You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThePurpleSmurf

Totally my fault, no way it was the team, right? RIGHT?

135 comments in this topic

Players
1,071 posts
8,193 battles

Todays Fletcher games.

nowayitwastheteamsfault.jpg

If I'd post screenshot of the minimap of some of the battle situations people would still say 'naaah, it's not the team. must be your own fault, because you are the only constant in all these losses'. This game pisses me off more and more with every day, because the level of complete lack of logical thinking or thinking at all of the average WoWs player is just mind boggling. It's hard to believe that most of these people have a job and a family. I'd assume they live of picking up empty bottles and catch fish with a pantyhose in some sewer.

• Cool 19

[NWP]
Players
3,553 posts
5,884 battles
17 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

This game pisses me off more and more with every day, because the level of complete lack of logical thinking or thinking at all of the average WoWs player is just mind boggling.

This is so true. Its impossible to see a match without total stupidity anymore :Smile_facepalm:

Your team is winning and u only need to defend the caps? WELL [edited]MEH BETTER RUSH INTO TEH CAMPERZZZ!!!!11 Only time u can win that if u survive the last and either u hit 1000 Points or the time runs out.

80% of your team running to one cap going past that not capping it and gets scared away by 2-3 ships meanwhile the rest of the team has to fight and kite 9 ships of the enemy who just stomps his way through the other caps.

Players who dont shoot DDs at all ever. Or Player who dont shoot unless target has <1k Health to killsteal. Or dont shoot even if permaspotted by DD and then flame about others.

There are probably 100 other things but i think those happened today and yesterday to me lulz...

I dont want to play with those windowlickers anymore it drives me nuts.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,535 battles

I just have to look at the stats, only 1.67 average kills but over 100k damage and yet again only .33 average aircraft kills.

Pfft, obviously you were simply damage whoring instead of playing the objective. Probably let the enemy DDs take all the caps so you can sail around farming damage on the poor battleship players that were doing their best to support their team's push that you evidently didn't do anything to stop. You likely were so far away from the actual objectives that even the CVs on the enemy team could find you or just running away from the real action hotspots that the catapult aircraft from the pushing enemy BBs and cruisers never even got into your AA range (explaining the low aircraft kills despite the Fletcher having Defensive AA). The stats don't lie!

Shame!

Players
1,071 posts
8,193 battles
16 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I just have to look at the stats, only 1.67 average kills but over 100k damage and yet again only .33 average aircraft kills.

Pfft, obviously you were simply damage whoring instead of playing the objective. Probably let the enemy DDs take all the caps so you can sail around farming damage on the poor battleship players that were doing their best to support their team's push that you evidently didn't do anything to stop. You likely were so far away from the actual objectives that even the CVs on the enemy team could find you or just running away from the real action hotspots that the catapult aircraft from the pushing enemy BBs and cruisers never even got into your AA range (explaining the low aircraft kills despite the Fletcher having Defensive AA). The stats don't lie!

Shame!

Not sure if you are trolling or if you are serious. Anyone who played with me knows that I'm a DD main and that I fight tooth and nails over objectives, always. My primary target and by far most kills are enemy DDs, I rarely go off to hunt BBs. In fact, I rather sail 3 minutes to an empty cap, take the cap and sail 3 minutes back to action, abandon any personal damage in order to secure a cap for the team. Not long ago we played against each other, you should have noticed that I returned in a squishy cruiser to stop a Conquerer and a Yamato from capping our base (playing the objective), well knowing that one salvo can easily finish me off. I could have run away and hope that BBs turn around to defend our base.

Nope, if there is one thing I am not then it is a damage whore and I flame everyone who prioritize personal damage over playing objectives. And since kill securing is a new trend sports in WoWs, it is not uncommon to have a lot of damage but a low kill count. If you are in doubt about my gameplay let me know, then I'll zip all of my todays games for you and you can watch them. I've got nothing to hide. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,223 posts
6,782 battles

I call all stats irrelevant till I hit 50 games on the ship. At 10 I can start looking into them, but till 50 they mean more or less nothing. Just a bad strike there

• Cool 1

Players
1,071 posts
8,193 battles
3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Stop dmg farming and help the team instead. 

wdwa.thumb.png.584860311e6ada3ae4647b87c1c632f3.png

Nice one, but my stats are solo play, while yours are division-only with a CV. Oh I wonder how this could possibly influence your plane kills. Nice try though. ;)

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,535 battles
11 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Not sure if you are trolling or if you are serious. Anyone who played with me knows that I'm a DD main and that I fight tooth and nails over objectives, always. My primary target and by far most kills are enemy DDs, I rarely go off to hunt BBs. In fact, I rather sail 3 minutes to an empty cap, take the cap and sail 3 minutes back to action, abandon any personal damage in order to secure a cap for the team. Not long ago we played against each other, you should have noticed that I returned in a squishy cruiser to stop a Conquerer and a Yamato from capping our base (playing the objective), well knowing that one salvo can easily finish me off. I could have run away and hope that BBs turn around to defend our base.

