Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Browarszky

Time to uninstall WoWS

51 comments in this topic

... and free up valuable disk space.

I see that the forum banner's been changed and the 2nd Anniversary has ended. For me it ended when I failed to complete their sodding anniversary collection (with only 3 duplicates more needed) and never got that cheap 2nd anniversary pixel rag for my ships.

/rant

TBH I had some underlying issues, that was just the last straw. I've never been happy how they removed the Imperator Nikolai from the premium shop, also Gremy was another ship I would have wanted to have. But my major gripe is about game play in WoWS. To me the game seemed much better in open beta than what's been evolving into. True, back then I played lower tiers or mid tiers at best, but to my mind the game play on those tiers was much better than what it is now on higher tiers.

On lower tiers the ships have more limited ranges and you actually have to think about tactics if you want to win the battle. On higher tiers now, it seems that most of the game play involves finding an island or a puff of smoke from where to farm damage with little or no risk to yourself.

IMHO that's not really what a naval warfare game should be about, but then again, I grew up playing the likes of Great Naval Battles North Atlantic, Silent Silence and other much more simulation oriented games.

Maybe I just don't have the arcade mentality.

• Cool 1

U know, playing hightiers is not the ultimate goal in this game. Noone forces u to play T8/9/10... If u want to play T4 why not do it if it is more fun?

other than that, i dont understand which is the last straw? That u didnt get the Flag? Unfurtunately i have to say, the collection was very easy to achieve imo.

• Cool 3

Miessa3   
9 minutes ago, Browarszky said:

I see that the forum banner's been changed and the 2nd Anniversary has ended. For me it ended when I failed to complete their sodding anniversary collection (with only 3 duplicates more needed) and never got that cheap 2nd anniversary pixel rag for my ships.

/rant

TBH I had some underlying issues, that was just the last straw. I've never been happy how they removed the Imperator Nikolai from the premium shop, also Gremy was another ship I would have wanted to have. But my major gripe is about game play in WoWS. To me the game seemed much better in open beta than what's been evolving into. True, back then I played lower tiers or mid tiers at best, but to my mind the game play on those tiers was much better than what it is now on higher tiers.

On lower tiers the ships have more limited ranges and you actually have to think about tactics if you want to win the battle. On higher tiers now, it seems that most of the game play involves finding an island or a puff of smoke from where to farm damage with little or no risk to yourself.

IMHO that's not really what a naval warfare game should be about, but then again, I grew up playing the likes of Great Naval Battles North Atlantic, Silent Silence and other much more simulation oriented games.

You just want them op premiums? Why not just buy Kutusov instead? (well not possible anymore) Or wait until Gremy is reintroduced in the shop (as it is not so op anymore)?

Or you know just adapt.... you can't have them all.

The meta is constantly changing and even the smokemeta is adressed by WG now so this point is mute,

If you wanted realistic Battles this game was always the wrong one for you. Sorry this is an arcade game, but if you really played since beta (with another account) like you said then you should've noticed......

I am glad you realized what you really want.

Close the door behind you.

Edit: Oh and this Forum is meant for Diskussions not oneside leaving notices.

Nikolai and Gremy were OP. OP ships are not a good thing in competitive games, stick in low tiers. HI tier is not your home watching your stats, no offense.

• Cool 1

13 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

You just want them op premiums? Why not just buy Kutusov instead? (well not possible anymore) Or wait until Gremy is reintroduced in the shop (as it is not so op anymore)?

Or you know just adapt.... you can't have them all.

The meta is constantly changing and even the smokemeta is adressed by WG now so this point is mute,

If you wanted realistic Battles this game was always the wrong one for you. Sorry this is an arcade game, but if you really played since beta (with another account) like you said then you should've noticed......

I am glad you realized what you really want.

Close the door behind you.

Edit: Oh and this Forum is meant for Diskussions not oneside leaving notices.

Well, I'm all up for discussing the reasons but I was never cut out to be Hamlet... 

I have the MK but I've never liked it much. As for the Nikolai, I had reasons for not wanting that ship (never completed as a real ship) and reasons for wanting it (mostly because it was the only Russian battleship in the game). The fact that it was OP was a lesser one, especially when you consider it's a very low tier ship unsuitable for most missions or campaigns.

I don't mind the fact that a game is arcade because it usually means (to me) that the game is easier to learn and play than a simulation (iirc SSI/SSG games weren't that easy to play), but what I do object to is when they throw any semblance of reality out the window.

