wtfzazo

Why do you all people run into your teammate's torps?

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

Question

The title explains it all. Why do you people do this? Why do you think it is cool? I just got my shameful pink removed off my service record, and a game later, a destroyer decides to run into my torpedoes! I reported him, but I am still sure I am going to get punished for him (!) running into my torpedoes and get my account suspended. Please people, if not for me, do it for the others. Do not walk into friendly torpedoes!

25 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

The title explains it all. Why do you people do this? Why do you think it is cool? I just got my shameful pink removed off my service record, and a game later, a destroyer decides to run into my torpedoes! I reported him, but I am still sure I am going to get punished for him (!) running into my torpedoes and get my account suspended. Please people, if not for me, do it for the others. Do not walk into friendly torpedoes!

It's the other way 'round. Do not torp if there is a chance to hit friendlies. You are boxing them in, limiting their maneuverability. Your teammates shouldn't need eyes in the back of their heads.

It is your fault and you are carrying the color of shame for a good reason. Only you have the ability to hold your fire if it could endanger a teammate. Learn from your mistake.

As I often see players, even in higher tiers, launch torps at ranges were the torps will never be able to reach the opponents I'll have to ask. Are you even aware of your own torps maximum range?

Please, teamkillers, if not for me, do it for the others: DON'T [Edited]ING TORP WHEN YOU CAN HIT FRIENDLY SHIPS WITH THEM!

If you hit someone with your torps, it is 99% your own fault, not his. Your torps, your responsibility to not hit or hinder friendly ships.

Your team and especially your DDs have a hard time already to evade torps and shots from the enemy team, they have no time to look for torps coming from behind them.

Stop trying to blame them for your mistakes.

:etc_red_button:

3 people like this

24 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

Because your torped him from behind!

Do not do it! You sabotage your team.

People do not have eyes in the back and even if they evade, you force them to take a course they do not want to. This can lead to them being unable to take a shot or spoiling their torpedo launch window, getting spotted, getting shot or even getting torpedoed by the enemy.

Do NOT launch torpedos from behind!!

You will get more reports than you will be ever able to give yourself, apart from being pink regularly.

Please start learning the basics of the game.

19 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

a destroyer decides to run into my torpedoes! I reported him, but I am still sure I am going to get punished for him (!) running into my torpedoes

This is almost too legendary to be true.

4 people like this

7 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

Everyone - really. I can't do this at maximum range.

So you do. Do you understand that you pulled the trigger that launched those torpedoes without looking if it would endanger or limit one of your teammates?

8 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

By your own description, you just did. Learn fire discipline. Don't just fire your torps because you can. If you can't do that then you are a danger to your team.

Most players don't run into your torpedoes willingly. They do so because they don't see them or because they don't have a choice. Some of us also started to no longer bother, to teach the mindlessly firing users a lesson.

7 hours ago, wtfzazo said:

I pretty much expected an answer from people who understand that there are some who run into my torps on purpose at their max range (in this case mutsuki with 8km torpedoes). And at max range, I can't get a friendly killed at max torp range this easy. If it is at 3, 4, 5, 6km at most, I would understand... 

Oh and, (unlike a friend of mine) I don't like TK-ing on purpose, so, people like the last one who answered - please.

Egoleter - I know my maximum torp range, as you have seen.

You should leave silently and in shame.

As others said, 99% of torpedoe hits on allies are the launcher's fault. Even if they hit at max range. Do you expect your allies to have eyes on the back of their head or watch their back during the whole game because someone (like you) could throw torpedoes in their way? If you don't, well... Your allies get the torpedoe warning as soon or late as an enemy ship with the difference that it usually takes a bit longer to catch the exact direction of a threat if it comes from the side or from behind your field of vision, so you can add some extra seconds to the reaction time.

As Egoleter said, most players won't catch your torpedoes because they want to. However, if I ever have the choice between taking friendly torpdoes and taking a $h1tload of damage from the enemy (no matter the source), I happily take the first. Why? For two reasons. A) They will only do half the nominal damage and B) the pink status (or ban) and/or reflected damage will hopefully teach this screw-up of a team mate a lesson not to limit my options to maneuvre when I take the heat off his second line torping rear.

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

every sentence in this 'post' is just :Smile_facepalm:

28 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

get my account suspended.

unfortunatley I guess this will not happen. But with such a screwed-up attitude you deserve to get banned!

2 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

I pretty much expected an answer from people who understand that there are some who run into my torps on purpose at their max range (in this case mutsuki with 8km torpedoes). And at max range, I can't get a friendly killed at max torp range this easy. If it is at 3, 4, 5, 6km at most, I would understand... 

Oh and, (unlike a friend of mine) I don't like TK-ing on purpose, so, people like the last one who answered - please.

But you obviously did.

I`ve had to dodge so many friendly torps lately it`s retarded. Players just launch them. Doesn`t matter if the ones they are launching them at, is in range or not.

I`ve taken friendly fire as a result of this....made damn sure I didn`t repair the flooding either.

Well, just had a game where a player launched torps into my aproach cause I blocked his launch. I had to stop so I didn`t get hit from all of them. Could not evade 30 torps in return from 2 shimas.

If it hadn`t been for my friendly torps I would have been safe.

Next time I let those torps from friendlies hit me. There is your answer OP.

Enough crap for brains randomly launch torps. I`m sick and tired of dodging friendlies too.

2 battles earlier I barely dodged 8 torps from a Mino. I spotted for him. He knew I was there....still launched them.