Nope, if there is one thing I am not then it is a damage whore and I flame everyone who prioritize personal damage over playing objectives. And since kill securing is a new trend sports in WoWs, it is not uncommon to have a lot of damage but a low kill count. If you are in doubt about my gameplay let me know, then I'll zip all of my todays games for you and you can watch them. I've got nothing to hide. :Smile_honoring:

Seems I'm still trolling on too high gear. Or maybe I was simply not outragous enough to make it obvious.

Yeah, I was talking BS of course. Met you a couple times ingame and I can tell from your forum comments that you know your stuff. Your thread title just created such an alluring opportunity that I couldn't resist taking the piss.

I'll try to make sure the next time will be so audacious that sarcasm detectors will outright implode upon reading it.

• Cool 2

Players
1,422 posts
13,041 battles
1 hour ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Nice one, but my stats are solo play, while yours are division-only with a CV. Oh I wonder how this could possibly influence your plane kills. Nice try though. ;)

That is what the Fletcher is best at. Teamplay.  But like i said. Help the team. Dominate caps, Help BBs with defAA, zone with torps, smoke friendlies when they need it and daka daka. And the most important thing you do is SPOTTING. :Smile_Default:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,653 posts
9,494 battles
2 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Todays Fletcher games.

If I'd post screenshot of the minimap of some of the battle situations people would still say 'naaah, it's not the team. must be your own fault, because you are the only constant in all these losses'.

There is also another constant, let me visualize:

61c.gif

This is the MM (adorably) deciding weather or not to give you a team which is even remotely salvageable every time you press battle. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,236 battles
2 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Todays Fletcher games.

If I'd post screenshot of the minimap of some of the battle situations people would still say 'naaah, it's not the team. must be your own fault, because you are the only constant in all these losses'. This game pisses me off more and more with every day, because the level of complete lack of logical thinking or thinking at all of the average WoWs player is just mind boggling. It's hard to believe that most of these people have a job and a family. I'd assume they live of picking up empty bottles and catch fish with a pantyhose in some sewer.

People not capable of taking a few losses should uninstall.

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles

Are you a WoT veteran? It wouldn't surprise me if you thought damage matters for destroyers as much as it matters for battleships and carriers. Your team can be donkey, MM can punish you etc but there is no point taking this to forums like you'd in wot.

How is the average experience looking with those 6 battles?

Players
1,071 posts
8,193 battles
8 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

People not capable of taking a few losses should uninstall.

It's not the losses, this would be fine. It's the way how braindead team mates throw easy won games away over and over again in the most retarded ways.

4 minutes ago, Userext said:

Are you a WoT veteran?

Never played WoT nor any other WG game other than WoWs

4 minutes ago, Userext said:

How is the average experience looking with those 6 battles?

Looking at my screenshot post in the 'carry harder' thread, anything up to 1700 base XP on a loss. Average was probably around 1300 base XP. The total daily average XP was 2149 but this include other games (16 in total) as well.

• Cool 1

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles
3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Naah, it´s not the team. must be your own fault, you only shot down 0,33 planes. You must also provide AA for your team man! :cap_hmm:

Not to mention tanking damage from half the enemy team so that big armored Balless Boats can retain their shiny scratchless paint job...

While of course kill stealing that enemy DD.

Assuming they're close enough to hit it before you need to disengage because of unfavourable hp trade...

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles
4 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Never played WoT nor any other WG game other than WoWs

Looking at my screenshot post in the 'carry harder' thread, anything up to 1700 base XP on a loss. Average was probably around 1300 base XP. The total daily average XP was 2149 but this include other games (16 in total) as well.

I made the WoT assumption because people there usually value damage more than anything

I don't have the replays so I can only make rough assumptions. Maybe you played a bit too defensive in these 6 matches? As a DD captain you already know that you have to adapt to your team's changes and I know some teams are just not compatible, some matches you can't win. No matter what I say though, know that it's not worth it at all to throw steam off here on forums about this game on winrate part especially when the game is heavy on teamplay side.

Players
1,071 posts
8,193 battles
25 minutes ago, Userext said:

I don't have the replays so I can only make rough assumptions. Maybe you played a bit too defensive in these 6 matches? As a DD captain you already know that you have to adapt to your team's changes and I know some teams are just not compatible, some matches you can't win. No matter what I say though, know that it's not worth it at all to throw steam off here on forums about this game on winrate part especially when the game is heavy on teamplay side.

This must be it, maybe I need some more experience in DDs to play them better.

