Disabling Auto-steer?

5 comments in this topic

Question

[BOAT]
Players
133 posts
2,161 battles

Hi all,

Is there a way to disable the auto-steer function? Auto-steer (for me) is when you are approaching an island (or another obstacle) and your ship will automatically turn to the left/right, changing course to avoid the obstacle.

However, it has worked against me several times now, most recently today in my T5 Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, where an enemy destroyer came into detection range before turning away again. Realising he must have launched torpedoes at me, I pulled hard right. Then I switched concentration to fire at an enemy Algerie. Unfortunately I was approaching an island that (if I'd done it manually) I could have steered around either side. I only noticed too late that the auto-steer had turned me back around, so rather than avoiding the torpedoes by sailing behind the island (as I had planned), I wandered straight into them.

This was super irritating. Any way to disable it?

4 answers to this question

[PUPSI]
Players
6,245 posts
Just now, Drasnighta said:

Could you send me a screenshot (if that's all ok) of where to find this setting?

I am not at home, so no ...sorry

but it should be somehwere on the lower left, near the option to get a warning sign when your shells will hit an island 

• Cool 1

[BOAT]
Players
133 posts
2,161 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

sure, in the settings is an option

I thought that originally, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Could you send me a screenshot (if that's all ok) of where to find this setting?

Thanks very much.

[BOAT]
Players
133 posts
2,161 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

I am not at home, so no ...sorry

but it should be somehwere on the lower left, near the option to get a warning sign when your shells will hit an island 

Got it!

Collision Avoidance System.

Great! Thanks very much!

Sign in to follow this