As Murphy's Laws of Combat Operations would say, "Once launched, Mr. Torpedo is not anyone's friend". If your allies "run" into your torpedoes at their max. range, you launched them most likely parallel to the "frontline" (which your friends ont he other flank do not expect) or at a target with friendlies behind it - in both cases if you hear a torpedo alarm, you automatically expect being fired upon by the enemies, not by friendlies. Unless it is a really "win or lose" situation, in such circumstances it is better to hold your fire and use guns instead or reposition. In fact at max range your allies may even ignore your torpedoes if they notice them earlier as they do not know your range and may think they are already in the safe distance.

To sum it up, another Murphy's Law:

"It's not the one with your name on it -- it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" that you should be worried about.". Applies to shells as well as to torpedoes.

20 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

I pretty much expected an answer from people who understand that there are some who run into my torps on purpose at their max range (in this case mutsuki with 8km torpedoes).

When you are a DD player you have to fight against other DDs, you have to watch for enemy radar ships, planes, torpedos and so on. The last thing which you need in these situations are teammates who shoot torpedos from behind you. Your DD teammates are fully concentrated on your enemy in front of them. No DD teammate expects your torpedos from the backline. That makes them extra dangerous.

3 hours ago, wtfzazo said:

a destroyer decides to run into my torpedoes! I reported him

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

You should leave silently and in shame.

As others said, 99% of torpedoe hits on allies are the launcher's fault. Even if they hit at max range. Do you expect your allies to have eyes on the back of their head or watch their back during the whole game because someone (like you) could throw torpedoes in their way? If you don't, well... Your allies get the torpedoe warning as soon or late as an enemy ship with the difference that it usually takes a bit longer to catch the exact direction of a threat if it comes from the side or from behind your field of vision, so you can add some extra seconds to the reaction time.

As Egoleter said, most players won't catch your torpedoes because they want to. However, if I ever have the choice between taking friendly torpdoes and taking a $h1tload of damage from the enemy (no matter the source), I happily take the first. Why? For two reasons. A) They will only do half the nominal damage and B) the pink status (or ban) and/or reflected damage will hopefully teach this screw-up of a team mate a lesson not to limit my options to maneuvre when I take the heat off his second line torping rear.

To be honest. If I hear the torpedo warning, my first reaction isn`t looking behind me to see where they are coming from. I do a 180 sweep infront of me first.

Someone also ran in to my torps, where can i get compensation? :D

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, wtfzazo said:

I pretty much expected an answer from people who understand that there are some who run into my torps on purpose at their max range ............

Are you a retired pro boxer, american footballer?   Your posts makes me wonder if you have been unfortunate and taken multiple blows to the head for many years for your sport.   Is that you Apollo Creed?

If you "have friendlies running into torpedos at their max range" then stop firing them or get better at aiming them, stop boxing your team in.  

As for your friend all I think is birds of a feather fly together; he does it deliberately, you're just negligent and blame everyone else for the outcome of your negligence and play the victim.

Go watch some Youtube videos and learn how to play; hopefully you will make a better player as you are a rather poor and unconvincing victim.  

If u don`t like what players are telling u in your own thread, don`t open one.

By u doing copy paste of the same lines over and over again just shows me how much of your thread is a mi mi mi mi thread.

"i didn't mean to drop that piano on your head, i just threw it out the window. can't u just be aware on what's coming from above?!".... ur torps, ur responsibility, as u hit the fire button. easy as pie...

if u drop torpedoes with such an attitude, plz got for the glorious us navy cruiser and battleship lines. they all come with the most b4DA$$ torps in whole game. they're so b4DA$$ invisible, they even go through friendlies and just hit reds  :Smile_great::Smile_trollface:

2 hours ago, siramra said:

To be honest. If I hear the torpedo warning, my first reaction isn`t looking behind me to see where they are coming from. I do a 180 sweep infront of me first.

This is excately what I meant. It is easier to recognize a thread which is coming from the front or from within your field of vision. If torpedoes come from behind you need a longer time to recognize it, adjust and take evasive actions. So in the end an ally getting torped from the second line needs more time to react than an enemy for whom the torpedoes come from ahead. But both get the torpedoe warning at the same time, i.e. when the torpedoes have the same distance to their ships.

hahahahahah i cant beleve he's actually posted this ( epic fail ) !!!!!!!!! DO NOT SECOND LINE TORP PLAIN AND SIMPLE !!!!

Ten times he accidentally fell on my knife. I swear.

Spoiler

From Alpha / Beta, we have always been thinking with teammates about what is going on in the heads of some players. And later why is our karma falling down. And here we are :Smile_teethhappy:

You make my day :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

As someone said, it is Second line torpedoing, unless you are good at this don't go near it. You have to know where your team mates are and which way they are likely to turn/head by the time your torps get there.

I was going through a gap in islands (wide granted), Shimakaze torps from the enemy, and suddenly friendly torps from behind which had no chance of reaching the Shima. Out of all those torps I took only 1.

Guess what it was the friendly, lucky I was in a cruiser and could take the hit.

Accidents happen but don't blame the guy in front. I did it once to a DD just after I started the game, I learnt to be more careful, he turned in just as I launched with no time to warn him.

Since then I have never hit a friendly with torps, I learnt maybe it's time you did.

I even saw someone yesterday fire torps through friendly smoke with one of our own dd's in there!

Oh I love your post OP! Wonderful to see people, even Tuccy fall for this!! And your epic reply which is rewarded with a -24 appreciation!! Stuff of legend. I bet not even Skybuck could overdo this!

On a serious note though: the enemy torpedo's never seem to hit me! FFS! I have to run into something, don't I?? And don't you judge my hobby.

:Smile_teethhappy::cap_haloween: