5 comments in this topic

Question

[MNF1]
[MNF1]
Beta Tester
15 posts
9,285 battles

Hello,

Since the update of Win 10 with falls creator, WoWs & WoT crash at startup with the message 'The BigWorld Client has encountered an unhandled exception and must close (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION : 0xC0000005').

In the windows event, I have a 'Nom du module défaillant : ucrtbase.dll, version : 10.0.16299.15 Code d’exception : 0xc0000409'

I try what I found in different topics :

- I check the integrity of WoWs
- I delete preferences.xml
- I update my graphic card driver
- I launch a sfc /scannow
- I reinstall all visual C++ redist

It doesn't work...

Can u help fellow captains ?

4 answers to this question

[MNF1]
[MNF1]
Beta Tester
15 posts
9,285 battles

Hello,

for those who are interested in the answer :
* The support team told me that this problem is related to user's security access to files. So, I have to check this, run the game as admin. => it doesn't work!
* I uninstall WoWs & WoT => it doesn't work for the test version 0.6.13 of WoWs who remained.
* I launch pillars of eternity who give me an error message that the game can't change the size of the screen.
* off-topic: I had the game "the final station" who launch but stay iconified. After the last step, it works.
* WoWs works

A little weirdy but it works now, I suppose something forbidded to change screen resolution.

[-CRM-]
Players
7 posts
3,323 battles

I had the same issue, and i have found the real problem. This issue come after the last Windows 10 update (build 16299) and is NOT related to directx, permission or visual C++ (not waste ur time) but with a single "bugged" option in Windows.

Solution for Wows crash and for minimized games at startup:

- Go to Control panel

- Go to System

- Go to Tablet Mode

- Turn off the two "hide" options (generally u should have only 1 option enabled)

Wows and other minimized game now will work correctly.

[EXOM]
Beta Tester
6 posts
7,298 battles

Hi there, 

As i upgraded yesterday from Seven to Windows 10 OS, none wargaming games works either :'(

So for those who still handle this game "unlaunched" pb, a post relayed from hylsy_0 on WOT forum resolve instantly this ucrtbase.dll issue.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/649760-wot-wont-launch-after-windows-10-fall-creators-update/page__st__20

A great THANKS to him/her !!!

Have Fun

Grim'

2018-06-11_18h49_05.png

[UNICS]
Players
1,205 posts
15,010 battles

also delete try deleting preferences.xml but be warned you will lose your settings like controls , graphics , interface.

Sign in to follow this