You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
SwedishFox

[ALL] SwedishFox Anime&Art skins

124 comments in this topic

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles

Update:

All my skins are now working without the "camouflage remover mod"! So u can use the wows-ingame skins on ALL other ships!

Hello and welcome to my skinning atelier:Smile_glasses:

If u are looking for historical or semi-historical skins then u my friend will not like what u are about to see :P :cap_wander:

If u can´t find the skin u are looking for, check out my mate Compass_Rose, he is a lot more productive then i am ;) 

U may request skins, but no promises.....

This right here is an invitation for a discord channel where u can find me and Compass_Rose, in case u have questions or just feel like talking:)

https://discord.gg/nufjRvq

Here is a link to my YouTube channel if u would like to see my skins in motion and with some "epic" music ;)

The  download-links are in the corresponding descriptions of each video! 

Before u hit the download-button make sure to hit the like-button!! Making one skin takes me at least 2 full days, writing a comment takes you 2min, giving it a like 2sec. It´s the least u can do!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAFiTZWKPO6U1kZnokPi0u2G_1mYBqGDA

Imperial Japanese Navy

Spoiler

Chikuma

Ibuki

Kii

Amagi

Yamato

Hakuryu

Ashitaka

Royal Navy

Spoiler

Lion

Edinburgh

King George V and Duke of York

Fiji

Exeter

Marine Nationale "La Royale"

Spoiler

Richelieu

Saint-Louis

Charles Martel

Algérie

Duguay-Trouin

Henri IV

Alsace

Regia Marina

Spoiler

Soviet Navy

Spoiler

Kronshtadt

Deutsche Kriegsmarine

Spoiler

Grosser Kurfürst

US Navy

Spoiler

Helena

• Cool 13

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles

:D Thank u Mr. or Mrs Rose!! Actually it was your work (which i use on my brits) that inspired me to give it a try as well:)

• Cool 1

[RATEL]
Players
118 posts
9 hours ago, SwedishFox said:

:D Thank u Mr. or Mrs Rose!! Actually it was your work (which i use on my brits) that inspired me to give it a try as well:)

excellent inspiration, if i might say :D

also i like that Kii very much, my third favorite Kanmusume is Unryuu after Prinz Eugen and Mutsu :Smile_teethhappy: (i have my Hakuryuu renamed and with a Unryuu skin, not that i am close to have it, since i am on the Hiryu ahah ... since the Katsuragi Skin was not to my liking ... )

duurrrrr.... now ... because of you and Compass_Rose i have a itchy wallet about the Oktabr.... GANGUT! and the Kii.

The Kii is a bit less likely since i grinded up to Nagato and i will have, sooner or later, the Amagi.... tho the Kii has a nice incentive ..... TORPS! (i love my Mutsu torps ... albeit being not "top notch" they have a nice reload, only my Tachibana is faster on that :Smile_teethhappy:, and can pack quite a surprise.)

DL'ed and yep .... looks reaaaal nice (for a Kancolle fan, don't mind the hater they hate just for hating.... tho you got lucky :D look at Compass 1st page ahah x)  )

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,284 posts
8,419 battles

I have just a rough idea how skins are made and I don't use them myself (although on WoT I did have once like Heidemarie W. Schnaufer skin for Jagdtiger and some GuP stuff) but I must say, very good work! Especially for a first one. Good to continue from here on.

• Cool 2

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles
1 hour ago, nc_squall81 said:

excellent inspiration, if i might say :D

also i like that Kii very much, my third favorite Kanmusume is Unryuu after Prinz Eugen and Mutsu :Smile_teethhappy: (i have my Hakuryuu renamed and with a Unryuu skin, not that i am close to have it, since i am on the Hiryu ahah ... since the Katsuragi Skin was not to my liking ... )

duurrrrr.... now ... because of you and Compass_Rose i have a itchy wallet about the Oktabr.... GANGUT! and the Kii.

The Kii is a bit less likely since i grinded up to Nagato and i will have, sooner or later, the Amagi.... tho the Kii has a nice incentive ..... TORPS! (i love my Mutsu torps ... albeit being not "top notch" they have a nice reload, only my Tachibana is faster on that :Smile_teethhappy:, and can pack quite a surprise.)

DL'ed and yep .... looks reaaaal nice (for a Kancolle fan, don't mind the hater they hate just for hating.... tho you got lucky :D look at Compass 1st page ahah x)  )

Thank u squall!:D  And btw the Kii has also best in class AA protection and the Oktober u can earn for free, so i would say, save your money for the Kii:)

• Cool 1

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles
22 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

I have just a rough idea how skins are made and I don't use them myself (although on WoT I did have once like Heidemarie W. Schnaufer skin for Jagdtiger and some GuP stuff) but I must say, very good work! Especially for a first one. Good to continue from here on.

