Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elblancogringo

Musashi specifications

147 comments in this topic

614 posts
10,075 battles

The way I see it, it might end up either unbalanced, or balanced but about as fun as a stock Izumo.

Aaalright, it might turn out well, but it wouldn't be my first option. I just have some kind of natural aversion towards doing this to sister ships.

[TSUN] Shadowotaku
58 posts
3,127 battles

Her price Will be around 800k freexp. Can't wait to test Her and buy Her when she hits live if nothing else then for historical and collecting need

[HOTEL] Kittykami
288 posts
7,279 battles

Even I'm not weeb enough to want to play a 1.8 sigma Yamato with no AA and garbage secondaries, even if she does finally have a proper paint scheme. 

image.jpeg

• Cool 3

[5CRUB] PseudoMi
588 posts
3,746 battles

Musashi could have been the only legendary and real, premium ship at tier 10. However it is not Russian => nerf down one tier, to make place to mighty Stalingrad.

• Cool 2

[NWP] Negativvv
7,151 posts
9,896 battles
2 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Got Yamato and Missouri, so no thanks. 

I rather shoot accurate guns at T8-10 than inaccurate guns at T7-10.

Yeah I agree, accurate guns are the single most important trait for an enjoyable BB. Watching shells derp then having to wait 30s to roll the dice is just tedious when you know it's RNG and not your own aiming. 

Splashes all around a target anyone?

• Cool 1

[NWP] Negativvv
7,151 posts
9,896 battles
2 hours ago, JaiFoh said:

The reason why there is so much mystery around the yamato class is due to the fact that following the end of the war the Japanese naval staff destroyed nearly all the documents. 
indeed many of the more comprehensive documents on the Yamato class were actually recovered from the German high command in Berlin. 

How on earth did that come about?! Wouldn't really have benefited anyone late war, where did you find that info from?

[SCRUB] WolfGewehr
In AlfaTesters
1,338 posts
4,973 battles
3 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

Musashi could have been the only legendary and real, premium ship at tier 10. However it is not Russian => nerf down one tier, to make place to mighty Stalingrad.

Yeah, Musashi should have been T10. Especially as WG shows with Stalingrad that T10 prems are possible.

• Cool 1

[AKI] Affeks
1,278 posts
4,874 battles

I like that they placed it at tier 9, tbh thats where she should be to create the most variety. However she looks way too weak, especially its AA.

Who not use the late war refit which gave Musashi about 277 dps @ 3.1km... I would rather have a usable AA rather than those useless 155mm secondaries.

The 35 second reload as well as .3 less sigma compared to Yamato is kinda too much. the 460mm guns wont do anything to tier 7 ships that 406mm guns cant do. The loss of 6 127mm guns puts Musashis secondaries waaaay below all other tier 9s save for Lion. 

I love this ship, but it needs more love if I'm gonna have to spend money on it.

[ONE2] RAHJAILARI
1,300 posts
11,115 battles

Aww crapola... So they DID do it in the 1941 config then. :cap_fainting:So I will be forced to buy it at some stage, djaam! It is a horrible thing when they do stuff like that and I obviously have no choice. :Smile_coin: Sigh! :Smile_amazed:

[BLITZ] SeeteufeI
1,430 posts
7,547 battles

Musashi

Tier: X

Research price: 1,500,000

Restriction: own a tier X battleship

That's how it should've been done, in my opinion. 

BUT: Third free experience battleship, while no other class is available. Poor choice! 

If WG decide to bring her as a free experience ship it would be a poor choice, since there are already two battleships available.

507 posts
2,543 battles
9 hours ago, Negativvv said:

How on earth did that come about?! Wouldn't really have benefited anyone late war, where did you find that info from?

From my understanding in a book i read some years ago about German Naval programs all the way from 1815 to 1945, the German Naval Attache (if i remember right he was an admiral and commanded one of the pocket battleships earlier in his career) in Tokyo was permitted to tour one of the Yamato Class while it was in dry dock and undergoing maintenance in 1942. It took Hitler making a personal appeal to the Japanese Govt, one of the few foreigners allowed near the ship. 
From there he created a detailed document and sent it to Berlin and these were preserved. 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB] T0byJug
3,671 posts
11,247 battles
13 hours ago, MacFergus said:

Another BB what a great idea........:Smile_facepalm:

Must admit I agree.. Will still get her. But why not a free XP DD/CA/CL we have 2 BBs already. Already back to 570K Free XP after Nelson and Missouri 

[5CRUB] PseudoMi
588 posts
3,746 battles
2 hours ago, SeeteufeI said:

BUT: Third free experience battleship, while no other class is available. Poor choice!

