Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
eraserr83

Tirpitz accuracy

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[REKT]
Players
14 posts
7,152 battles

The past few days the following thought keeps repeating in my head...

Is this familiar to anyone? :D

 

 

65a5067a118fc69026270e561ce76882--battleship-world-war.jpg

65a5067a118fc69026270e561ce76882--battleship-world-war t1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,736 posts
17,280 battles

Didn't you know? The Tirpitz is nerfed with every patch of the game. Why would you open a new thread about this common knowledge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
3,432 posts
12,795 battles

Tirpitz does not have anything remotely resembling "accuracy", that's why people should not snipe with that ship and instead brawl at ranges where the guns become somewhat accurate: 2km and below.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Derpitz guns are perfectly serviceable at 12km or so and closer.

 

Same distance as it's maximised concealment...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
617 posts
6,737 battles
8 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Tirpitz does not have anything remotely resembling "accuracy", that's why people should not snipe with that ship and instead brawl at ranges where the guns become somewhat accurate: 2km and below.

 

Doing ok in mine with 81k average damage so far BUT I engage to sub 11k and then its deadly. I find optimum for me is 8 to 12k ish. Bismark is the same you have to close range and make sure you don't get flanked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,959 posts
3,654 battles
8 minutes ago, Dragnorak said:

 

Doing ok in mine with 81k average damage so far BUT I engage to sub 11k and then its deadly. I find optimum for me is 8 to 12k ish. Bismark is the same you have to close range and make sure you don't get flanked.

Always keep one eye on your map when playing a BB. While it won't work at all times, it does heavily cut down on getting flanked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OLDG]
Players
309 posts
6,696 battles

Tirpitz, like Gneis and Bismarck, is designed as a brawler and should be played like one. It has trolly turtleback armor which prevents it from being citadelled from short range and secondaries creating an 11km destroyer exclusion zone around it. On top of that ot has the speed to dictate when and where to engage, torpedoes to make it deadly in a brawl, and very heavy hitting main guns. The accuracy is wonky, but that stops being a problem once you get close enough.

 

In short, if you're sniping from afar you're using her wrong.

Play to her strengths - not her weaknesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,010 posts
6,188 battles

Potatoes playing German BBs at max range, complaining about guns accuracy and saying "why should I sail closer from the enemies I have 20km+ range" are common nowadays.

A couple of days ago I led a charge in my Friedrich, supported by 2 cruisers behind me in my team, caped a point and destroyed 3 ships when sailing forward. I asked a Gnei and a Bismarck behind to charge with me, they did not answer, stayed faaaar away and achieved absolutely nothing in this game. I lost 90% of my health, but did a ton of damage and secured a win. 

That was epic, and imho this is the kind of play which makes that ship line so fun to play.

Decent turret rotation speed, turtle back armor, hydro, and deadly secondaries.

>> Close combat expert.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
915 posts
11,130 battles

Sometimes I have a feeling that people are like...

1,8 sigma, m.h.disp. 200m@18 km - "It's godlike!"

1,8 sigma, m.h.disp. 210m@18 km - "It's trash, completely useless."

Meanwhile the difference in for example the 38cm and the Colo B's guns (which I regard as having fantastic rifles) means that out of 100 shots, about ~3 shells less will hit within a 50m radius of the target when fired from a Tirpitz. Difference is even more daunting in T8.

Don't get me wrong, it does make a difference at range, but it's somewhat exaggerated I think. Especially so when Bismarck, Tirpitz, Gneisenau are all famous of being ships all and only about the main armament.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[REKT]
Players
14 posts
7,152 battles
19 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Potatoes playing German BBs at max range, complaining about guns accuracy and saying "why should I sail closer from the enemies I have 20km+ range" are common nowadays.

A couple of days ago I led a charge in my Friedrich, supported by 2 cruisers behind me in my team, caped a point and destroyed 3 ships when sailing forward. I asked a Gnei and a Bismarck behind to charge with me, they did not answer, stayed faaaar away and achieved absolutely nothing in this game. I lost 90% of my health, but did a ton of damage and secured a win. 

That was epic, and imho this is the kind of play which makes that ship line so fun to play.

Decent turret rotation speed, turtle back armor, hydro, and deadly secondaries.

>> Close combat expert.

 

Potatoes? Think, before you say something stupid. I know how to play this ship, but lately its guns are terrible. Even on close distance (6-8km) I manage to miss on a broadside BB, cuz the disperison.

tirp2stat.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
685 posts
5,475 battles

What kind of boob sees the Tirpitz in the shop, advertised as a close-quarters brawler and thinks, "Yes, this is for me, 20km Jim. I'm sure this ship has absolutely no balancing factor to make up for it's effectiveness up close, and it is also perfectly capable of long range bombardment with the likes of any other battleship."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,873 posts
7,662 battles
52 minutes ago, eraserr83 said:

Potatoes? Think, before you say something stupid. I know how to play this ship, but lately its guns are terrible. Even on close distance (6-8km) I manage to miss on a broadside BB, cuz the disperison.

 

 

I kinda have to agree to that. Gneisenau is not that different from bismarck, but man, that guns suck. Doesnt matter what range im at, its just awful. 3 out of 8 hits is normal at anything but highrange i think. Cant citadel any ship intentionally its only luck. Last match 8km Mogami full broadside - 3 Overpens :cap_haloween:I can understand why bad players sniper at maxrange when they get those results too...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×