11 minutes ago, Krikkio82 said:

Nikolai and Gremy were OP. OP ships are not a good thing in competitive games, stick in low tiers. HI tier is not your home watching your stats, no offense.

None taken.

The collection was incredibly easy to finish, and I did so in less than a week while barely playing more than 2, maybe 3 matches a day. You failed to do so in what, a month? idk how long it has been going on for.

Complaining about not being able to purchase broken premiums on top of being unable to finish a collection like that sets a precedent, you know. If you really want a Gangut though, why not get the October Revolution? as it is simply an upgraded Nikolai iirc.

• Cool 1

Miessa3   
1 hour ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

The collection was incredibly easy to finish, and I did so in less than a week while barely playing more than 2, maybe 3 matches a day. You failed to do so in what, a month? idk how long it has been going on for.

Complaining about not being able to purchase broken premiums on top of being unable to finish a collection like that sets a precedent, you know. If you really want a Gangut though, why not get the October Revolution? as it is simply an upgraded Nikolai iirc.

...with crappy Tier V MM you have to add though!

iJoby   
1 hour ago, Browarszky said:

I see that the forum banner's been changed and the 2nd Anniversary has ended

The new banner has some bits missing, How dare they!! It should look like this Below.

toast-new-12mb.gif

Cosseria   
2 hours ago, Browarszky said:

On higher tiers now, it seems that most of the game play involves finding an island or a puff of smoke from where to farm damage with little or no risk to yourself.

Guess why I have demounted smoke from all my DDs that allow it; puffing a smoke under 12 kms from the enemy means calling a radar scoop and a torpedo wall. Do it in a cruiser and any BB with a spotter plane can pinpoint your location and delete you. Even a barely coordinating team, where BBs push and support their scouting elements, is almost immune to smoke.

I just realized that the problem for me isn't in simulation vs. arcade, it's just in how WG is implementing their version of arcade. Some of the best games I've played have been arcade games (coin operated...) whether they involved shooting  American tanks and stuff (20 kop. per round) or torpedoing surface vessels.

Sega Periscope is probably my all time fav arcade game. I wish WG had a similar interpretation of what arcade games are like (I don't necessarily mean WoWS should have submarines).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-XW2gKYxGM

Not the real thing, mind you, for that have a look at these:

http://segaretro.org/Periscope

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/sperisc.htm

i aint go any collection so far

i aint got captain dunkirk

i aint got bismark

i just have no time

i got this annivery collection like a cakewalk you could be in coma and semi afk and getting it EASY xD

• Cool 1

The game does have issues at the moment the overpopulation of BBs being the biggest but its not a lost cause by any means the introduction of clan battles has helped but what I would see is just enjoy the game I've been playing since CBT and never felt the need to get to high tier , chin up and just play a couple of battles a day.

Meh Nikolai and Gremy are simply not that fun to play. I have both but the BB is too slow and the DD has really slow turret rotation that kills the enjoyment for me. 

Both are brutally effective however but I don't feel anyone is missing all that much by not having them.

Then again I would say that as I own both :cap_cool:

2 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Meh Nikolai and Gremy are simply not that fun to play. I have both but the BB is too slow and the DD has really slow turret rotation that kills the enjoyment for me. 

Both are brutally effective however but I don't feel anyone is missing all that much by not having them.

Then again I would say that as I own both :cap_cool:

Well the Orion has taken the Niks crown as king of T4 and the Gremy is still strong for T5 but lost its Mojo with the SF nerf :Smile_sad: 

Just now, MacFergus said:

Well the Orion has taken the Niks crown as king of T4 and the Gremy is still strong for T5 but lost its Mojo with the SF nerf :Smile_sad: 

Nikolai's accuracy and 12 guns still give her the edge. Plus they've got that crazy ability to rotate from port and starboard giving you 9 guns however much you change direction. 

I've done fine with Gremy since SF got junked but I'll play either ship probably once a week max. Clubbing with an unstoppable weapon is just dull. I'd rather play my Atlanta or a Fast BB which seem to be my chosen ship type recently...

EdiJo   
5 hours ago, Browarszky said:

Thank you!

It was actually quite easy to complete.

/rant

TBH I had some underlying issues, that was just the last straw. I've never been happy how they removed the Imperator Nikolai from the premium shop, also Gremy was another ship I would have wanted to have.

Yeah... Key vehicle: Kutuzov. With 21k average dmg :cap_old:

But my major gripe is about game play in WoWS. To me the game seemed much better in open beta than what's been evolving into. True, back then I played lower tiers or mid tiers at best, but to my mind the game play on those tiers was much better than what it is now on higher tiers.

