MortenTardo

So WG. Still no fix for BB AP against DDs.

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

83 posts in this topic

Like the title says. How is the progress going? You said you were looking into it a long time ago.

I know you are very quick on nerfing if its cruiser, CV or DD related, but when DDs and cruisers gets blapped by BB AP pens for over a year its fine? 

I'm wondering if playing anything other than BBs in RB is worth it. What is the point when BBs do everything just as good, but with better survivability. 

And this would be somewhat fine, if not almost half the teams consists of BBs. 

Hell, look at the battle queue. Something is wrong? 

Spoiler

shot-17_10.23_18_07.42-0071.thumb.jpg.e1bf57599eb0cd1c7f85f673008d0110.jpg

HE is to strong. Nerf.

Torps are to strong. Quick nerf.

Smoke is to strong. Nerf

But BB AP against DD which is clearly to strong. Leave it as is? 

Its getting old WG.

14 people like this

Read their posts...

Changes to BB AP are now prepared for testing.

1 person likes this

A lot of people want their october crates (like yourself), that skews the numbers at tier 5 right now.

3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Read their posts...

Changes to BB AP are now in testing.

I hope so;)
It's funny that I'm more scared of Montana then Moskva, Hindenburg, Zao or DM while playing Gearing or Khaba.  During CW I can easily fight with vs 1 CA on Khaba, but 1 salvo with good RNG from BB and im <50% hp.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, lobuzjeden said:

I hope so;)
It's funny that I'm more scared of Montana then Moskva, Hindenburg, Zao or DM while playing Gearing or Khaba.  During CW I can easily fight with vs 1 CA on Khaba, but 1 salvo with good RNG from BB and im <50% hp.

Yes, I have athe same feeling - Montana (and majority of IX-X BBs) are more dangerous snipers for me in Fletcher-Gearing-Shima or Grozo in comparioson with cruisers... And from 20 km or more

:(.

9 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

A lot of people want their october crates (like yourself), that skews the numbers at tier 5 right now.

You dont get october crates at T10. Just as bad there ;)

15 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Like the title says. How is the progress going? You said you were looking into it a long time ago.

I know you are very quick on nerfing if its cruiser, CV or DD related, but when DDs and cruisers gets blapped by BB AP pens for over a year its fine? 

I'm wondering if playing anything other than BBs in RB is worth it. What is the point when BBs do everything just as good, but with better survivability. 

Reveal hidden contents

HE is to strong. Nerf.

Smoke is to strong. Nerf

But BB AP which is clearly to strong. Leave it as is? 

Its getting old WG.

Just one more day and t5 MM will be "normal" again

On 10/24/2017 at 5:11 PM, ColonelPete said:

Read their posts...

Mhm. I belive it when i see it.

On 10/24/2017 at 5:17 PM, Max_Kammerer said:

Yes, I have athe same feeling - Montana (and majority of IX-X BBs) are more dangerous snipers for me in Fletcher-Gearing-Shima or Grozo in comparioson with cruisers... And from 20 km or more

:(.

Its at the point that ill rather have 4 cruisers shooting at me than 1 Montana, yamato, Conq or GKF. They just seem to get full pens no matter what. 

1 person likes this

To be honest I think it's just hell taking the wrong DD out in T8 and above now for a normalish player. I took my Lo yang out last night and came up against a Midway of all things and a bunch of T10 crusiers too, and he was good. So he had me perma spotted pretty fast as soon as he saw the cap changing and then I was targeted by no less than 7 ships and of course even with defensive fire and running away I didn't last long. 

So I asked myself afterwards if I could have played it out any different and short of not going anywhere near the cap and basically spending the whole game running away from plane lanes, the Missouri and the Rusky Cruisers and not engaging, not really was my answer.  Of course I have games where that does not happen but if he knows what he is doing and actively looks for you you're screwed basically.

Not that I'm much good in my Lo Yang mind you but at this level I now switch to BB's pretty much...