Spoiler

gottalearntodd.jpg 

Seriously, I posted this thread because people always try to excuse shitty teams with the blame on the individual and their lack of game knowledge or they would not understand their class and they did not fulfil their role. But fact it, it is all too often the crap team that make any effort to win a game null and void, by playing really the stupidest crap. It's not an exception, it's the common gameplay in random battles and as sad as it is, the higher the tier the worse the average player is at this game. At low tiers you can excuse this by saying someone is new to the game and he did not learn the basics. But this should not be the case at tier 8 and above.

I often can tell that we are going to lose right at the start of the game - again, experience of 6000 battles (i play also on NA and have played more than a thousand games there) taught me this. Whenever I see a 3-player BB or 3-player DD division on my team I just know it is to 95% a loss and sadly I'm all too often correct with my prediction. An almost guaranteed loss is it when 3 tirpitz or 3 bismarck show up in a division. I also can often see in the first 60 seconds if we are going down by watching how ships start to move, where they move and what speed they start into the game. You see all kind of fruits (my new term for potato to sound nicer ^^) there, right at the start reversing BBs. Cruiser that do a 180, DDs not heading straight to a cap but steer directly to a flank avoiding a cap zone. CVs that send planes to the edge of the map or have them circle around their ship for 3 minutes. All these are indicators that a player is a fruit, probably a rotten one too. Same as high tiers without camo and flags or BBs with SE perk. That's all things only imbaciles do, because they did not understand how the game works and what it means to play as a and for a team.

And later in the game you see the fruits throwing games away that would be an easy win, mostly because they have with me a somewhat competent DD player on their team. Yes, this sounds damn arrogant and elitist, but it is not, it's the truth. I'm experienced enough to very often give my team a huge advantage and all they have to do is not to die. But then they see we have 2 caps, enemy DDs were kiled, so we have a won game right there and this is where the fruit brain stops working and they play cocky, push alone flanks and get deleted or chase ships that run away at the map edge (a signal that they do not want to participate in this battle at all) around the map, tunnelvision and do not understand that you are at a huge disadvantage when you tail chase a ship. Not only is it much easier to hit a target that is chasing you, but the 'hunter' does not realize that it is him who is the hunted very soon, when the enemy team start to shoot his broadside and he has no option to disengage anymore.

There are dozens and hundreds of things that go wrong with randoms and if you can be assured of one thing, then it is that a fruit basket (team full of potatoes in nice ^^) will find a way to throw the game away no matter how big the lead and advantage is.

I am fully away of the fact that my steam off will change exactly nothing, but sometimes this is needed to not develop a hate toward fruits and/or simply uninstall the game. The sad part is, that this will not even out. Yes, as a somewhat competent player you win more than you lose, but this does not mean that most of the wins are fun, because they are usually the same shitty games just with the better end. Why would I be happy about a won game that lasted 7 minutes, because the enemy team ran away from the start, we get all caps, kill 2-3 enemies and boom, we reached 1000 points. Games like this suck, because they are very low XP and credits games. It's a waste of commander Xp camos and the new flags or a wasted daily win bonus. In close games that we lose I get more XP than in these 7 minute roflstomp games that I win. And this can not be, this should never happen and is a clear sign that something goes very wrong in this game. 

/end wall of text :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 13

[WGP2W]
Players
1,422 posts
9,970 battles

Wait till potatoes from steam come, on 15 november. You will be happy if you have 8% win  with 6000 PR. :Smile_trollface:

Komrad, this is good how it is about to become. I would not complain on your place, much..... khm khm..

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,236 battles

It's not the losses, this would be fine. It's the way how braindead team mates throw easy won games away over and over again in the most retarded ways.

Yes it is. You're a flat-out liar and an elitist snob. If you had won more games you wouldn't be here complaining.

Here is the news:  You will get teamed with weaker players.  Deal with that or uninstall.

Players
1,071 posts
8,193 battles
41 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Yes it is. You're a flat-out liar and an elitist snob. If you had won more games you wouldn't be here complaining.

Here is the news:  You will get teamed with weaker players.  Deal with that or uninstall.

Only telling the truth or elitist snob. It depend on the angle you look at it. Interestingly enough the angle seem directly related to the stats one has.

Players
3,339 posts
5,806 battles
55 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Seriously, I posted this thread because people always try to excuse shitty teams with the blame on the individual and their lack of game knowledge or they would not understand their class and they did not fulfil their role. But fact it, it is all too often the crap team that make any effort to win a game null and void, by playing really the stupidest crap. It's not an exception, it's the common gameplay in random battles and as sad as it is, the higher the tier the worse the average player is at this game. At low tiers you can excuse this by saying someone is new to the game and he did not learn the basics. But this should not be the case at tier 8 and above.

