You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Adamo1

Radar at only some certain ships? ?

89 comments in this topic

Adamo1   

hello all,

is it true that only some ships do have radar? Thats a joke isnt it?

Im asking because I dont find radar on any german ship in the tree...

thansk for help

Klopirat   
1 minute ago, Adamo1 said:

uhmm really? How is that balanced?

you are aware that matches are not nation x against nation y? so it isn't a balance problem if some nations don't have certain gimmicks...

Adamo1   
Just now, Klopirat said:

you are aware that matches are not nation x against nation y? so it isn't a balance problem if some nations don't have certain gimmicks...

I only have german tree, was arse of work to get Tier 10...and not a single ship in german tree is equipped with radar?

Klopirat   
Just now, Adamo1 said:

I only have german tree, was arse of work to get Tier 10...

it is/was your own decision to limit your arsenal to one nation...

but you have reached Tier X and have so little knowledge about the game? very sad...

• Cool 14

9 minutes ago, keya_kin said:

Free ships: RUN and USN cruisers only.

Already bloody enough if you ask me. :Smile_sceptic:

You forgot about RN cruisers. Also USS Missouri and USS Black.

Adamo1   
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

it is/was your own decision to limit your arsenal to one nation...

but you have reached Tier X and have so little knowledge about the game? very sad...

Sorry I dont have endless time...

thats a joke - isnt it? That seriously never is Balancing ...never

Means:  I can put my ships into Trash for CW....and forget about it . Well done WG. Great job...

Marlekin   

If you're worried about ships shooting you from smoke, check out the upcoming patch notes. 

Anyway, radar is a very powerfull tool in a game where Destroyers already have a tough enough time as it is. The last thing this game needs is more radar cruisers. While german cruisers are a very solid pick, but they we're never about radar, and never will be. This really is your bad by not checking that out first! 

6 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

Sorry I dont have endless time...

thats a joke - isnt it? That seriously never is Balancing ...never

Means:  I can put my ships into Trash for CW....and forget about it . Well done WG. Great job...

T10 - German Hindenburg is and will be one of best cruiser for CW. And is one of strongest cruiser around.

Also crybaby you know USA cruisers don't have torpedo and you do?

Adamo1   
5 minutes ago, Marlekin said:

If you're worried about ships shooting you from smoke, check out the upcoming patch notes. 

Anyway, radar is a very powerfull tool in a game where Destroyers already have a tough enough time as it is. The last thing this game needs is more radar cruisers. While german cruisers are a very solid pick, but they we're never about radar, and never will be. This really is your bad by not checking that out first! 

My bad? I can tell you what my bad is: Trusting that a company is able to balance ships that way, that advantages and disadvantages are euqal

Probably thats my bad. With not having RADAR in any of my german tree...the whole tree isnt competitive at all.. and I can start to grind from scratch - awesome...

The_Tyke   

As mentioned before, the battles are not decided nation vs nation, so there is an equal chance that someone on your team has radar, as there is for the enemy.

Whether it is you that has it, or a team member, becomes irrelevant (unless your guy is sunk and theirs is not)

Not only is radar limited to certain ships, it also differs from tier to tier and nation.

Soviet's have longer ranged radar that has quite low active time, while US ships are the opposite:

example: 

Full stealth build T9 Baltimore has 9.7km surface detection and 9.45km radar that lasts for 35 seconds (+40% if you have the rare upgrade)

DM Donskoi on the other hand has 11.7km radar with 20sec active time

Radar & other consumables

ps: small world Marlekin

Adamo1   
5 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

T10 - German Hindenburg is and will be one of best cruiser for CW. And is one of strongest cruiser around.

Also crybaby you know USA cruisers don't have torpedo and you do?

see, I am playing T10 German DD. Whenerver I am detected while standing in a smoke..the WHOLE enemy team is foccusing. Impossible to leave a cap .

So, what are you talking about? This is total imbalanced this way, if there is nothing similar that I

1. had on my ship

2. had in my whole tree

to be competitive!

- torpedos on Hindenburg provide a single ship advance only . But beeing detected by radar is a team advance you never can even up that way.

I mean a whole tree turns useless this way. wtf?

Just now, Adamo1 said:

see, I am playing T10 German DD. Whenerver I am detected while standing in a smoke..the WHOLE enemy team is foccusing. Impossible to leave a cap .

So, what are you talking about? This is total imbalanced this way, if there is nothing similar that I

1. had on my ship

2. had in my whole tree

to be competitive!

- torpedos on Hindenburg provide a single ship advance only . But beeing detected by radar is a team advance you never can even up that way.

I mean my whole tree is useless this way. wtf?

Your error was getting caught in a smoke sitting still. Has nothing to do with you not having radar.

Even if your DD would have had radar you would've been caught.

101 to deal with radar:

- look at enemy team and see who (potentially) has radar ( you already fail here ... )

- asap find out where they spawned and sail accordingly ( and keep constant track of this )

- if none are spotted, avoid locations that are in radar ranges where ships can sneak into

• Cool 1

DDs aren't BBs. If DDs are too difficult to play for you then it isn't the right ship class for you.

DDs are a very tactical ship class. You need map awareness, anticipation and good decision making. Your HP pool is low. One mistake could be your last.

LilJumpa   
5 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

You have Hydro on your unfair OP unbalanced german wheraboo DD

Totally unfair and unbalanced. What a crap! You better not use that thing in Clanbattles!!!!!elfelf!!

Adamo1   

As you are detected for the whole enemy team...you can bet that you only will find Missouries etc in competition battles with radar - no doubt here, you can bet on this.

This is really a gamebraking disadvantage for other trees. I am not gonna start a complete new tree - this kind of tree balancing pretty much is ridiculous.

- I can put german T10 BB into trash

- I can put german DD into trash

- wow, I have an effective cruiser with 6km  torps..awsome..thank you WG for letting me wasting time by grinding up german tree!!!

12 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

1. had on my ship

2. had in my whole tree

to be competitive!

I mean a whole tree turns useless this way. wtf?

clear LTP case here....sorry mate, but you just dont know how to play this game.....Hindenburg is one of strongest cruiser

1 minute ago, Adamo1 said:

Play a radar ship line and we will see you here again complaining about other things.

• Cool 1

Radar on german cruisers will not help your german DD, to the contrary.

Radar is no danger to german cruisers, where is the disadavantage?

And I suggest to look at your ship. You will find stuff other ships do not have...

2 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

As you are detected for the whole enemy team...you can bet that you only will find Missouries etc in competition battles with radar - no doubt here, you can bet on this.

This is really a gamebraking disadvantage for other trees. I am not gonna start a complete new tree - this kind of tree balancing pretty much is ridiculous.

- I can put german T10 BB into trash

- I can put german DD into trash

- wow, I have an effective cruiser with 6km  torps..awsome..thank you WG for letting me wasting time by grinding up german tree!!!

Tell me again which competitive is played at tier IX where Missouri is in play?

German tier X DD is the best capping DD in game.

German tier X BB is the second easiest BB in game to play.

German tier X CA has great armour, amazing guns, great hydro and some torps. And now you also want radar?

Btw, have you actually already played these tier X ships?

Marlekin   
11 minutes ago, Adamo1 said:

My bad? I can tell you what my bad is: Trusting that a company is able to balance ships that way, that advantages and disadvantages are euqal

Ehm, no.

You thought all cruiser ingame would follow a same cookie-cutter consumable template. Thats nothing to with trust, thats just diving into a techtree without looking. 

German cruisers are actually pretty damn good from tier 8 and onwards. They dont have to get that close, as even a Hipper can score citadel hits on a broadside cruisers at its maximum range. Their AP is really that good. So screw radar, you dont have to get that close. Balance is not defined by having the same consumables as your opponent.