Thanks to players like you. I am not some godly unicum, but it is the players who do 75% of the (very casual...) server average, yet god-knows-why insist on playing tier 8+ are the problem here. 

Depends on who are you playing with. And how do YOU play. Even Kutuzov is not limited to "sitting in a puff" "with no risk"

You just don't improve. 5500 battles, thousands of hours spent playing - and still your stats are way below the average. 

Learn - this "average" level is really not very high and you should be better simple from experience. If not - yes, uninstall. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

Tuuletar   
6 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

U know, playing hightiers is not the ultimate goal in this game. Noone forces u to play T8/9/10... If u want to play T4 why not do it if it is more fun?

other than that, i dont understand which is the last straw? That u didnt get the Flag? Unfurtunately i have to say, the collection was very easy to achieve imo.

Thats not "entirely" true.

Most Missions/Campaign forces you to use tier 8+ ships to complete.

When you are a human you want to collect all "special" "rare" collectables best as you can.

This prevents people playing in tiers that they like.

So why just not play in that tier what you like and stop caring about the useless swag?

Its not that simple because human is weird living organism

3 minutes ago, Tuuletar said:

Most Missions/Campaign forces you to use tier 8+ ships to complete.

Who exactly forces me to complete campains etc?

4 minutes ago, Tuuletar said:

When you are a human you want to collect all "special" "rare" collectables best as you can.

This might be your way of looking at things. Humans also tend to be very different. Some ppl cba, dont give a hootchie or wont invest the time in things like that. They play the game the way they see it fit. bummer?

Tuuletar   
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

Who exactly forces me to complete campains etc?

This might be your way of looking at things. Humans also tend to be very different. Some ppl cba, dont give a hootchie or wont invest the time in things like that. They play the game the way they see it fit. bummer?

Yes people are different.

WG should still consider some changes to this because some people will tire themselfs from the game.

I enjoy playing on low mid high tiers and i do not have any issues with them but would be nice to play bit more on lower tiers aswell.

Since i want to collect all the useless swag im bound in high tiers.

MaxxyNL   
7 hours ago, Browarszky said:

/rant

It took you some time to wright your "i am leaving/uninstalling post", because the last battle you played was on October 1st. :Smile_hiding:

I guess you don't have an OP keyboard. :Smile-_tongue:

Correct me if i am wrong

kvFLJMs.png

1 hour ago, MaxxyNL said:

It took you some time to wright your "i am leaving/uninstalling post", because the last battle you played was on October 1st. :Smile_hiding:

I guess you don't have an OP keyboard. :Smile-_tongue:

Correct me if i am wrong

kvFLJMs.png

You are correct, I played my last battle October 1st.

Juanx   

Oh wow, nice to see you go, would have hated to have you on my teams.

And as someone pointed out, took you long enough.

46 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Oh wow, nice to see you go, would have hated to have you on my teams.

And as someone pointed out, took you long enough.

Some people here have rightly pointed out that I'm (below) average. Some people choose to do it differently, it seems.

4 hours ago, MacFergus said:

The game does have issues at the moment the overpopulation of BBs being the biggest but its not a lost cause by any means the introduction of clan battles has helped but what I would see is just enjoy the game I've been playing since CBT and never felt the need to get to high tier , chin up and just play a couple of battles a day.

My preference was for BB's, so my leaving will help to restore the balance to some minor degree.

4 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Nikolai's accuracy and 12 guns still give her the edge. Plus they've got that crazy ability to rotate from port and starboard giving you 9 guns however much you change direction. 

I've done fine with Gremy since SF got junked but I'll play either ship probably once a week max. Clubbing with an unstoppable weapon is just dull. I'd rather play my Atlanta or a Fast BB which seem to be my chosen ship type recently...

Well, I think Nikolai turned out to be the fly in my ointment along with the fact that game play was something I never really managed to learn.

What I actually don't get (among other things) is how WoWS is considered an arcade game when it lacks what I think are arcade game features such as respawning, simple damage modelling and simple (read easily learned) game mechanics. IMO WoWS is not a simple game but a fairly complex one to learn to play properly.

That puzzles me because complexity is something I've grown to expect more from simulations. Yet I got that nagging suspicion that WoWS complexity is not fully based on or reflecting the real complexities of naval warfare. I could be wrong in which case I'd really like (even if I am leaving) for someone who actually knows things to point out where and how the game mechanics most match reality and where they most differ from it.

Sign in to follow this