I often can tell that we are going to lose right at the start of the game - again, experience of 6000 battles (i play also on NA and have played more than a thousand games there) taught me this. Whenever I see a 3-player BB or 3-player DD division on my team I just know it is to 95% a loss and sadly I'm all too often correct with my prediction. An almost guaranteed loss is it when 3 tirpitz or 3 bismarck show up in a division. I also can often see in the first 60 seconds if we are going down by watching how ships start to move, where they move and what speed they start into the game. You see all kind of fruits (my new term for potato to sound nicer ^^) there, right at the start reversing BBs. Cruiser that do a 180, DDs not heading straight to a cap but steer directly to a flank avoiding a cap zone. CVs that send planes to the edge of the map or have them circle around their ship for 3 minutes. All these are indicators that a player is a fruit, probably a rotten one too. Same as high tiers without camo and flags or BBs with SE perk. That's all things only imbaciles do, because they did not understand how the game works and what it means to play as a and for a team.

And later in the game you see the fruits throwing games away that would be an easy win, mostly because they have with me a somewhat competent DD player on their team. Yes, this sounds damn arrogant and elitist, but it is not, it's the truth. I'm experienced enough to very often give my team a huge advantage and all they have to do is not to die. But then they see we have 2 caps, enemy DDs were kiled, so we have a won game right there and this is where the fruit brain stops working and they play cocky, push alone flanks and get deleted or chase ships that run away at the map edge (a signal that they do not want to participate in this battle at all) around the map, tunnelvision and do not understand that you are at a huge disadvantage when you tail chase a ship. Not only is it much easier to hit a target that is chasing you, but the 'hunter' does not realize that it is him who is the hunted very soon, when the enemy team start to shoot his broadside and he has no option to disengage anymore.

There are dozens and hundreds of things that go wrong with randoms and if you can be assured of one thing, then it is that a fruit basket (team full of potatoes in nice ^^) will find a way to throw the game away no matter how big the lead and advantage is.

I am fully away of the fact that my steam off will change exactly nothing, but sometimes this is needed to not develop a hate toward fruits and/or simply uninstall the game. The sad part is, that this will not even out. Yes, as a somewhat competent player you win more than you lose, but this does not mean that most of the wins are fun, because they are usually the same shitty games just with the better end. Why would I be happy about a won game that lasted 7 minutes, because the enemy team ran away from the start, we get all caps, kill 2-3 enemies and boom, we reached 1000 points. Games like this suck, because they are very low XP and credits games. It's a waste of commander Xp camos and the new flags or a wasted daily win bonus. In close games that we lose I get more XP than in these 7 minute roflstomp games that I win. And this can not be, this should never happen and is a clear sign that something goes very wrong in this game. 

This. is. so. eff-in. true, it should be carved into stone.

• Cool 1

Players
329 posts
12,968 battles

Not much that we can say on the subject mate, except for the "Better luck next time". To be fair, you ought to division up as much as possible in the high tiers to give your team a fighting chance, otherwise you end up sailing alongside cumbuckets that took 1250 battles to get from Izumo to their beloved Yamato.

[NWP]
Players
3,553 posts
5,884 battles

/end wall of text :Smile_popcorn:

M1nEp7h.gif

That reminded me of a game some time ago with my hindenburg where we had 9 ships and 960 or so points + 2 Cap. Enemy had 8 ships at that moment. Yep, we lost and we all died. I was BEGGING them to stop rushing in. I went totaly nuts in front of my PC. It was insanity. Even in the end when i went to our last cap in C our CV fucked up too and went from his cover to die...

Uninstalling the game seems like a viable option, i think this could be an awesome game but it just gets fucked up more all the time. Its just no fun at all when it doesnt matter if u win or lose.

@Boris_MNE Im actually hoping that more decent players will find the game that way, but maybe im dreaming...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,535 battles
54 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Funny thing that ... I'm constantly complaining about potatoes even in games I win. I just tend to vent that instantly with mates over TeamSpeak. Though I can very well imagine that if I had a session with an individual performance well past super-unicum levels and still consistently losing because the remaining majority of my allies are making hamfisted decisions and throwing easily won games away (and yes, people do that all the time), I'd probably need a bit more venting than just sharing my salt with whomever poor sod who's in the same teamSpeak channel (though chances are they're in that channel because they're playing with me and raging just as hard!).

You're just being as snobby ("People not capable of taking a few losses should uninstall.") as you accuse Smurf to be, which also makes you a raging hypocrite. You also failed to grasp the purpose of the thread and instead tried to make the thread about something entirely else, implying that he's just whining about losses rather than providing a counterargument with empirical evidence against the ubiquitous "only one responsible for your results are you" mindset (which makes you presumptuous).

• Cool 3