Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheCinC

Musashi (at tier IX)

4 comments in this topic

Question

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,514 battles

1) What made you decide to put Musashi at tier IX? Is that decision final? She will be essentially the same as Yamato and Yamato is so overpowered (by design, to force the US to spend a lot of time, effort and money on building a ship that could compete) that it has led to most tier IX-X ships being mostly paper designs that soundly outclass their historical counterparts. At tier IX she will engage tier VII ships which will not stand a chance.

2) Will unlocking Musashi be tied to already having access to Yamato? That way the problem of people with lots of Free XP but no clue how to play her will be somewhat less.

3 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles

1) Not the same, and there are a lot of things (like accuracy as the most obvious example) that WG can tweak to balance the ship.

Yamato is meh at best, I don't expect anything from the Musashi. Your usual tier 9s already have so much pen they just go clean through tier 7s, and with her bigger guns Musashi will do that even more.  As for overmatching stuff - tier 9s (even 8s) already overmatch 7s easily, that's nothing new with her. She will overmatch 8s and 9s, but hey, they meet Yamatos anyway.

2) Probably not. Actually, was it confirmed that she is a FreeXP ship? If not my guess still is on reward for next ranked season. 3 rank 1s is Flint, 5 is Black, after the next ranked season would be 7 - and a ship if we keep following that trend.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,514 battles

I fully expect Musashi to do a whole lot more damage when hitting.

There are numerous tier VII ships in which I would not want to face a Musashi.

With balancing you can do absolutely anything, but given that the RN did not get buffed AP, why nerf a Yamato class BB so it can be added at tier IX?

I don't think it'll do anything for the health of the game.

Sign in to follow this