Kiitos paljon!;)

• Cool 1

[RATEL]
Players
118 posts
On 10/7/2017 at 1:13 AM, SwedishFox said:

the Oktober u can earn for free, so i would say, save your money for the Kii:)

If .... i was a pvp player ... damned WG always putting a "random battle or ranked" instead of "Co-op, Random or ranked" .... oh well i guess i will put the daily "captain HSF Harekaze" in my personal challenges and take it in pvp for some stroll.

The only time of the 2 i got into pvp by mistake and i scored a kill .... was in a Harekaze 10-12 with TBRII, well with "just a flesh wound" it's less glorious even if the sunk ship was a BB and full health, the second time in a Prinz Eugen was less lucky .... even if if i got a kill also and the 2 match weren't lost )

naaahhh the "OR" is cheap enough in the standard edition, the one with "ship and port" ... or the 1st bundle ... dunno it's not an issue and still have 23 days for each offer of the "OR" and  even on the Kii standard .... again for that one too only the basic bundle is interesting ... i don't particularly like Permoflage, unless it's a HSF  and for the Harekaze .... my A. G. Spee has a HSF skin, so i can put any camo, i don't know if it's because it's new .... but the HSF camo is the only one that goes thru the camo remover (thanks god ...) they have good bonus .... but in case of the Kii .... i don't like the "Makoto Kobayashi" permoflage (and not only because of the price of the pack :Smile_teethhappy:)

On 10/7/2017 at 0:52 AM, WolfGewehr said:

I have just a rough idea how skins are made and I don't use them myself.

the only skin i ever made was a rather .... well it's not something impressive ... as i don't do any hull recoloring 

Mikasa (funny .... i did it after a request on NA forum in 2015 and woops Haruna Line on facebook did a similarly scheme, but with a recolor of the hull, in april 2017 an improved version technically, tho i still use mine over that one)

Spoiler

shot-17_10.07_08_14.39-0505.thumb.jpg.82dcd4e221d57a433b15d1130c69e8c4.jpgshot-17_10.07_08_14.45-0775.thumb.jpg.f4812f2179458222f5f5fc86792c9bbd.jpgshot-17_10.07_08_14.41-0345.thumb.jpg.25e7d8f9f694155c7324cec8c68d7560.jpgshot-17_10.07_08_14.51-0957.thumb.jpg.e565161d4ef48389c943beb9ebc7293f.jpgshot-17_10.07_08_15.01-0545.thumb.jpg.fc25ed676ba8e0081e5952fd02161d93.jpg

after that one ... well i never touched Gimp and DDS converter again, not confident enough (and given there is a lot of good "skin'er" like Compass_Rose, SwedishFox, VikingRDD and lots of others ).

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles

Good day Folks!!

Today it´s time for my second skin, and it´s the one everybody has been waiting for, for sooo long. Cuz it´s one of the oldest ships on WoWS. Nobody ever bothered with making a skin for it, until now! Yes, of cuz, it is the........Chikuma!! :D

Enjoy;)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9uxus6uerue76px/Chikuma.zip

• Cool 2

[RATEL]
Players
118 posts
47 minutes ago, SwedishFox said:

Good day Folks!!

Today it´s time for my second skin, and it´s the one everybody has been waiting for, for sooo long. Cuz it´s one of the oldest ships on WoWS. Nobody ever bothered with making a skin for it, until now! Yes, of cuz, it is the........Chikuma!! :D

Enjoy;)

HELL YES! finally a Chikuma skin! THANKS! (my fav low tier cruiser .... ok after the Katori .... :Smile_teethhappy: ) now i can finally re buy one for fun ahah!

• Cool 1

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles
22 minutes ago, nc_squall81 said:

HELL YES! finally a Chikuma skin! THANKS! (my fav low tier cruiser .... ok after the Katori .... :Smile_teethhappy: ) now i can finally re buy one for fun ahah!

I´m glad somebody got happy:)

Beta Tester
656 posts
4,489 battles
1 hour ago, SwedishFox said:

Good day Folks!!

Enjoy;)

If only her voice wasnt so annoying I could probably like her! >.>

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles

Finally!!!...i finished my third skin:D 

It´s the best tier 7 cruiser in the game right now (not counting the op, cash grabbing, seal clubber of a piece of crap... the Belfast) and i, the noobiest skinner of them all had to do it:P 

Of course it´s the HMS Fiji. I chose Fijian rugby as theme this time, that´s why it´s completely in black and white. Model this time was miss Amagi because of her wonderful flower in her hair;)

And don´t forget to leave a comment for god sake!!