1 minute ago, Dragnorak said:

To be honest I think it's just hell taking the wrong DD out in T8 and above now for a normalish player. I took my Lo yang out last night and came up against a Midway of all things and a bunch of T10 crusiers too, and he was good. So he had me perma spotted pretty fast as soon as he saw the cap changing and then I was targeted by no less than 7 ships and of course even with defensive fire and running away I didn't last long. 

So I asked myself afterwards if I could have played it out any different and short of not going anywhere near the cap and basically spending the whole game running away from plane lanes, the Missouri and the Rusky Cruisers and not engaging, not really was my answer.  Of course I have games where that does not happen but if he knows what he is doing and actively looks for you you're screwed basically.

Not that I'm much good in my Lo Yang mind you but at this level I now switch to BB's pretty much...

Its not much better at low tier I was APed twice last night by full salvos from OR while grinding the Nicholas 9k and 7k from around 11km I felt like a CA/CL :Smile-_tongue:

50 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Read their posts...

I've been asking for changes in BB AP when shot at DD and CA for a long time.

Where did you find this information?

BB AP will always cause overpens on DDs. There, I fixed the game.

Holy Molly I should be a game dev.

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

I somehow doubt that considering I don't see Ganguts everywhere. One or two per team, the rest is still the usual RN and KM BBs. If this were a typical rush, I'd expect to see a lot more Ganguts ingame.

And let's not forget the other tiers. Whenever I enter the queue, I see the MM pool like this 0-3 CVs, 60+ BBs, 6-10 CA/CLs, 6-10 DDs.

Then again, those BB numbers are nothing new (and I still haven't seen WG adress the BB overpopulation despite their promises and placative words) and BB AP vs DDs isn't THE cause, but part of the complete fool-resistant package that makes BBs so appealling to play for everyone (but especially the potatoes that need their precious powercreeped crutches). Imho BB AP should never arm on DDs (exception would be the Khaba with its 50mm plate). Overpens alone do more than enough damage with a decent hit anyway, shaving off a quarter or more of their health.

1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

I somehow doubt that considering I don't see Ganguts everywhere. One or two per team, the rest is still the usual RN and KM BBs. If this were a typical rush, I'd expect to see a lot more Ganguts ingame.

And let's not forget the other tiers. Whenever I enter the queue, I see the MM pool like this 0-3 CVs, 60+ BBs, 6-10 CA/CLs, 6-10 DDs.

Then again, those BB numbers are nothing new (and I still haven't seen WG adress the BB overpopulation despite their promises and placative words) and BB AP vs DDs isn't THE cause, but part of the complete fool-resistant package that makes BBs so appealling to play for everyone (but especially the potatoes that need their precious powercreeped crutches). Imho BB AP should never arm on DDs (exception would be the Khaba with its 50mm plate). Overpens alone do more than enough damage with a decent hit anyway, shaving off a quarter or more of their health.

Just been in a few battles with my Nicholas and the Ganguts are everywhere like 3 per team and yes one managed to do 11k on my DD with ap from around 12km , only 192 BBs in queue total joke. 

3 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

Just been in a few battles with my Nicholas and the Ganguts are everywhere like 3 per team and yes one managed to do 11k on my DD with ap from around 12km , only 192 BBs in queue total joke. 

Hadn't seen anything like that yet, but I'll take your word for it.

1 hour ago, elblancogringo said:

I've been asking for changes in BB AP when shot at DD and CA for a long time.

Where did you find this information?

8 hours ago, Sub_Octavian said:

Eh...no?
Despite of being tied to the same game mechanics, these two topics are different. I hope that it's not that hard to understand.

This change should:

1. Reduce overall damage to cruisers and DDs a bit (that does not mean this is the ultimate solution to improve their survival rate; that's a minor QoL change);

2. Reduce the dependence on premium DCP for cruisers and DDs.

3. Improve the beginner's experience on these classes ultimately.

RN BB HE does contribute to the overall fire damage taken, however, as perfectly seen from Conqueror stats breakdown, and some followed-up player research, their primary targets are other BBs.

