Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Discount on Experience Conversion ???

28 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles

So how does this work exactly?

V9uBR3F.png

Does it apply to actual ship XP -> free XP conversion?

I thought you have to always convert the excess ship XP first,  before you can convert the commander XP, no?

[PORT]
Players
153 posts
7,690 battles

It means if you really want to (are you sure?) you can pay 1 doubloon to convert 35 of your Elite Commander XP into 35 Free XP. As far as I can tell Free XP doesn't enter into it. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Personally I'm not sure I'd do this even if it didn't cost doubloons.

[HAERT]
Players
2,101 posts

In this specific case it converts Elite Commander XP to Free XP (gold stars).

You only gain Elite Commander XP on Captains with 19 points and unless you have loads of those this is a bit of a waste as it's not so easy to come by.

[AAA-]
Players
662 posts
5,032 battles

I don't see dat point either why would you exchange commander XP into free XP unless someone has a huge stack and all his commanders to 19 already, but even then the player would also have a huge stack of excess normal ship XP (and free XP) so it would be more logical to wait for a normal ship xp into free xp conversion.

[BYOB]
Players
3,065 posts
11,010 battles

Converting elite commander XP is just backwards. Ship XP sure, have at it, but commander XP is too valuable to be converted.

• Cool 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles

And for the SAME ratio as ship XP? (25:1, or with discount 35:1). Really?

Hahaha.... no.

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,348 battles
14 minutes ago, SteDorff said:

... unless someone has a huge stack and all his commanders to 19 already ...

:cap_wander_2:Is that even possible? Well, ulness you only have one or 2 commanders I mean. Getting to 19 points is a horrific grind to get even one there. But yeah, agreed there. it makes no sense to waste them for free XP unless you're reeeeeally desperate for that Missouri or Nelson or some such... :etc_red_button:

[BYOB]
Players
3,065 posts
11,010 battles

The worst part for me, is that I thought they offered ship XP conversion and was happy for a minute, since I want to convert 150k worth of it.

6 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Is that even possible?

That is possible but such players sit on massive amounts of fXP already. Or I assume they do.

[AAA-]
Players
662 posts
5,032 battles

I think there was a thread while ago about players and how many high skilled commandres they had can't find it anymore though  

edit found it from forumites there are only some who have over 10 and more although most still have commanders to upgrade I don't think any of them would use this way of backward conversing

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/80803-how-many-captains/

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,348 battles

Naah, my current project is to try and get ALL my Commanders up to a minimum of 10 points (almost there now), then up to 15... But I only have a few 19 points commanders, because after 15 points it will take something like effing 1,5 million XP to graduate there! :cap_fainting:

Might take years to get even most of my current commanders to 15 XP or higher, not to mention any new ones. That will be a never-ending project I suspect. And maybe a good thing too. :cap_win:

[TOAST]
Players
1,983 posts
25,634 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

it makes no sense to waste them for free XP unless you're reeeeeally desperate for that Missouri

I was going for the Missouri tomorrow, until i saw it requires ECXP, not gonna happen with me, the whole reason i have 10M SXP is for this conversion, so FU WG, you just aint getting my 13k Doubloons tomorrow.

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,348 battles

AawwW iJoby you're a hard, cruel man - Have some pity and don't be like that... They be poor, they need your Doubloons. :Smile_sad:

Think of all the starving childrens with an elephant foot in Africa or in Whatchamacallit and all de' poor, poor shareholders-investors and stuff. Think of poor ole' penniless Donald Trump...:Smile_child:Surely you could spare a few?

scrooge.jpg.a11e9bd621e83eb6215165f0a0b9c5ee.jpg

[TOAST]
Players
1,983 posts
25,634 battles
3 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Think of all the starving children

Without knowing it, you make a very interesting subject and maybe for a new topic one day, I would gladly part with doubloons if I was sure it would feed a family somewhere.

WG need to carry a donation button for charities (And I don't mean feed the WG Devs fund) 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,715 battles
24 minutes ago, iJoby said:

FU WG

Got a "warning" for this once!

I too was expecting the usual 1:35 fxp conversion and am slightly disappointed. Since I'm not really playing atm, I can wait til Christmas.

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,348 battles
9 minutes ago, iJoby said:

(And I don't mean feed the WG Devs fund) 

hHeey! DEVS NEED LOVE TOO. vODKA IS NOT FREE, YOU KNOW... :cap_money:

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
Players
1,983 posts
25,634 battles
4 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Got a "warning" for this once!

I too was expecting the usual 1:35 fxp conversion and am slightly disappointed. Since I'm not really playing atm, I can wait til Christmas.

Why? is Forever United a crime now?

Beta Tester
19 posts
12,956 battles

It's not a discount, it will cost you double, Elite XP and doubloons.
WG calling it an discount, while it will cost you more in comparison,  is sooooo wrong.

But...alice in accounting don't give a F...

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
934 posts
4,173 battles

I'm skeptical that even one guy in this game has excess ECXP.

I mean that would require you to have every ship in the game with their separate captains, all at 19 skill points.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,237 posts
4 minutes ago, Adult_Nappy said:

WG calling it an discount, while it will cost you more in comparison,

wrong. If you want to exchange 3500 EliteXP to FreeXP without special, you would have to pay 3500 EliteXP and 140 doubloons. With the discount you have to pay 3500  EliteXP and 100 doubloons, so less doubloons than usually...

But of course I don't see why anybody should convert EliteXP into FreeXP for doubloons...

Beta Tester
19 posts
12,956 battles
9 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

wrong. If you want to exchange 3500 EliteXP to FreeXP without special, you would have to pay 3500 EliteXP and 140 doubloons. With the discount you have to pay 3500  EliteXP and 100 doubloons, so less doubloons than usually...

But of course I don't see why anybody should convert EliteXP into FreeXP for doubloons...

The normal conversion rate for free XP is 1 D= 25free XP , this is taken from the ships free XP, 1 d = 35xp would be the "normal " discount/ special.

Now, you need to be a total windowlicker to go the Elite captains XP route, so WG should do fine .

Still calling this thing a discount is hard...very hard, so yeah if you would do it like you suggest, converting elite captains XP (the game goes standard to Ship XP btw) then yes it's a big big discount.

Bottom line, you will get a very bad deal, i call it getting tricked/screwed, to each his own.

[BYOB]
Players
3,065 posts
11,010 battles
2 hours ago, DreadArchangel said:

Unless its a balls up on the wg front, lets face it, not unheard of.

I hope so. Fingers crossed etc. That's also why I haven't converted anything.

After all a lot of people would buy doubloons to convert ship XP, but not commander XP.

Sign in to follow this