• Cool 2

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles

If somebody could tel me what this little radar thingy below the windows is, i would get super happy in my pants!! I was looking all over the place for hours, could not find this dds. file:( 

The same goes for those depth-charges, u know, those little barrels at the very back of the ship. Help is very much appreciated:) 

59e33ebcb5e51_2017-10-15(5).thumb.png.082e5fe2643eb217e0aff10bbef2d0a6.png

Modder, Beta Tester
166 posts
4,069 battles

Most of the 'hard to find' textures like that usually fall under the finder, director, or misc categories.  When I first started the British BB line and started running into the problem of identifying textures I decided to catalog them.  I unpacked all the UK textures.  Every category.  Went into each and every file and wrote their filename directly on the texture in bright, obnoxious turquoise.  That way when I looked on the ship I could see which textures were which.  If  I couldn't zoom in far enough to read the entire tag I dumped a paint bucket on the texture and then checked to see if I had the right one.

The filenames always follow a standard pattern.  So the first letter is always the nation, and the 2nd is always the category.  The filenames also end with a description of what the texture is.  There are about 5-6 depth charge textures.  An example would be BM013_Depth_Charge_Roller_Track_a.dds

Hope this points you in the right direction.  ;)

• Cool 1

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles
1 hour ago, Compass_Rose said:

Most of the 'hard to find' textures like that usually fall under the finder, director, or misc categories.  When I first started the British BB line and started running into the problem of identifying textures I decided to catalog them.  I unpacked all the UK textures.  Every category.  Went into each and every file and wrote their filename directly on the texture in bright, obnoxious turquoise.  That way when I looked on the ship I could see which textures were which.  If  I couldn't zoom in far enough to read the entire tag I dumped a paint bucket on the texture and then checked to see if I had the right one.

The filenames always follow a standard pattern.  So the first letter is always the nation, and the 2nd is always the category.  The filenames also end with a description of what the texture is.  There are about 5-6 depth charge textures.  An example would be BM013_Depth_Charge_Roller_Track_a.dds

Hope this points you in the right direction.  ;)

Yeah i was trying the same thing, with red color all over the texture, it´s a hell of lot work!! I tried all the radar, finder ect, but no luck. Also tried all depth charges. (even mine textures, under projectiles)  Maybe it´s the same thing as with torpedoes, meaning, it takes much longer for the texture to appear. I had to restart the game to get the torp textures loaded in:/ 

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles
16 minutes ago, Compass_Rose said:

Yeah for the Fiji try BM031_Depth_Charge_Shelving_a.dds in the misc category.

Hej Rose:) 

It´s actually the BM011 file that´s for the Fiji, but it´s really only the shelf, the barrels i cant find. BM031 is for the Black Swan. Thanks anyway!! Btw, do u use gimp?  And i am in awe over how fast u crank out your skins, and there are really textures on EVERYTHING:D I don´t really have the time for this, cuz of work and life in general:) 

• Cool 2

Modder, Beta Tester
166 posts
4,069 battles

I use paint.net, which is freeware.  I also have an older version of Corel Photoshop that I use for certain functionality.  But 90% of the work is done in paint.net.  I feel like I'm getting faster the more I work with the software.  I'm sure you're noticing the same thing as you go through your first few.

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles

Ok, almost done.....so tired.....3:31, maybe i should take a rest.....

2017-10-21.thumb.png.8227762c97dd4311eca4980e1dfcee1b.png

Who can guess what ship, anime and character?? :) 

• Cool 2

[RATEL]
Players
118 posts
10 hours ago, SwedishFox said:

Ok, almost done.....so tired.....3:31, maybe i should take a rest.....

2017-10-21.thumb.png.8227762c97dd4311eca4980e1dfcee1b.png

Who can guess what ship, anime and character?? :) 

Leone/Lionel from Akame Ga Kill .... it's written on it, well her real name ... :p (tho even without the 2 big "LEONE" i would have recognized it )

answered in PM after a reminder that i forgot the ship: Lion

btw remember that?

On 10/7/2017 at 1:13 AM, SwedishFox said:

and the Oktober u can earn for free, so i would say, save your money for the Kii:)

well i got the "OR" (as you might've seen in Compass thread) but i will also save money by not taking the Kii .... reading feedback does not help me to want it and i am not that far from the Amagi :Smile_teethhappy:

Okhotnik ..... or .... Giulio .... who knows :Smile_hiding:

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles

Alright, the Mighty HMS Lion is ready to leave port!!

And model this time was of course Leone from Akame ga kill, she was obviously the perfect choice:) If u haven´t seen Akame ga kill yet, then do it now! It really is one of the best anime out there.

As always, leave a comment or thought.

• Cool 1

[-DJN-]
Modder
108 posts
8,722 battles
35 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Nice detail on that transom stern of Lion.

The pic with the lady/lion/shield?  Thanks:)

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,284 posts
8,419 battles
10 hours ago, SwedishFox said:

The pic with the lady/lion/shield?  Thanks:)

Yep that one.