And, as BBs do have great alpha,  armor, HP, access to heal and high comfort level - we do not plan to make them burn less at all. 

RN BBs actually may be changed more in the future, but I highly doubt it will be their HE.

What we want to do is to make DDs and cruisers more comfortable, and that's one of the steps we plan. Other nice stuff is in testing - e.g. the BB AP things/ballistics fixed we discussed here are being actively prepared for super-tests. We know these classes can use some love, and they will receive it.

By the way, be sure to watch the dev blog today for other nice changes. Let's just say, RN CLs and other ships many of you have vouched for are to receive small incremental QoL improvements :Smile_Default:
Cheers!

Yeah hit for 10k by an Iron Duke in a single salvo as a Gaede just now... 

:cap_book:

yea BB AP and its effects against DD's needs looking at :/ Iowa and Missouri are among the worst for this.

5 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Reveal hidden contents

HE is to strong. Nerf.

Smoke is to strong. Nerf

But BB AP which is clearly to strong. Leave it as is? 

Its getting old WG.

The fix was officially announced by @Sub_Octavian for Q2'2018 some time early summer this year. Complete joke for such a serious issue if you ask me. Knowing WG though it will be 2019 i.e. never. I think they need to finish the stronk Russian BBs first which as everybody knows fought the most battles of all nations during WW2 .

3 minutes ago, Dampfboot said:

The fix was officially announced by @Sub_Octavian for Q2'2018 some time early summer this year. Complete joke for such a serious issue if you ask me. Knowing WG though it will be 2019 i.e. never. I think they need to finish the stronk Russian BBs first which as everybody knows fought the most battles of all nations during WW2 .

Yeah. Pump out more BBs first. We need that. Not enough of them. 

4 hours ago, MacFergus said:

Its not much better at low tier I was APed twice last night by full salvos from OR while grinding the Nicholas 9k and 7k from around 11km I felt like a CA/CL :Smile-_tongue:

Just noticed today that OR seems to be good at that.

Nothing new in getting normal pened from bow/stern, but when those seem to happen from any direction...

There must be some bug in code when that DD's armor enough to trigger BB APs doesn't seem to do anything against HE or against 152mm APs...

Well, guess we should be glad that BB AP doesn't (yet) instant strip away what little AA DDs have...

What exactly is wrong with AP vs DD? You guys know it's not easy to hit a DD who know how to WASD hax right?

1 minute ago, P2Win said:

You guys know it's not easy to hit a DD who know how to WASD hax right?

BB inaccuracy ironically results in a pretty good chance to hit dodging DDs. All you need to do is fire in the general direction.

I have no problems at all nailing DDs within 12km in any BB.

1 hour ago, EsaTuunanen said:

Just noticed today that OR seems to be good at that.

Nothing new in getting normal pened from bow/stern, but when those seem to happen from any direction...

There must be some bug in code when that DD's armor enough to trigger BB APs doesn't seem to do anything against HE or against 152mm APs...

Well, guess we should be glad that BB AP doesn't (yet) instant strip away what little AA DDs have...

It's not a bug, it's working as intended (although evidently not as desired). It's a combination of battleship calibre shells overmatching destroyer armour so they never autobounce combined with angling increasing the effective thickness of the armour enough to arm the AP shells and the length of a typical destroyer being sufficient to allow the shell to detonate inside the destroyer.

10 minutes ago, P2Win said:

What exactly is wrong with AP vs DD? You guys know it's not easy to hit a DD who know how to WASD hax right?

I cannot count the times i have blapped DDs with my Mongtana and Mongqueror. Its to easy imo. 

Infact. Its easier to kill DDs with BBs than most cruisers. And its faster. One or two salvos. blap gone. 

Should not be like that at all. 

Its not hard. Just take the shot and RNG will deside if its a goal or not..

1 person likes this