerf, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• Cool 2

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,328 battles
13 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Btw can someone calculate the actual HP a DD is gonna save by burning 30 sec less? This is even maximum!

0.3% HP / sec and fire.

So 30 secs * 0.3% = 9% total HP.

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles
22 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

Increased duration is more valuable.

Just worked it out, only 6 second gaps between each new use of the smoke mod.

I can actually use slot 2 for something else other than SGM1, do I really need smoke plumes for 21 secs?. 

[WGP2W]
Players
1,426 posts
9,973 battles
1 hour ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

yeah wg just buff more aa

Nerf Blogis.

• Cool 1

Players
3,364 posts
5,845 battles
3 minutes ago, Adwaenyth said:

0.3% HP / sec and fire.

So 30 secs * 0.3% = 9% total HP.

Yea exactly. What I further meant, was, to transform it into actual number to see how ridicilous the whine is.

Mahan A hull: 1053 HP. f.e.

Sure, every HP counts on a DD. But you gotta look at it from this side: If max. 1k dmg makes the difference between still floating and sunk - you are screwed anyway. And the CV that hit you before could just keep spotting you so that 1 BB fires 1 salvo on the DD and gets 1 overmatch - DD gone.

Beta Tester
206 posts
6,671 battles

I worked it out and posted in another thread that for example the Gearing from a single fire burning for 30s will only take 1746 damage now, that can be all the difference between being sunk and limping off and continuing to be a thorn in the side for the enemy team.

Players
923 posts
13,965 battles
2 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Those are no nerfs. With the omnipresent BBs that spam only HE, no DD has any AA left anyway. One BB salvo and the DD is stripped from his litte AA he had to stop a CV to crossdrop oneshot him. The second point is not against the CV either, because it is supposed to help the DD and Cruiser to survive more than 2 RN BB salvos.

When you buff one of a group, you indirectly nerf the rest of the group. So those are, in fact, nerfs.

2 hours ago, iJoby said:

Source: AD 700 in India.

56 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Who knew that buffs to some ships are indirect nerfs to every other ship.

I know that the WoWs community meta is to call everything a BB buff or a CV nerf, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

When you nerf something people complain. Instead, you buff the other things, and everyone like you is a happy camper.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,441 battles
58 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Its not like there are no permfires anymore? And face it - if your team cant kill a spotted, gimped DD in 30 sec - they wont make it in 60 sec either.:fish_sleep: Btw can someone calculate the actual HP a DD is gonna save by burning 30 sec less? This is even maximum! Who says the DD cant DCP within 30 sec but cant either DCP within the next 30 sec? Now take a calculator - how much dmg a CV that first has to get a permfire on a DD is gonna lose. Are we passing 100? And we still have found someone whining about something totaly situational, something, that I even call a missplay in most situations (could have used the efford to set a permfire on a BB - way more dmg - and just spot the DD for the team to kill it.) Looking at the other answers - OPs whine kinda backfired.

I was merely answering DFens_666's question "Why would u even want to get a permafire on a DD?".

And wow, you really think a fire on a BB is worth more because it does more damage?

A BB that can heal 100% of all fire damage?

Playing for the highest damage should never be your priority.

Next thing, BB AA is quite strong, a lone bomber will usually be focused and killed before setting any perma fires. DD AA is weaker, making them much better targets at the beginning of the match.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,990 posts
1 hour ago, walter3kurtz said:

1. I do think that the DD's need some extra protection against air because getting targeted by three TB squads is just freakin awful.

Sure they do, but not as heaving their AA buffed. Defensive fire on dds should have devastating (and maybe even long lasting) effect on torpedo and bomb spread on short / medium ranges, thus making this self-protect ability. They should not be mini AA cruisers, chewing through enemy planes.

Players
923 posts
13,965 battles
9 minutes ago, Skyllon said:
1 hour ago, walter3kurtz said:

Sure they do, but not as heaving their AA buffed. Defensive fire on dds should have devastating (and maybe even long lasting) effect on torpedo and bomb spread on short / medium ranges, thus making this self-protect ability. They should not be mini AA cruisers, chewing through enemy planes.

Why seek anti-air protection from a cruiser or a battleship when you can just buff DD anti-air instead. This is why we have battleships with radar and sonar.

Players
3,364 posts
5,845 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

A BB that can heal 100% of all fire damage?

A BB can not heal 100% of all fire damage. What is he gets destroyed before his heal is up? He is gonna respawn from the grave cuz it was the fire that sunk him?

4 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

BB AA is quite strong

Blame WG. My view since long has been, that BB AA should be nerfed into oblivion.

5 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

And wow, you really think a fire on a BB is worth more because it does more damage?

Like I said - situational. Best example yesterday. Was going with a Takao as Edinburgh for a Cap, that was only contested by a Harekaze. CV did spot him, but withdraw his figher, even when we asked for support. We already gmped the DD by ~7k. Instead, he flew ALL 3 his bombers his tryin to snatch the kill. He missed, the DD escaped. Meanwhile, on the other flank, our team took a beating and could used some Airsupport. Which was non existend if u count what happend on my side. So, tell me, how valuable was the CV focusing the DD? he fucked up our side, he let the DD escape, he fucked up our team trying to fend of the other caps. Oh btw - the Harekaze still managed to hit a few torps, around 8 mins after his already certain death - if the CV would not have been so greedy. Withdrawing his fighter was exactly this "I cant let the cruisers get the kill. If I stop spotting, they cant shoot him and I have time to bring my bombers". For those kinda players DDs can have a DPS of 10.000 imo. Oh end of story: Near the end of the game I go into combat will the Harekaze again, after telling the CV what his priority should be - he actually spots the DD for me and I get him. Guess what - no CV-permfire killed the DD! bummer!

Players
944 posts
5,328 battles
1 hour ago, iJoby said:

Just worked it out, only 6 second gaps between each new use of the smoke mod.

I can actually use slot 2 for something else other than SGM1, do I really need smoke plumes for 21 secs?. 

Not sure what you mean but smoke mod 1 is useless on Belfast, use it on Perth only.

15 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

I don't know what DD you are playing but none that I have "shred" planes, I really doubt that the increase in DFAA will change that unless you give me some facts.

We're not talking Kidd or Akizuki AA build here.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,687 posts
9,234 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

A BB can not heal 100% of all fire damage. What is he gets destroyed before his heal is up? He is gonna respawn from the grave cuz it was the fire that sunk him?

What you mean then is that a BB can potentially not heal 100% of all fire damage.

Different circumstances may mean that a BB can't heal a fire, but as a mechanic, 100% of all fire damage can be healed.
Meanwhile, a DD can't heal (unless it's one of the exceptions). So yeah, a lasting fire on a DD is much more valuable than a permafire on a BB.

Sign in to follow this