Musashi is not confirmed as FreePex ship.

[HR] P2Win
662 posts
6,872 battles

Wish it was a t10 premium..Or even sell something in the shop that turns regular ships into premium..

[BLITZ] SeeteufeI
1,430 posts
7,547 battles
5 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

Musashi is not confirmed as FreePex ship.

Oh well, my bad. How did I get that idea?! :cap_hmm:

1,695 posts
5,740 battles

Still 72 seconds of turret traverse and 35 seconds of reload... Don't get me wrong, I get that that's the minimum to balance those guns with also the 1.8 sigma at tier 9, but... my god, we'll grow a beard between shots if we need to change the ship direction. Also I don't know where's the AA which as pointed out before there's not that much CV at those tiers to worry that much about it.

Except I do. I always will. A ship with no AA past tier 7 or even 6 will never be safe, not even a m*********ing Yamato class. Yamato's AA is already lacking a bit and look at that deck of Musashi.

"A ship is all about the cannons" BB if I ever saw one.

1,922 posts

I always bow camp with Yamato and use mostly 6 guns so I can live with turret traverse.

With reload module, I can get 31s reload, it is not too bad.

1.8 sigma with low dispersion still is very deadly

[HR] P2Win
662 posts
6,872 battles
3 minutes ago, Darth_Glorious said:

I always bow camp with Yamato and use mostly 6 guns so I can live with turret traverse.

With reload module, I can get 31s reload, it is not too bad.

1.8 sigma with low dispersion still is very deadly

Don't forget AR...My guess is they will nerf it's HP but make the reload on par with the yama.

[HAERT] it3llig3nc3
539 posts
4,492 battles
15 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

Was the Musashi weaker than Yamato in WW2, justifying the tier 9?

I thought they were sister ship with similar armaments?

Sister ships yes with almost identical design. However Musashi was the second one to get finished and it got special upgrades vs. Yamato to be capable of operating as a Fleet Admiral ship. Its interior design accommodated the necessary rooms, spaces and communication that a fleet admiral requires - this is because once Musashi joined the operating fleet the Admirals used that this as Fleet Admiral base when in port. (most of the time during WW2)

This has no impact on the game unfortunately - however I could think of a special skill for this ship that may represent this "Fleet Admiral role" for example: any friendly ships in 10km range from Musashi gets 10% more concealment or 10% more AA power or something similar.  

15 hours ago, MacFergus said:

Another BB what a great idea........:Smile_facepalm:

pssst. do not say this loud or WG may turn this ship into another Heavy Cruiser BB like Conqueror... :-D

[NWP] Negativvv
7,151 posts
9,896 battles
1 hour ago, PseudoMi said:

A possible gimmick for Musashi would be DefAA, to compensate her basic AA power.

Looks like she has so little AA that even Defensive Fire would be fairly futile lol

I guess it's good that WG aren't making blatantly better than Tech Tree ships as Prems although it's a bit late to be doing that and it seems to be IJN only that get this treatment.

T9 is a very difficult place for ships. As they're essentially T10 with the occasional T7 stomp. 9/10 games will be vs T10 anyway. Very few T9 ships are worth keeping over T10, the Fletcher is the only ship I can name.

For me Missouri is excellent and can survive in T10 games all day long (radar, good concealment, speed and accurate guns) but a half baked Yam with inferior soft stats and no AA? No thanks...

• Cool 1

[NWP] Negativvv
7,151 posts
9,896 battles
8 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

DefAA power multiplier can be set in a click.

Like Hood's silly rockets I guess...

Meh I don't enjoy playing Yam or any T10 BB that much anyway. They are all too hulking and slow for my liking. Just big fat floating XP barges for the real ships :Smile_child:

900 posts
4,442 battles

So Ijn has most silver sisters as a one tier lower prem versions, Yamashiro will be t5 then, concerning Musashi, only role i see her is a colectors thing, and a ingame high tier Arkansas (cv priority targer, all day long) but i'll wait till i get her (collection thing) to see how she behaves. :Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this