Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mandalorianer

Intentional gimping of (non-premium ship) BASE XP for the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya marathon?

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

59 posts in this topic

So I wonder... Did Wargaming do it? To be honest, I'am inclined to believe it. Had yesterday around 40 games (yes, I was stupid enough to take vacation and even buy premium time...) for the 1600 Base XP mission and the only ships I saw going above 1600 XP were Tier VI+ premiums.

I know that everyone in this forum does 1600 Base XP with a Tier I while blind and only one hand, but I failed so far.

I don't own premium ships, so the closest I came was 1546 Base XP in a Tier VI game in a Fubuki. To make it short; 103k DmG, 6 kills (4 BBs, 1 Cruiser, 1 DD), Kraken and 2x Dev. Strikes, 2 fire, 5 floodings. It was a standart game tho...so no cap XP.

I roughly know the math behind the XP system and I feel a little cheated because I'am not the best player most of the time... So yeah... Any opinions or just the usual flamewar?

1 person likes this

Did it with non premium ship FdG. First attempt and got above 1.6k exp. Was tier X so I was concentrating fire mostly on them :Smile_trollface:

Yamato, average game, 110k damage, 2 kills - 2400 base XP. Anything tier 7 and above with a reasonable good game will most likely get beyond 1600 base XP threshold on a standard ship.

1 person likes this

The higher the tier the more XP you get. 1600 on a win at tier 10 is almost a guarantee even with an average game. If you play low/mid tier make sure to play something like Cleveland because 1) excellent DD killer = a lot of XP and 2) excellent AA, because killed planes = ridiculous XP. Your problem is not so much of how you play but at what tier you play.

Update

It also does not harm to slap a 100% XP camo and some XP flags on your ship to complete the mission. And do not tell me you have none, because WG throws them in metric tons at the players for free for all kind of missions and events.

8 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Update

It also does not harm to slap a 100% XP camo and some XP flags on your ship to complete the mission. And do not tell me you have none, because WG throws them in metric tons at the players for free for all kind of missions and events.

Flags affect the xp earned overall but it doesn't affect the base XP right?

I struggled and struggled to make this one; playing the lower tiers, as I do.

So I actually gave up trying. Figured it was beyond my meagre skillzzzzz.

Then purely by a fluke I got it during what was (for me) an exceptionally good game. So I would say to the OP, don't try, and it will eventually happen.

The higher tier you play, the higher the average XP you earn.

Personally I played several battles yesterday that qualified for the 1600 BXP, from Tier 4 to Tier 10. I didn't notice any gimping in the rewards I earned at all.

3 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Correct. Post Battle Resulsts Team Overview Screen is what matters.

6 minutes ago, Adwaenyth said:

Correct. Post Battle Resulsts Team Overview Screen is what matters.

Yeah that's why it would be a waste of flags. OP's best bet is to just play higher tier games.

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

So I wonder... Did Wargaming do it? To be honest, I'am inclined to believe it. Had yesterday around 40 games (yes, I was stupid enough to take vacation and even buy premium time...) for the 1600 Base XP mission and the only ships I saw going above 1600 XP were Tier VI+ premiums.

I know that everyone in this forum does 1600 Base XP with a Tier I while blind and only one hand, but I failed so far.

I don't own premium ships, so the closest I came was 1546 Base XP in a Tier VI game in a Fubuki. To make it short; 103k DmG, 6 kills (4 BBs, 1 Cruiser, 1 DD), Kraken and 2x Dev. Strikes, 2 fire, 5 floodings. It was a standart game tho...so no cap XP.

I roughly know the math behind the XP system and I feel a little cheated because I'am not the best player most of the time... So yeah... Any opinions or just the usual flamewar?

I did it with my Baltimore yesterday shooting down 23 planes and doing one solocap. :cap_cool:

In fact like everyone says any Tier VIII+ silvership should be rather easy to push over the 1600 base exp if you are any good, especially DDs in Domination.

If you go premium the only one i know with noticable boost to BASE xp and in fact also a good ship for this is the Sims.

Good Luck

25 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

The only Prem i can think of that gets a Base XP bonus is the Sims..

I did it in the Fletcher. There is no difference in the mission for Prem or non prem ship.. As others have said its easer the higher tier ship you play. 

Also remember the XP mechanic.. Kill Full health DD doing 15K damage will give you more XP than killing a BB that has 60K HP Total and you killed it when it had 30K HP left. Also killing lower tier ships will not give the same XP reward as killing Higher tier ships

So the OP is accusing WG, feels cheated, because he's not able to do 1600 base exp in a game during what, ten days ?

1 person likes this

Erm I did mine first time with Aki, 100k damage and not Prem. Sorry...

AFAIK base xp isn't influenced by flags, cammo's or premium ships. For 1600 base XP I need a good game. Not really a spectacular epic battle of legends. I did it in Monarch. T8 is very well suited because you're nearly always outtiered. Damaging higher tier ships yields more xp (and credits). And the smaller the ship the higher the yield. My advice: try to "click and forget" about the mission and just play on and do your best like always. You'll see that you've suddenly will make it. The more "obsessed" you are during a fight for that mission, the more chance of making mistakes. Looking at that match where you were very close. My guess it was a lost match. Unless you were toptier I'd say that should have sufficed in a voctory match for 1600 BXP.

36 minutes ago, pra3y said:

true

UPDATE

Best source for XP are killed planes and at tier 5/6 there are very often 2 CVs per side.

Spoiler

shot-17.06.03_08.34.34-0059.jpg

From ranked with only 7 ships, but planes

shot-17.07.12_22.09.27-0209.jpg

49 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Bilderesultat for tinfoil hat

I would say a tier 6 game would be more of a struggle than you need. I tried twice in Sims and best I had was 1597. That was vs tier 9 ships and I even killed a Missouri. Some small amounts of rage may have occurred.

Played Z52 later in the day and managed a 100k game with a solo cap and easily hit I think like 2k.

I always wonder...

Do they breed all those conspiracy theories all in the same place or do they have different places for that?

Only yesterday, I did 1600+ with Fiji, Edinburgh and Donskoi. Ill leave it to OP to check, if they are premium...

btw @Mandalorianer - if its so hard for you to make 1600 base XP - why not just buy the ship if you want it so desperatly? You obviously invested in premium (which doesnt help for that mission) and took a day (or more?) off from work? Im sure, not everybody is capable of doing 1600 base XP. And WG has every right to put the bar to such a level, that a part of the players wont make it. Else they could just make a mission "Log in to your account twice" - which wouldnt be a mission at all, dont you agree? There needs to be a challenge...

Causation/correlation failure.

T6 premium player doing well will often be a good player with a strong Captain playing lower tiers for fun.

There's little attraction to playing a silver ship you have already ground out unless you really like it.

The only ship that has a base xp modifier (that I know of) is the Sims 

Go out there in your highest tier ship that you feel comfortable in and do your best 

Base XP gains have felt normal to me. 1600 is kind of a nasty number in that it's not super high, so you feel you should get it easily. But it's high enough that it might actually take a while.

Unlike all the Super-Unicum Overlords posting above, I don't have a single ship where I get 1600 all the time. But in Tier VIII+ I get it fairly often in wins. I finally got a 1750 game in Des Moines (~90k damage and 3 kills).

Do you have higher tier ship to use? It definitely gets easier in high tiers.

A division mate of mine did the 1600+ last night with Tier IV Izyaslav though (6 kill game), so it's possible in low tiers.

Funny how some "snowflakes" always think that a simple question = Alex Jones LvL conspiricy therorie... :cap_haloween:

Took me 5 games. 

Henri IV almost never disappoints :cap_cool:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0