Sign in to follow this  
wilkatis_LV

Nudge here, nudge there

3 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles

Ok, so there is a thing I fail to understand...

Here's @Tuccy quote from "CL vs CA rebalance" in "Q&A section"

On 10/24/2017 at 10:54 PM, Tuccy said:

As with all classes, we try not to do an earthquake, unless necessary. It's better to make a nudge here, nudge there...

Here's quote from 6.12 patchnotes

Changed the reloading time for the Repair Party I consumable from 120 to 180 seconds

Changed the reloading time for the Repair Party II consumable from 80 to 120 seconds

How is that a "nudge"? 50% increase on heals cooldown?

I run the prem heal with Jack Dunkirks "Jack of all Trades" (108s cooldown + 20s active time = 128s minimum time between 2 heals), and by the time I have 15...30 seconds left on it I pretty much always need the 2nd heal "now not later".

So explain to me, which of these 2 you, WG, want from a BB:

• I sit back at around 20km, taking dodgy sniping shots and hope for a hit. Might aswell be AFK, as I'm useless anyway. Heals cooldown doesn't really matter since I'm not taking any hits anyway, if I'm using it it's just because I had nothing else to click for the last few minutes.
  • I'm a tank. I have more health and armour than other classes for this reason. I can take a hit, but I need a heal if I get focused down. If I'm using heal, it's not because I had nothing else to do, it's because I need it.

Pick one, so I know what you expect from a BB. Both can not happen at the same time, so just pick one so I finally know.

Going by your "improvements" and changes I'd lean towards the second. Since 6.7 tanking dmg brings no real reward for me, it's just that my team may live longer. Deepwater torps aren't going to be a thereat to those BBs who are trying to get over the map border behind everyone, they will crap on everyone who's pushing with team. And I can't even hide in smoke if I'm getting focused down, not for 20 seconds after firing. And I have to sacrifice any real chance to do anything to hide in it.

So go ahead, explain to me what exactly is expected of a BB. One or the other, can't have both.

Players
2,433 posts
11,521 battles

So explain to me, which of these 2 you, WG, want from a BB:

Well i dont know about WG, but thinking about the Conqueror:

- one of the highest basic ranges ingame without spotter plane
- can ignore all enemy angling with HE spamming
- can deny tons of AP-damage because almost impossible to hit citadel and trolly armor
- up to 12 sniper-accurate guns
- can heal hit points faster than a flooding and 2 fires together eat them

- solid rudder shift time to dodge (or angle against) incoming shells

But yes, this repair party nerf will make this already weak little ship completely useless and everyone will be forced to camp at max range with her... oh wait...

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles
2 hours ago, Terendir said:

Well i dont know about WG, but thinking about the Conqueror:

- one of the highest basic ranges ingame without spotter plane
- can ignore all enemy angling with HE spamming
- can deny tons of AP-damage because almost impossible to hit citadel and trolly armor
- up to 12 sniper-accurate guns
- can heal hit points faster than a flooding and 2 fires together eat them

- solid rudder shift time to dodge (or angle against) incoming shells

But yes, this repair party nerf will make this already weak little ship completely useless and everyone will be forced to camp at max range with her... oh wait...

-T10 BB with long range, how "unexpected"

-Like literally any ship that has HE, a.k.a. any ship that isn't RN CL

-Literally learn to aim. AP craps all over RN BBs, if only you people would learn to aim. Even if that RN BB is bow on to you.

-The accuracy is ok, but not quite a sniper. It's still a BB and it still has BB RNG. "Oh but Flamu got 57 fires with 1 shell hit..." Yeah, and he totally would upload a game to YT where he spammed HE for 15 min, got 20 hits and 1 fire, right? Totally would upload

-and can take damage faster than it can heal it, not even talking about the fact that MINIMAL time between 2 heal activations is 2min 3 sec (and that's with premium heal, Jack Dunkirks "Jack of All Trades" AND the -5% cooldown flag), going up to 3 min 20 sec at the longest cooldown (normal heal with not boosts). And you take ridiculous ammounts of damage, shell hits that wouldn't even damage any other tier 10 BB will still do damage to you.

-Yeah, solid rudder shift and half a map radius to run around. If you don't have at least 2km free space you shouldn't even bother, that's not going to be enough. And recommended to get 3+ km. Most otehr BBs can turn around in around 1.5 to 1.8km

With the heals cooldown being so long you simply can not tank for the team. At the moment where you pop that 1st heal you already have to be in a full retreat, and you can't go in till you have a heal up and ready (or at least about to be ready), otherwise you'll just get gunned down. Of course you can run into potatoes spamming HE at you, but I'm glad to see that more and more people are starting to understand the simple concept of "RN BBs can ignore HE, get wrecked by AP".

Conq's great because people keep poking it where it's at his strongest, and ignoring the weaknesses. Everyone seems completely unable to accept any change in game, like waterline isn't the only place where you can hit a BB. Just an absolute incompetent overreaction and nothing more.

Sign in to follow this