Sign in to follow this  
Capra76

Bismarck 18th point captain skill

For your 18th captain skill point..............  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should you chose:

• Fire prevention
    • Concealment expert
    • Other

9 comments in this topic

Players
4,982 posts
7,787 battles

I can't make my mind up between CE and FP so I though I'd start a poll, what do you think the best choice is for an 18 point captain?

[T-N-T]
Players
340 posts
5,949 battles

I'd love to know as well:)

It all depends on your build and mainly playstyle. You also didnt mentioned how is your build like...in case of secondary build I'd go for FP as you are on fire alot. I use this build for Tirp and it works well. But better concealement is always handy, true...

[XBGX]
Players
203 posts
10,695 battles

Both FP and CE are good choices, but I would go with FP.

With CE you will easily get close enough to make your secondaries work hard on the enemy and with FP you will endure more while you push the enemy CA/CL/RN BBs. If you play well around islands, you can spec FP and use cover+hydro to get close enough to the enemy without any wild DD drifting around you and torping you to death. With CE you will do better on more open maps, but keep in mind that the BB detection by air is still quite high and fighter/spotter planes will see you from afar. It is very annoying when you have an enemy ship just outside your detection range, they are about to turn broadside to you and then suddenly they pop a plane in the air and stop turning - you've been waiting for the perfect shot and it never arrives...

Players
8,241 posts

FP since you're a brawler. CE will only really work for the first few minutes as thereafter you're trying to close to 11km to engage the secondaries.

Players
4,982 posts
7,787 battles
6 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Tell us your current build and we can speculate from there.

Set to zero at the moment, but my preference is:

• PT (final point to go into EL)
  • EM
  • BoS
  • AFT + MS

I know that EM isn't really necessary, but I prefer getting my main guns into action faster above the situational buff that AR gives (maybe I'm just not very good at planning ahead).

5 hours ago, Negativvv said:

FP since you're a brawler. CE will only really work for the first few minutes as thereafter you're trying to close to 11km to engage the secondaries.

Even when I'm brawling (against anything but other Bismarck anyway) I don't find myself getting two central fires very often, having played around with both for the last few days I find the ability to disengage more useful.

The problem I have is trying to predict the future, at the moment I think it's a close decision, but what happens if/when players grind to the Monarch/Lion/Conq, does that change FP to a clear win?  Set against that, is there likely to be some kind of global nerf to fire or specific nerf to the RN, does that bring CE into the lead?

[T-N-T]
Players
340 posts
5,949 battles
15 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Well secondary build works well untill GK.

PM, AR, BFT, AFT, Manual 2nd, SI is pretty much the Core.

I wouldn't call BFT core. I'd take FP instead any day of week as its usefull every single battle where BFT only when close/under air atack. KM ships are brawlers, but it doesnt mean they spend all the time in secondaries range....

Players
401 posts
7,897 battles
2 hours ago, Dropman12 said:

I wouldn't call BFT core. I'd take FP instead any day of week as its usefull every single battle where BFT only when close/under air atack. KM ships are brawlers, but it doesnt mean they spend all the time in secondaries range....

They dont but thats where i usually end up at mid to late game, just havet gotten 3 fires on tirpitz or bish in ages. FP on bish kinda meh but its bigger brother it is usefull if the guns would behave, target so large its hard to miss.

Sign in to follow this